Author Topic: Escape from Tarkov  (Read 33164 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Escape from Tarkov
« Reply #195 on: May 21, 2018, 11:15:38 pm »
Not very high, 12 or something. I get about -10% recoil from soft skills in total. I think I prefer a silencer with the 74M, since for some reason the 180 recoil with silencer feels about the same as the 150 with comp. Meanwhile 103 feels "floppy" no matter what attachments you use, making it very hard to land quick consecutive shots.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 22, 2018, 10:02:51 am »
I'm suffering right now with standard edition, because of the combination of tasks I am currently on.

Need to collect 4 car batteries and 3 gunpowder for Therapist, 10 graphics cards for Mechanic, hoses, clin wiper and bleach for Peacekeeper. All these quest items probably take up 1/2 of my whole inventory space lol, the car batteries and graphics cards alone take a fuckton of space. It pains me that I have to sell fully modded guns and good armors to make space for this. At least I have 2 docs cases so that 1/3 of my inventory isn't just keys. Can't wait to reach level 4 Therapist for Money case (i'm level 29 atm), since my stash is getting full with money as well and I didn't have much luck to find wallets.

EDIT:
Anticheat update is being finalized. It will be added in in the intermediate update before 0.9 patch.
Stuttering and freezes. Discovered and fixed several freeze issues linked to physics, weapon firing, shaders, player and AI spawns. Some of this fixes also will be added in intermediate update.
AI. Discovered and fixed abnormal behavior in several cases. AI will be fully reworked in the next patches.
Spawn system. Spawn selection will be removed to ensure randomness and avoid possibility of close spawning. Also level design will be tweaked for that.
Netcode. Working on the overall improvement (spawn lags, peaker advantage, teleporting)
Optimization of Shoreline and Customs - almost done. Will be in 0.9, maybe earlier.
Quests. Time limit in quests will be removed. Also partial handover of items will be implemented + overall quest design being tweaked.
"Ancient evil code" bugs being fixed (inventory lockups for example)
Location bugs are being fixed (LODs, absence of physical colliders etc)
Firerate linked to FPS is fixed
Other fixes that I forgot to write

thank fuck for that
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 02:52:37 pm by Vibe »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 22, 2018, 03:26:57 pm »
There are big teams working solely on anticheat and they're failing to stop a lot of cheaters, so I'm not too massively optimistic for Tarkov's in-house Russian anticheat, but at least it'll be something, so that's cool. From what I understand, there is literally no anticheat right now.

Sounds like a great patch though, hope it comes soonish.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 22, 2018, 03:34:40 pm »
Yeah I have my doubts about their own anticheat and it worries me that they're so confident about it. Anticheat is a constant, massive struggle - I'd rather just see them get Battleye or something. I know it doesn't stop all cheats but at least the blatant ones would be gone.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 22, 2018, 09:30:51 pm »
I wouldn't tolerate even one quarter of the issues that Tarkov has from any other game. I guess that's testament to how much I like the core gameplay/design. But boy, is it an abusive relationship sometimes. No game makes me as mad as Tarkov does sometimes. From the hackers, to the stutters, to the desync, to cheating AI, to dozens of glitches and bugs (people glitching in walls, random sprint steps ruining your aim, full auto suddenly not working, fire rate tied to FPS, etc., etc) to low FPS, to just some flat out retarded design choices (that thankfully usually get changed after a while, the devs do listen to the community).

Still, it's everything I wanted from DayZ in an ideal package, I really like the raid format. Haven't been able to play PUBG since I got Tarkov either, it just bores me in comparison. And some of the map design is spectacular, like Interchange is super unique.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #200 on: May 25, 2018, 04:27:03 pm »
+1
I wouldn't tolerate even one quarter of the issues that Tarkov has from any other game. I guess that's testament to how much I like the core gameplay/design. But boy, is it an abusive relationship sometimes. No game makes me as mad as Tarkov does sometimes. From the hackers, to the stutters, to the desync, to cheating AI, to dozens of glitches and bugs (people glitching in walls, random sprint steps ruining your aim, full auto suddenly not working, fire rate tied to FPS, etc., etc) to low FPS, to just some flat out retarded design choices (that thankfully usually get changed after a while, the devs do listen to the community).

Still, it's everything I wanted from DayZ in an ideal package, I really like the raid format. Haven't been able to play PUBG since I got Tarkov either, it just bores me in comparison. And some of the map design is spectacular, like Interchange is super unique.

that's why i'm taking a little break from it ,tarkov is like a rough diamond and i don't want to have a burnout of it before it becomes what it should be. Even if the 50% of the Nikita's promises are going to be ingame it'll be a good progress for the game and i really appreciate that he's listening to constructive criticism and ignoring the haters.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 25, 2018, 09:11:54 pm »
I think devs are nice and I love how they listen to community feedback, shit Nik even lowered SMG prices live on stream due to community feedback, but I do think they're in a bit over their heads, especially technologically-wise and they did admit they're having troubles getting proper professionals to help them out - I mean let's be honest who'd want to come code in shithole russia?

They're passionate, but certainly this game needs at least a year to be considered playable by normal standards. It's still addicting as shit, but for me it's mostly due to the MMO "pull" this game has, eg. looting shit, improving your stash, wealth and character, etc.  And I absolutely love modding guns. 50% of the fun is had outside the matches just fucking around with guns and shit in your inventory.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 26, 2018, 12:31:15 pm »
https://clips.twitch.tv/BelovedBlueBibimbapJonCarnage

fucking shoreline lol (he's using BT rounds), this is why I said this a while ago:

Today, fishy stuff left and right once again. People soaking up half of my mag. Can't even tell anymore if it's cheats or if Shoreline is so horribly desynced.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 26, 2018, 01:38:29 pm »
I feel like it has something to do with the RPM. Never had an issue with the slower shooting guns, almost feels like 650+RPM is too fast for the server to register properly or something. Or could just be a coincidence.

He's using a 600 RPM gun though, but actually just finished watching the clip. I thought he died and there was some client-server hitreg issues. That just looks like good old Shoreline delay, probably would've dropped down dead in the same amount of time even if he stopped shooting five seconds earlier.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 01:42:27 pm by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 26, 2018, 02:07:34 pm »
I think it's a combination of clientside framerate that bottlenecks rpm and good old desync/netcode.

I'm guessing the server actually registered only a couple of those bullets hitting the guy and for the victim it looked like he was killed instantly or something.

Offline Belenos

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huron
  • Game nicks: Huron_be_belenos
  • IRC nick: Huron_be_belenos
« Reply #205 on: July 02, 2018, 10:19:56 pm »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 13, 2018, 06:07:20 pm »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 20, 2018, 08:30:17 pm »
Patch seems good so far. Also, with the face hitboxes, pistols are pretty good...

Both of these guys had forts and helmets, and I had nothing except the pistol. Cool way to get two forts at level 7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGvDNckY_-E
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 22, 2018, 06:39:56 pm »
Having a lot of issues with desync in the last few days and getting killed without any sound

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 14, 2019, 04:35:23 pm »
I picked this up a couple weeks ago and boy does it put me on edge. I play like I'm a freegan Solid Snake, creeping around picking up leftover canned goods and electronic parts.

I've had no luck trying to be nice to fellow scavs, the one time a scav player didn't just shoot me on sight he got me killed by giving away our position shooting at NPC scavs.
And how!