Author Topic: Pokemon Go  (Read 12640 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2628
  • Infamy: 780
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Go
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2016, 02:11:08 pm »
I'm too old for that shit, also get nauseous for some reason if I look at screen while commuting. Usually I'm fine with everything, that is the only thing that makes me wanna barf. For me it like this, place buds in my ears and put on some good music. Usually take a nap or two, with music on.

Not to mention dangers of being surrounded by people while reading crap that gets posted in here. Could legitimately go snackbar and slit someones throat out of sheer desperation and disappointment in humanity. It is better to listen to 'sympathy is what we need my friend cause there's not enough love to go round', builds up tolerance bar :D

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2016, 03:38:50 pm »
+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

What do you suggest I'd be doing aside from that then?

I'm too old for that shit, also get nauseous for some reason if I look at screen while commuting. Usually I'm fine with everything, that is the only thing that makes me wanna barf. For me it like this, place buds in my ears and put on some good music. Usually take a nap or two, with music on.

Not to mention dangers of being surrounded by people while reading crap that gets posted in here. Could legitimately go snackbar and slit someones throat out of sheer desperation and disappointment in humanity. It is better to listen to 'sympathy is what we need my friend cause there's not enough love to go round', builds up tolerance bar :D

Yes it's either sleep with music or just chat with people, whatsoever.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2016, 04:03:19 pm »
What do you suggest I'd be doing aside from that then?

Look bored to death like everyone else.

I'm joking the whole way ofc, even though I happen to mock your kind from time to time... the ones that gets on my nerves mostly are those who are nose-deep in their whatever + walk accross the road; if manslaughter wasnt a crime I would have happily rolled over some, they really arent fit to live.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2016, 04:56:03 pm »
+2
I take a train for 3 hours every day

That's why I love my overpriced apartment; 15 minutes and I'm at work.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2016, 04:57:34 pm »
+1
the ones that gets on my nerves mostly are those who are nose-deep in their whatever + walk accross the road; if manslaughter wasnt a crime I would have happily rolled over some, they really arent fit to live.

I'm with yah on that one... some guy was walking slow af this morning nose-deep in his phone (probably playing pokemon go, let's be real). I was trying to make a left turn into my building's parking lot and had to cross 2 lanes of traffic on a busy road. I finally had my chance and started going when I noticed this preppy-looking bitchboi walking on the sidewalk towards the entrance to the lot. I had to keep going cuz there was a big SUV and tractor trailer in the oncoming lane, and I was already committed to the maneuver. There was no crosswalk across the entrance and I didn't notice he had his phone out yet but I was thinking to myself "surely he won't just walk right across the entrance without looking around and noticing me first." Idk why I though that at the time, but obviously it was a big mistake... he kept walking right on across the entrance, no fucks given, eyes looking down at his phone. I slowed down as much as possible and then floored it right before the oncoming vehicles got too close. Even then I had to swerve a little to maneuver around him, my leftside mirror coming within maybe a foot (~0.3m for your euros) of his backside. Not once did he look up and turn around or act at all surprised. Not once did he acknowledge my cars' existence, or any other vehicles'. This is what society has come to... I can only hope Darwin's theories are proven true with regards to people like him. 

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2016, 05:05:20 pm »
I cycle to work and the same thing pisses me off. People on phones crossing the road not paying attention and they assume there's nothing coming because they can't hear an engine but don't bother looking.

If only there were more silent electric cars around.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2016, 09:02:44 pm »
+1
I cycle to work and the same thing pisses me off. People on phones crossing the road not paying attention and they assume there's nothing coming because they can't hear an engine but don't bother looking.

If only there were more silent electric cars around.

I hate cyclists, they always make the least effort to go around me and just barely avoid me with a couple of cm. Motherfuckers theres an entire sidewalk of space, just slide over a meter or two.

Ive had no experiences with people being unaware cause of their phones yet though, but its bound to happen sooner or later. Although pretty much everyone is either looking at their phone, or listening to music. Everyone shuts themselves out of the rest of the world when going outside, so theres a lot to pay attention to in order to not hit one.

This is now a venting thread.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1247
  • Infamy: 1223
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2016, 11:46:56 pm »
I hate cyclists, they always make the least effort to go around me and just barely avoid me with a couple of cm. Motherfuckers theres an entire sidewalk of space, just slide over a meter or two.

I tend to walk while listening to music but i usually look around. However cyclists are an issue, they are mostly douche bags tbh. Almost got knocked off by some stupid kid today. Sidewalk is like half a meter with lampposts every five meters making it even narrower. It ain't meant to be used for bikes, people can barely fit (some whale couldn't). Kid just passed me by like half an inch or so, coming from behind. Next cyclist was using road, like he should. Cyclist truly believe that sidewalk is their territory.

Before you say how I should listen to my surroundings and get buds out of my ears, let me remind you that chances of collision with normal pedestrians are almost zero (unless they are running like wild animals but that's another story). While with cyclists chance that something bad will happen is pretty damn high.

But they aren't the worst participants in traffic. That cake goes to taxi drivers. I hate their kind.

Everyone shuts themselves out of the rest of the world when going outside, so theres a lot to pay attention to in order to not hit one.

I listen to music when outside alone (with friends it is different story) for two reasons: first being, music makes me relaxed and everything is easier to do while listening to music. Although I love nature sounds, but cars and rest of man made noise is not my cup of tea. Second reason is due to man made noise, specifically people or lets say old nannies who like to shout and non stop chat with someone about stupidest shit possible and I'm not the kind who can ignore it easily. Can hear people talking clearly from 20 meter distance from me and it is really hard to let it go and focus on something else. Earbuds are god given to my kind.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 11:57:27 pm by Leshma »

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2016, 12:38:30 am »
+1
They are coming for you
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2016, 12:26:38 pm »

This is now a venting thread.

I'm talking about cycling on the roads. I never cycle on pavements. Seeing as you're not supposed to anyhow.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2016, 09:08:28 pm »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 150
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2016, 11:18:48 pm »
I'm talking about cycling on the roads. I never cycle on pavements. Seeing as you're not supposed to anyhow.

Major European cities are awesome for cycling because tracks for cyclists are nearly everywhere. Pedestrians have their, quite generous sidewalk and cyclists have their own space. Unfortunately, in ex-commie cities there is no such thing and sidewalk isn't available for walking in many parts of town because car owners (due to lack of underground parking space) treat it as parking space. This is so widespread that police are afraid to start writing tickets outside downtown area. They would have to tow thousands of vehicles every hour and there would be many conflicting situations. However, I would totally do it and place half of citizens in custody if necessary. Until they learn how to behave.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2016, 02:49:11 pm »
+2
Y'all niggas😂😂💯 out here🌎🌍🌏 chasin POKEMON🏃🏃🏃 when yall SHOULD 🅱E🤔🤔🤔 chasin CHECKS👌😂😂💵💵💸💰 cuz yall fuckin BROKEMON🔥🔥🔥🔥🤔🤔🤔🤔👌😂👍

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2016, 12:44:01 pm »
+3

Offline [ptx]