Author Topic: Current situation of One-Handed (Cut) Weapons.  (Read 2840 times)

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
Re: Current situation of One-Handed (Cut) Weapons.
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2018, 11:42:43 am »
+3
i think that a gold reduction per tick change (ie lets get rid of hyperinflation) will hopefully lower armor values making cut more viable on the battlefield. some have voiced opinions that this will cause an increase in grinding and hurt server pop, but i think that the belief is a tad extreme.

I am the one that voiced my opinion about anti-grinding. The mod isn't -healthy- enough persay to bring back grindy feeling things. Should focus more on the implementation of things like shop respecs, loom reforges, and loom points. It is my belief that allowing veterans and new players alike to swap +3s at a small cost will bring more life to the game as it would effectively remove punishment from trying new things. People often times find some renewed fun when trying new things.

All that said It is entirely possible to reduce gold gain per tick but keep XP high so grinding XP won't be as dreadful. The one thing I don't want to see is people wearing peasant gear so they can wear plate later... I believe this practice to be something from a bygone era that should remain in that time period. Though win/loss ratios would be more important Idk there are a lot of things to think about here. *on how to make the game feel more rewarding*

Offline Suedehead

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: wife_of_an_acrobat
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2018, 10:01:22 pm »
22/21 with 3 ps and MW Grosses Messer - all is moreover ok

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2018, 12:14:24 am »
+1
It may be optimal to bring more than 1 weapon as a 1h. In fact, you can bring a shield and 2-3 weapons for every possible scenario. Short + spammy, long + slow, and a blunt/pierce weapon.
Without knowing your own damage, can't really say. Speed bonus + holding + head hits is a significant amounts of damage bonus from lower raw damage weapons.

Based on looking at the currently used soak/reduction cut values, low cut is pretty terrible vs. high armor.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2018, 12:59:55 am »
+1
It's pretty realistic now I guess.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2018, 08:23:01 am »
+1
Yeah there is some realism to it now, gotta bring different damage types and such, but 1h cut damage is quite pathetic to be honest. The best way to play a 1her is to hybrid polearm and use that. People dont respect 1h at all and just spam because eventually you will just get lucky and outrange them, and deal 3x the damage. Or you can just spam kicks which reach longer than most 1h (kicks are really messed up).

I do enjoy the concept of having to use different damage types as a 1h, its just that theres so much armor to break through and blunt/pierce 1h are very short against heavy armor duelist builds in this mod where weapon reach is key.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2018, 08:44:16 am »
Or you can just spam kicks which reach longer than most 1h (kicks are really messed up).

How can you complain about kicks and defend nudge at the same time  :shock:

You can avoid getting kicked as it stops character that is performing it, while nudge is bloody safe and it only work as intended in 1vs1, when outnambered it turns you into tenis ball  :lol:

With the amount of body armour that avarage player wear cut damage is unfixable unless some heavy economic factor hits.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 08:47:49 am by Dalhi »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2018, 01:18:04 pm »
How can you complain about kicks and defend nudge at the same time  :shock:

You can avoid getting kicked as it stops character that is performing it, while nudge is bloody safe and it only work as intended in 1vs1, when outnambered it turns you into tenis ball  :lol:

With the amount of body armour that avarage player wear cut damage is unfixable unless some heavy economic factor hits.

Nudges arent a guaranteed free hit, its more like a disorienting move. I dont have as much issues fighting outnumbered as 1h cause i can bounce between everyone and spam rather effectively, but sure if you have a more defensive playstyle if screws you. I hardly get nudged at all, most who use it are easily identifiable and can be attacked during attempts. I dont get kicked that often either simply because not many people use it, but it is rather hard to approach and the damage you take is so much more than what you would deal.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline illogical

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • 100 Ping User
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Union, Teutonic Order
  • Game nicks: T_Yakety_Sax_savesiege
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2018, 02:20:07 pm »
+3
Cut 1h it's garbage for most gamers, not nerds. You kill archer, but not kill plate man or heavy armor man, plate man fuck you.
Now all players have +3 all armors and big money for repair all price items combination. Not have repair balance.
#savesiege

Offline Silveredge

• Count
  • Renown: 190
  • Infamy: 41
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silveredge
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2018, 01:32:21 am »
I have always felt that Polearm kick was absolutely the furthest reaching kick for some strange reason.  Everyone should have the same range on kick, but over all these years, the jaw dropping "how did that kick even hit that guy" was always accompanied by a polearm user doing the kicking.  Does anyone else get dem feelz?

Edit: and I don't mean when people run into the polearm users kick, because that is common when you're trying to get in range.  I'm talking about when you really don't think that kick should have hit at the range you just saw it register at.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2018, 03:47:50 am »
I have always felt that Polearm kick was absolutely the furthest reaching kick for some strange reason.  Everyone should have the same range on kick, but over all these years, the jaw dropping "how did that kick even hit that guy" was always accompanied by a polearm user doing the kicking.  Does anyone else get dem feelz?

Edit: and I don't mean when people run into the polearm users kick, because that is common when you're trying to get in range.  I'm talking about when you really don't think that kick should have hit at the range you just saw it register at.

i feel the same, but would also reckon that the players most likely to kick often are polearm players.

source: long-time kickspamming polearm player

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2018, 03:19:08 pm »

Probably more bound to the fact that polearms have to play around reach and so use longer weapons which makes baiting people into kicks much more common. 2h also play on range but they have other good tools like left and right swing both being good so spamming is very viable, and of course they have better feints so they dont really need the kick as often.