Author Topic: Pokemon Go  (Read 12694 times)

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Pokemon Go
« on: July 17, 2016, 07:56:01 pm »
+4
So having taken my first pokewalk today, observations:

2/3 of the time when you catch a pokemon, the game freezes and you get nothing. Given that you need to catch like a gazillion to progress in the game due to the leveling system, this is a bit of a problem.

After this happens and you restart the game, more than half the time you then need to keep retrying ~5min to get past login errors.

1/3 of pokestops work as intended, 1/3 of the time you need to try them 5+ times before they work, 1/3 of the time they don't work at all.

The tracking system for "nearby" pokemon is useless, broken garbage.

Gyms are all going to be held forever by turbonerds who have absurdly high-level pokemon that you can never beat.

So yeah, all in all there is some room for improvement. :|
Don't.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Go
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 08:53:46 pm »
Same for me. Give it a week or two till it's all stable.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 09:54:57 pm »
+1
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 11:29:13 pm »
Shit game, some seriously flawed game mecanics

You gotta catch a high level pokemon? Really? Makes no sense

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 06:05:57 am »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 07:20:43 am »
+4
The point of this game isn't even the game. This shit is crazy on a cultural level and also microtransactions are projected to be something like $57 billion dollars globally by the end of the year. People from diverse walks of life are interacting and finding commonalities that weren't perceived before. People are getting out- it's crazy. From Michigan to Minnesota over the past week I've seen throngs of people travelling and talking on the streets. My walk to work used to be just me, no other pedestrians most days, now everyone is out, more active, having fun, and interacting more socially, even if it's over something trivial. The implications this has for the medium is game changing in a lot of ways, and a smart government would do well to take notes.

"We find that whole communities suddenly fix their minds upon one object and go mad in its pursuit; that millions of people become simultaneously impressed with one new delusion and run after it, till their attention is caught by some new folly more captivating than the first.

…Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."

- Charles Mackay (from his book ... "Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds", 1852)
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 11:25:43 am »
+1
Yeah down here where I live I've seen large groups of people walking around staring a their phones obviously playing it. Weekdays and weekends. I'm not all that fussed about it. I'd rather play the old games on an emulator. It also sucks if you are in the countryside miles away from a Gym, even my nearest one in a city is 20 mins walk away. But still, it's very interesting as a social phenomenon.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 11:34:21 am »
+2

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2065
  • Infamy: 2948
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 04:09:28 pm »
+1
This game is Ingress with Pokemon skin. Only reason why it is so damn popular is Pokemon franchise. Imagine if they replace Pokemon hunt with Jedi battles? It is not groundbreaking it is not new, it is result of modern culture and tendency of large groups of people to worship same shit majority already does. You can even call it replacement for religious influence in lives of everyday people. We replaced Christianity with Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Pokemon and Marvel heroes.

What kind of toy you gonna buy for your baby boy? Most likely some Minion shit. For baby girl? Frozen... this is happening all around us, Overwatch is another example. It ain't that good, it is just too damn popular so you perceive it being better than it actually is. CS:GO too. Pretty much every popular video games is overhyped.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2016, 04:25:45 pm »
i still think it's an alien conspiracy to get most of the nerds out of home and finally kidnapping them  to study their mind inserting some type of anal probe in them.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2016, 05:48:19 pm »
+1
I hope the game keeps on going strong, its really a great thing to see what its creating. Except for the rare cases where people get robbed and whatnot.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2016, 07:08:22 pm »
+1
Absolutely love this new Pokemon game, it's revolutionary, I can't believe how many people are swarming the streets, cycle tracks, parks, fields and woods. It's never been so easy to make a living catching and mugging easy targets, I've lost count of the amount of money, new wallets and phones I have obtained over the past week, gotta catch em all bro.

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2016, 07:25:46 pm »
+3
Those guys should just go around in Team Rocket outfit and pretend it's RP

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2160
  • Infamy: 1095
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2016, 07:51:31 pm »
+1
Outdoors things gonna happen to people when they go outdoors.

Well, I go for a long walks every day and don't get robbed, mugged or anything of that sort. This is going to make my life harder because I don't play it and thus, do not know locations of gyms or stuff like that. All I know, when I see bunch of people in one spot, turn around and choose another path. It is not yet supported in here, but people already found a way to circumvent that little issue...

It is really sad that people need an excuse to get outside on a sunny day. Not to mention real life pokemons, little children, who require a lot of effort to catch and keep. Besides, they are much more interesting and less predictable than silly mobile game. I do understand kids who play this, but adults...

Edit: Second paragraph makes me sound like some kind of pedo :lol: when I mentioned kids, I meant our own children. Not children of other people lol

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2016, 08:43:32 pm »
I don't see a problem.

Gamers get flamed they don't go outside, gamers also get flamed when they go outside.