Author Topic: Whats wrong with DTV XP/GOLD income?  (Read 4567 times)

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
Re: Whats wrong with DTV XP/GOLD income?
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2011, 01:09:49 pm »
i dont much remember of you or i would have written your errors here but
we refused to let others stay there because most players are total kill greedy noobs 1hitting us poor shielders
I don't want to dwell on this too long, but that's not true in my case; I was a shielder and your clansmen kicked me away from the door so you could put your own man there. After a few failures, your shielders did learn where to stand, but at first you were clan stacking and messing it all up. All it needs at the door is two shielders who know how close to stand (a lot either try and stand in the doorway or too far back) and two spammers with nasty 2h/polearms to do the killing. It's a bit boring for the second line, because they only get kills when a bot manages to slip through but it's the way to win.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DrTaco

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • Your eternal reward
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swashbucklers
  • Game nicks: Magical Toaster
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2011, 03:27:04 am »
RIGHT NOW, I am looking at the listings. DTV has 12, regular battle has 89. I do believe that says something about it's popularity. Maybe there need to be some changes.
Don't take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2011, 05:37:05 am »
Im in the belieave they nerfed it for people to start playing seige again  :mrgreen:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Armadillo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2011, 07:41:12 am »
I see there is no eu 6 server now

Offline lenjurik

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • KING_UGBERT must fall
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Lenjurik_PxC, Rescue_Ranger_Chip
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2011, 08:13:16 am »
umm, 1/3rd repair costs seems reasonable.  atm x5 isnt enough to cover repair bill

Offline krampe

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Count Palatine of the Rhine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pony
  • Game nicks: krampe and the moons
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2011, 12:38:48 pm »
I don't want to dwell on this too long, but that's not true in my case; I was a shielder and your clansmen kicked me away from the door so you could put your own man there. After a few failures, your shielders did learn where to stand, but at first you were clan stacking and messing it all up. All it needs at the door is two shielders who know how close to stand (a lot either try and stand in the doorway or too far back) and two spammers with nasty 2h/polearms to do the killing. It's a bit boring for the second line, because they only get kills when a bot manages to slip through but it's the way to win.

Oh, well our rule was everyone gets a chance as spammer or as shielder, even second one because mistakes can happen.
Only proven failures were "removed" from key positions. Think about it, next.
Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Offline yakri

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2011, 03:25:46 am »
DTV was actually pretty reasonable with full income/exp.

You just need to limit it to the right kind of maps, as in its current form it is actually very hard, and requires good gear.

With 1/3rd exp/gold, there isn't any reason to do DTV other than for funsies, as you lose more money and gain less than on regular servers, generally speaking.

Since it's only fun for the hell of it when your tired of other modes, and you're penalized for playing it, why the hell would anyone want to play DTV?

Edit: one possibility would be change it back to full exp/gold, then limit DTV with river/plains/mountainous maps with no buildings/trees, and make the NPC's a little easier.

A giant melee might be a lot more fun than camping, and harder to keep going for many rounds at a time.

PS. making the rounds shorter but harder to win would be nice.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 03:27:46 am by yakri »

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2011, 03:38:58 am »
TBH be fair it was a bit too easy money and xp and i think 1/3 is fine but its the upkeep that makes it unplayable imo..

Make it 2/3 and half the upkeep so then it should be fine yeah?

I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2011, 08:17:12 am »
TBH be fair it was a bit too easy money and xp and i think 1/3 is fine but its the upkeep that makes it unplayable imo..

Make it 2/3 and half the upkeep so then it should be fine yeah?
ehm..No! 2/5 income, 2/5 upkeep.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2011, 03:25:32 pm »
The upkeep rate isn't really important as in DTV you can hang around with very limited gear (you don't need that much armor when the teamwork is ok).

However :

DTV was actually pretty reasonable with full income/exp.

You just need to limit it to the right kind of maps, as in its current form it is actually very hard, and requires good gear.

With 1/3rd exp/gold, there isn't any reason to do DTV other than for funsies, as you lose more money and gain less than on regular servers, generally speaking.

Since it's only fun for the hell of it when your tired of other modes, and you're penalized for playing it, why the hell would anyone want to play DTV?

Edit: one possibility would be change it back to full exp/gold, then limit DTV with river/plains/mountainous maps with no buildings/trees, and make the NPC's a little easier.

A giant melee might be a lot more fun than camping, and harder to keep going for many rounds at a time.

PS. making the rounds shorter but harder to win would be nice.

Your suggestion looks promising. As it is, camping is the only way to win, and most players simply wait and watch the money rolling slowly. A harder, high reward, more intense and less exploit prone DTV would be better. Flat maps with nearly nothing to defend, but with less bots would do the trick I think.

Offline Armadillo

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2011, 10:44:07 pm »
Ya I see the topic is dead.

Same as DTV game mode.

Is it really so hard just to make 50% upkeep?
Is it really so much easier to make only gold and exp gathering on 50%?