Author Topic: Pokemon Go  (Read 12699 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 910
  • Infamy: 2781
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Go
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2016, 03:02:18 pm »
+1
Pay2win stuff is only frown upon in hardcore gaming community consisting of obese, know-it-all (thanks to Google and Wikipedia) neckbeards. They are not even main audience for those games. If it was up to them, companies like Supercell wouldn't be sold around for nine billion dollars nor will make billion dollar annual profit.

I'm talking about regular sheeple in here, not your fatso redditor who won't even bother leaving house to hunt pokemons when he can cheat the system with bluestacks/xposed and collect pokemons from his oversized couch.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2016, 03:20:33 pm »
Even casuls frown upon badly veiled, hardly worth pay2win stuff.
Some pay2win games are commercial success but they are those who balance the negative impact of pay2win with solid gameplay.
And by pay2win I meant basically every accessory stuff beside main game (includes DLC, skins, etc..).

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2036
  • Infamy: 2731
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2016, 04:26:43 pm »
+2
Few frown upon but they still play. Game too good, addiction too strong, reasoning gets tossed out of the window... rest aren't smart enough to see it is just carrot and stick instead of well made game.

From what I've read, companies like coffee shops, fast food restaurants are already using Pokemon GO to 'lure' customers. They buy lure modules meant for regular gamers but I hear that Niantic is working on premium modules, for commercial use. As I said, this is just beginning. In next two years there will be flood of similar games, every major franchise will have one. Instead of running around, people will go to commercial venues to 'play' the game.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2016, 06:12:35 pm »
+4
Pay2win stuff is only frown upon in hardcore gaming community consisting of obese, know-it-all (thanks to Google and Wikipedia) neckbeards.

But you said you're thin :wink:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2016, 10:27:26 am »
https://pokeadvisor.com/

you can check your pokemon's IV's easily with this tool to know which ones are to be deleted :)
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2016, 03:06:44 pm »
2/3 of the time when you catch a pokemon, the game freezes and you get nothing. Given that you need to catch like a gazillion to progress in the game due to the leveling system, this is a bit of a problem.

After this happens and you restart the game, more than half the time you then need to keep retrying ~5min to get past login errors.

1/3 of pokestops work as intended, 1/3 of the time you need to try them 5+ times before they work, 1/3 of the time they don't work at all.

Get a better phone.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2016, 03:21:35 pm »
Some pay2win games are commercial success but they are those who balance the negative impact of pay2win with solid gameplay.

Hardly. Pretty much all social/mobile games that make any money at all are the worst kind of pay2win garbage, and yet remain hugely popular. I asked or overheard these people in their 40s that never really played anything before candy crush and they either are completely clueless or simply don't care.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2016, 08:11:51 pm »
I asked or overheard these people in their 40s that never really played anything before candy crush and they either are completely clueless or simply don't care.

Or they have different taste and doesnt care about you?  :P

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2016, 01:16:26 pm »
Just got 100% Perfection Eevee, 2816CP Vaporeon here I comeh...
(click to show/hide)
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2016, 04:50:37 pm »
Or they have different taste and doesnt care about you?  :P

Don't care about me depends on the person. What I mean is that they don't care about playing bad games. Taste is an empty word if you know only a handful of games.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2016, 11:18:25 am »