Author Topic: Escape from Tarkov  (Read 33287 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Escape from Tarkov
« Reply #225 on: June 30, 2019, 10:31:22 pm »
Lab was gay when I played because everyone was just running around with a pistol, zero risk, huge potential reward. But I think they added an expensive (?) keycard after that, so probably not an issue anymore.

Somewhat, if you know what you're doing you can still make a lot of bank with a bit of luck and just a pistol in Labs. But I definitely see way more geared players than non-geared players there due to entry cost.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 01, 2019, 03:06:56 am »
The pussy-ass playerbase has always been my biggest gripe with Tarkov. I can have fun despite knowing the content inside out, if I can just come across geared players at fairly regular intervals and have great firefights. Instead, too often it's 90% level 60 hatchlings.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 01, 2019, 10:18:34 am »
The primary offender in Labs low gear run is LEDX drop, that thing sells for 800k+ and spawns at basically one place, such a 1 slot item honestly shouldn't even exist. So low gears just rush there hoping to get it. It's a rare-ish spawn but doing some math you can basically fail to get it 6 times and still profit. Really really hope they either make the item more common so the price isn't so high and definitely spread it around the Labs, so these people actually have to roam around and fight off raiders and other players to look for it. In fact, this needs to be done on every map, static spawns just promote hatchling/low gear runs. There should still be high value loot areas of the map, that you would still have to look around and possibly have scavs spawned there from the start so hatchlings would either be stopped or delayed enough for geared players to catch up to them.

All that being said, in Labs I still find a decent amount of geared people. Pistol Labs runners can only really be found at the 1-3 places and then they extract whereas the geared players stay to fight off scavs. The issue is that it devalues other maps, both in terms of XP and money gained. So if you're looking for xp and money, which most people are, Labs is best by far.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 12:04:30 pm by Vibe »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 01, 2019, 05:15:51 pm »
+3
Honestly I can't believe they still haven't fixed static high value spawns, considering how EVERYONE has said it's awful. Key runs are another major offender. Dynamic spawns would completely eliminate that problem, you'd need gear to go through a ton of loot spots, it'd be more optimal than a naked guy running somewhere first, for once.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 12, 2019, 08:29:44 am »
https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/c9ytdg/quick_status_update_on_012/

Sounds very promising. Wonder about the secret thing, some people speculate it's Steam Audio. Would be great.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #230 on: July 12, 2019, 09:26:20 am »
Sounds exciting, especially migration to new engine version and more optimizations
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 12, 2019, 12:36:33 pm »
https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/c9ytdg/quick_status_update_on_012/

Sounds very promising. Wonder about the secret thing, some people speculate it's Steam Audio. Would be great.

Its not nikita confirmed steam audio in 0.13 unfortunately

Apparently they will tune the old sound system a bit before that tho. Exciting either way
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 01:15:24 pm by Vibe »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 12, 2019, 02:22:40 pm »
Damn, Steam audio is confirmed later on, though? That's great news.

My one big fear for this game is still the karma system they've talked about. It sounds absolutely, ridiculously, game-killingly horrible. Nikita also believes karma exists in real life, so he thinks it would be realistic for people who PvP a lot to have their guns jam more, etc.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #233 on: July 12, 2019, 03:36:27 pm »
What, like more jams if you shoot more - or just shoot at players more?
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 29, 2019, 12:32:06 pm »
My one big fear for this game is still the karma system they've talked about. It sounds absolutely, ridiculously, game-killingly horrible. Nikita also believes karma exists in real life, so he thinks it would be realistic for people who PvP a lot to have their guns jam more, etc.

My theory is that some super secret research was going on in the Tetralabs, research on TIME TRAVEL. And during that research, something exploded like Chernobyl, and people in Tarkov got affected by it. Now when their body dies, their soul doesn't do what it normally would, but instead the soul and memories move to another timeline, where the body is alive. How else would you explain insurance after death? Prapor and the Doctor Lady are two of the few people who are aware of what's going on, they are time-shifting demons, who move freely in at least 6 dimensions. It's kind of like Dark Souls, where you don't die, but are reborn in last bonfire. In Tarkov, you are reborn in hideout.

ye and karma is in there too

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 13, 2019, 12:13:48 pm »
BattleEye confirmed for Tarkov, good shit. I'm glad they finally gave in because their own anticheating solution was definitely not working very well.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 13, 2019, 08:20:14 pm »
Is that the "big news"?

Was hoping for something a little more... impactful, I guess, but that's good. Don't know how much it'll change, but hopefully a little at least.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 14, 2019, 10:03:47 am »
Yes this is the "big news". It's a welcome improvement either way because their current anticheat was pretty dogshit.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 14, 2019, 11:23:46 pm »
Really want to play Tarkov actually, can't wait for .12. Probably what I'm most hyped for, .12 sounds like the biggest update since I started playing in January 2017... or 2018, can't remember.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 15, 2019, 05:57:44 am »
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/467287535?t=05h12m33s

God damn labs looks fun this late into a wipe. Also this guy is by far the best Tarkov streamer, skill-wise.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.