Author Topic: Donkey team no longer developing M:BG / OKAM  (Read 107498 times)

Offline Kaido

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 26
    • View Profile
Re: Donkey team no longer developing M:BG / OKAM
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2017, 10:02:49 am »
+2
Here we go again, back into the loop of cRPG. Feels like this mod is the final boss of the gaming industry. Not even their makers can make something that will be more fun and enjoyable than a game of 100v100 EU1 battle.

Give just 2-3 days of work and fix the website/strat/items. There are little bugs and shitty things like the  0:00:00:00 and news and stuff. Details are everything just give 2 days, you pay to keep the servers  for 7 years i think its reasonable.Even if the mod get 50 players max in afternoons it's still a reasonable amount than shutting yourselves from gaming community till your next project.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2017, 10:06:21 am »
+4
Would be great if someone would get crpg back on track again, but I hope for his own good it won't be chadz. Don't think he would do it anyway.

Offline MacX85

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 14
    • View Profile
    • 3D Portfolio
  • Game nicks: Siegbert
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2017, 10:42:51 am »
+2
They still have rights to the engine, right? While all the assets like textures, models, mechanics, programming and even OKAM's concept might technically be property of the publisher, I can't really imagine Donkeys not being allowed to use the engine they made from scratch. Having the engine, it should be a lot easier and faster to develop a new game.

Well, I for one have never formally given away the rights of use of the assets I created externally (character model and some gear). Technically, they couldn't make the Donkeys not use those assets if I agreed to it. I guess same is true for everything other Freelancers created or maybe they themselves before they signed contracts.

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2017, 12:50:30 pm »
+13
For fuck's sake just buy bannerlord license and make strategus mod on it when it comes out. Like those other retarded mods for warband - with fire and sword, napleon and other crap.
when UIF looks at you
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline naduril

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Naduril
  • IRC nick: Naduril
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2017, 02:57:31 pm »
+4
For fuck's sake just buy bannerlord license and make strategus mod on it when it comes out. Like those other retarded mods for warband - with fire and sword, napleon and other crap.
Plus blackjack and whores, please.

however, fuck blackjack!

PLEASE
(click to show/hide)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 500
  • Infamy: 1106
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2017, 03:52:20 pm »
+5
If chadz and co are Wireless Warlock ( AKA Donkey Crew )  they fired themselves? i truely dont understand.

Seems that UK has some laws in place that give game developer companies certain advantages over opening dev studio somewhere else. That is probably why Sony had so many studios in the UK few years ago. If I learned something from the train-wreck called Star Citizen is that there's a bunch of companies connected with single gamedev project. With few people in charge. I think Roberts bros and their lawyer have like 20 or so different companies registered on their name that are connected with Star Citizen, just in UK!

Anyway back to so called Warlock Wireless Limited. It is similar company like those in case of Star Citizen, not sure what is role of it but it is listing two names: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08859132/officers

Those two dudes or whatever (Ms could be typo or upcoming sex change) have quite a lot of companies registered on their name. Check bottom of this page for mutual companies. They are all the same like Warlock Wireless. Only exception is Daedalus Partners LLP which seems to be some kind of financial fund. The more I dig into start-up business, the way it is financed, the more I get the impression that whole thing is just another new way for money laundering :lol:

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2017, 07:21:12 pm »
 :wink:
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2017, 07:26:27 pm »
+2
I had been waiting.

Now my hopes are chrushed, and I can't even play crpg due to constantly disconnecting :\

Wish the Donkey Crew the best of luck, and hope they'll make crpg2 for bonerlords !
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2017, 08:10:31 pm »
+1
Maybe go for a sandboxy spacegame next?

Somewhere in the back of my mind I seem to remember a talk about some space themed game by chadz, many years ago. Of course it couldn't have gone anywhere but i'm wondering for my own sanity if I am completely imagining it or was there something?

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2017, 08:20:01 pm »
+2

Offline Xesta

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • Known as the best player of cRPG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2017, 08:31:22 pm »
+3
I would love to get my hands on a bannerlord c-rpg mod, maybe you could make it pay2play? I mean paying 15 $ for a great mod which would give me another 4k playtime would be a fair price, but I don't know if it is possible since TaleWorlds are the one deciding if we could actually buy mods for bannerlord or not. Heck, I don't even know if you guys even planned to bring out a c-rpg like mod for bannerlord, but still would be great if you do so.
Xesta you dumb fuck it all started because of you.Everyone i know in this server hates u pimple faced fuck.Go find someone else to pull your nipples,spit your face and tell how stupid you are i'm done with you.I'LL KEBAP YOUR ASS ON MY SHISH I'LL TURN FACE HOLES INTO A SPERM SPLATTER TO GROW FETUS IN UR MOMS UTERUS

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2017, 08:37:26 pm »
+1
Somewhere in the back of my mind I seem to remember a talk about some space themed game by chadz, many years ago. Of course it couldn't have gone anywhere but i'm wondering for my own sanity if I am completely imagining it or was there something?

http://forum.melee.org/announcements/project-asinus-revealed!/msg426864/#msg426864

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 734
  • Infamy: 922
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2017, 09:46:46 pm »
I would love to get my hands on a bannerlord c-rpg mod, maybe you could make it pay2play? I mean paying 15 $ for a great mod which would give me another 4k playtime would be a fair price, but I don't know if it is possible since TaleWorlds are the one deciding if we could actually buy mods for bannerlord or not. Heck, I don't even know if you guys even planned to bring out a c-rpg like mod for bannerlord, but still would be great if you do so.

We'll probably hear news about Bannerlord in a month (GDC 2017) but I don't expect alpha during 2017.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2017, 10:43:26 pm »
We'll probably hear news about Bannerlord in a month (GDC 2017) but I don't expect alpha during 2017.
I wouldn't get your hopes up for gdc, Taleworlds isn't on the list of companies that will be there.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2017, 02:06:05 am »
+2
I wouldn't get your hopes up for gdc, Taleworlds isn't on the list of companies that will be there.
fuck