Poll

Who should run NA Strat server

The Original NA Team (Me and the 30 others i have who help)
205 (57.7%)
LLJK_Zealot and shik
150 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 355

Author Topic: NA Strategus Server Poll  (Read 32574 times)

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: NA Strategus Server Poll
« Reply #135 on: July 14, 2011, 09:38:34 pm »
This is good. This is not a bad thing.

Good thing.

Not a bad thing.

This means we get all the benefits EU get like beta testing and sooner patches, and NA imput into official stats. We get to have official servers that run amazingly, and are free of clan bias. It's unconfirmed, but there might even be cool possibilities for strategus like multiple battles at the same time if things go well. This means we get fair mods hand picked by chadz instead of a bunch of guys someone knows IRL. This also means more servers to share the lag and take the strain of strategus. And Zealot and maybe other generous LLJK are emptying their wallets so you can have all that. Why in gods name don't you want it, other then "Ecko says it's bad" ?

Ecko isn't being stripped of a position. He is not being asked to step down and grand emperor of strategus. chadz wanted to run the official servers himself, and agrees that it is the smart thing to do. Ecko is very upset that the duty is not being granted to him and is throwing a tantrum. I'd rather have chadz own every server then have an official one run and handled by a person who stirs up this much drama when he doesn't get what he wants. Strategus is going to be 100% improved by this and there is really no way to argue that it wont.

edit: also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp2Um5nF8nA
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Delro

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Taking Arrows To The Face Since 2008
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Delro_ATS
« Reply #136 on: July 14, 2011, 09:38:46 pm »
your mothers a bus,
and your a car

I'ma bussin' your momma
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #137 on: July 14, 2011, 09:40:07 pm »
I challenge ANYONE who was in the battle to contradict me.  NOTHING improper happened.  If you are going to make accusations, bring some reliable players forward, or offer up video/screenshots.  Otherwise, sit down and stop spreading rumors.

Yes you were winning the siege, it may not have been "close" but considering you had already started with a significant advantage in troops and equipment, I'd say we were doing pretty good. But when the servers came back up, half the defenders did not return to the battle. You took significantly less losses in both equipment and troops the second time around, in addition to being able to perfect your strategy.

The ideal thing to have done would have just moved the battle to the next day, to allow the defenders to rejoin the battle, since they were not on teamspeak and did not know to rejoin the battle.

The most important issue, is that the defenders were not notified to rejoin the battle, and instead of the original 60 players fighting against you, there were maybe 30, if that. That is why this is such a big issue, not that we were "winning" or anything like that.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 09:41:20 pm by PhantomZero »

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA CRPG Admin
  • Game nicks: Ecko_ATS
« Reply #138 on: July 14, 2011, 09:40:44 pm »
He will have the same abilities as any other player. He will not have access to the server box nor the server itself, he is merely having access to "Where chadz says to pay."

Do you get it yet? Or do we want to continue your fascination with Classical going Mad Max and blowing up cars?

sorry, who owns the server? you say he wont have access? that's poor business right there. WHY CANT HE JUST DONATE TO chadz AND HAVE chadz RENT A SERVER

Offline Secret Agent Cow

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Gorath's Battle Buddy and noble squire.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Secret_Agent_Cow
« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2011, 09:41:53 pm »
sorry, who owns the server? you say he wont have access? that's poor business right there. WHY CANT HE JUST DONATE TO chadz AND HAVE chadz RENT A SERVER
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH~~~~~~!!!!!!

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #140 on: July 14, 2011, 09:43:02 pm »
+4
Keep at least the spam down or I'll call the intercontinental moderator group.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #141 on: July 14, 2011, 09:43:38 pm »
+2

I think that is what Zealot is effectively doing.
"hey chadz, if I give you a shitton more money then you normally get, every month, consistently, will you be super cool and use it for this specific purpose?"

And then chadz was all like "Lulz lets do this and troll"

And then we were all like "THE SKY IS FUCKING FALLING but it's ok, I have a fucking lollipop and i'm a car but your mother is a bus and god is school..."
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Slantedfloors

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Slanted
« Reply #142 on: July 14, 2011, 09:44:47 pm »
+1
Keep at least the spam down or I'll call the intercontinental moderator group.
Can we continue trying to piece out Native_ATS's analogy though?  This thing will be the Voynich Manual of the 21st century.

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 14, 2011, 09:46:51 pm »
I think that is what Zealot is effectively doing.
"hey chadz, if I give you a shitton more money then you normally get, every month, consistently, will you be super cool and use it for this specific purpose?"

And then chadz was all like "Lulz lets do this and troll"

And then we were all like "THE SKY IS FUCKING FALLING but it's ok, I have a fucking lollipop and i'm a car but your mother is a bus and god is school..."
You Think? so you dont know? This is way you fail

Offline LLJK_Goatee

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • "swing Merrill! swing away"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ADTRW Shogunate
  • IRC nick: Socratic
« Reply #144 on: July 14, 2011, 09:48:33 pm »
+1

Ecko as LLJK diplomat I would like to give you a subtle hint in netiquette please keep your font to 14 and lower.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #145 on: July 14, 2011, 09:49:32 pm »
+1
You Think? so you dont know? This is way you fail

At least I understand that Zealot is doing "charity" unlike Ecko who is calling it "Business" nor am I babbling about punching people in the face that so far not a single person understands the analogy of why the car is going from person B to A instead of the other way around....

But it's ok... I finally understand your avatar... I thought it was a community warning against trolls not that you were the troll in question.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline downer

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: downer
« Reply #146 on: July 14, 2011, 09:49:49 pm »
This thread is just delightful. <font size=billion>Why can't Zealot just pay for a server that chadz and Shik operate?</font>

Offline Delro

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Taking Arrows To The Face Since 2008
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Delro_ATS
« Reply #147 on: July 14, 2011, 09:50:04 pm »
+1

[/thread]

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
« Reply #148 on: July 14, 2011, 09:51:38 pm »
Seems silly to trust him not to log into his own serverbox. Zealot had to scrounge to sneak the NA server passwords, so what makes you think he would not access a server that he has the password to and has total control of.

Also the poll seems to speak volumes about the way the NA players who mainly use the NA strat server feel. The Vast majority of NA players like the Strat server as it is and feel it is fair.

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 14, 2011, 09:52:56 pm »
At least I understand that Zealot is doing "charity" unlike Ecko who is calling it "Business" nor am I babbling about punching people in the face that so far not a single person understands the analogy of why the car is going from person B to A instead of the other way around....

But it's ok... I finally understand your avatar... I thought it was a community warning against trolls not that you were the troll in question.
You dont understand at all, you just think you do. You just said I think that is what Zealot is effectively doing.
your backing a known troll, and a power abuser with out knowing for sure.