cRPG > Scene Editing

Strategus City Improvement Project

(1/49) > >>

Warcat:
In order to make cities playable for Strategus we expanded all of the cities in Calradia. Minor touchups and fixes may still be needed, but every city was worked on.
Current Town Situation:
Town 1 Sargoth: (Peasant_Woman) Done*
Town 2 Tihr: (Ozin) Done*
Town 3 Veluca:(Mustikki) Done*
Town 4 Suno: (Jacko) Done*
Town 5 Jelkala: (Warcat) Done*
Town 6 Praven: (Warcat) Done*
Town 7 Uxkhal: (Peasant_Woman) Done
Town 8 Reyvadin: (Jacko) Done
Town 9 Khudan: (Jacko) Done*
Town 10 Tulga: (Jacko) Done*
Town 11 Curaw: (Warcat)Done
Town 12 Wercheg: (Aelfwine) Done*
Town 13 Rivacheg: (Mustikki) Done*
Town 14 Halmar: (Peasant_Woman) Done*
Town 15 Yalen: (Mustikki)Done
Town 16 Dhirim: (Mustikki) Done*
Town 17 Ichamur: (Warcat) Done*
Town 18 Narra: (Jacko) Done
Town 19 Shariz: (Ozin) Done
Town 20 Durquba (Aelfwine) Done*
Town 21 Ahmerrad (Mustikki) Done*
Town 22 Bariyye: (Warcat) Done*

Proper Spawn Point Placing:[0-9 Attackers, equips spawns 1 meter behind point 0][10-63 Defenders][65 Defense Equipment]
*May need testing

Go to the bottom of this list to find a city you might want to work on.

(click to show/hide)I can't help but notice we are continuing strategus with the same scenes as last time. Thats fine for castles and villages, but the cities are not meant to, and do not work properly in multiplayer battles. It's one thing in cRPG maps, but Strategus battles should not need invisible barriers everywhere. Also the cities need more space around them and more depth to them. Places like Ichamur have no ability for use of catapults because the defenders are right on top of the attacking spawn from the beginning with a very small battle area and zero cover because the defenders can shoot from both sides of the attackers. And if someone does manage to bring down a wall on one of these maps, there is nowhere for the defenders to regroup and fight within the city. I like the basic walls of most all the maps. But they all need large expansions for proper playability.

Warcat:
Any comments on this?

chadz:
I've been desperately trying to find someone to take care of the town maps for a year, but alas, no one is willing to take up the (admittedly painful) task of polishing them.

Bobthehero:
I think there are some OSP you could use.

Warcat:

--- Quote from: chadz on July 17, 2011, 08:31:49 am ---I've been desperately trying to find someone to take care of the town maps for a year, but alas, no one is willing to take up the (admittedly painful) task of polishing them.

--- End quote ---
Obviously I can't do them all by myself, but I'm more than willing to do some work on some of them. Would need to know how spawn points differ from normal and if there is any particular things you want in them, but I can send you a sample of how I would expand a current map in a few days or less. Even OSP maps aren't meant for something quite like strategus.

Edit: I notice Town 6 appears to already have some work on it. However before any fighting happens on it, someone needs to remove the extra spawn point inside the city. There are two entry point 0's and its only using the wrong one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version