Author Topic: I ask you Europeans !  (Read 21832 times)

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
Re: I ask you Europeans !
« Reply #150 on: November 24, 2015, 12:44:25 pm »
+2
But it RUINED their culture lol

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 24, 2015, 01:00:54 pm »
My whole post was an answer to your question 'what is Western culture to you', not some behavioral dogma.

But we were talking about the cultural incompabilities of having immigrants, not the definition of culture per say.

If you want to talk about western culture, like Heskeytime here, I believe that cultures arent fossiles, they evolve, and they evolve whether you accept immigrants or not. 50 years from now we will be something else, even if we completely close the borders. 99% of the immigrants problems are ghettos. Except if you believe in the cultural replacement, not much will change whether you accept immigrants or not.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 01:07:08 pm by Butan »

Offline ecorcheur_brokar

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • The guy who kill with one blow
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brokar/SuisseMonCervela/CheeseInMyPants
« Reply #152 on: November 24, 2015, 02:16:26 pm »
+2
Oh meh, you didn't understand it, did you? Thats not how it works. Either you are 100% pro muslim mass immigration, or you are a racist. There is no in between.

And seriously, that's how it is for masses and masses of Germans on facebook and other social media. The instant you say something critical about the whole refugee issue, you're called racist, facist or chocolate chip cookie by a dozen of uber-far-left extremists. Sad times.
It's impossible to have a normal discussion about this, because if you aren't pro, you're a chocolate chip cookie and ofc wrong. Also you are responsible for 6 million dead jews and WWII.
Yeah funny and the opposite is true too. If you think Islam can blend with Western culture you're a " self-flagellating bundle of sticks" willing to get raped by muslims and willing to replace Europe population.
"With great bardiche comes great responsability"
"The wolf doesn't care how many sheeps may be"

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 24, 2015, 02:24:15 pm »
Yeah funny and the opposite is true too. If you think Islam can blend with Western culture you're a " self-flagellating bundle of sticks" willing to get raped by muslims and willing to replace Europe population.
Because it can't, by definition.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Macbeth3

• Earl
  • Renown: 379
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Meow? :3
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macbeth_Plisskin_TheCat Mordecai_Heller_TheCat
« Reply #154 on: November 25, 2015, 12:39:08 pm »
+1
*Meow* I'm a Cat.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 25, 2015, 08:22:20 pm »
Blues has black origins. Many Americans enjoy blues. Furthermore, it evolved into rock and roll and is now absolutely everywhere and influenced just about every genre after it and is enjoyed by non-blacks as well which is the central point.

The most trademarkedly American music comes from blacks, culturally.

Not really a racist thing to say.

How did we get to this discussion? See heskey, this always happens when you overdo you god damn sarcasm. :D Wtf does any of this have to do with anything I claimed? None of it....I dont even...Whatever I give up.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 25, 2015, 08:41:19 pm »
If so, how will that ever happen if we keep to ourselves or encourage peoples we consider to be 'backwards' in that regard to stay in isolated countries without such values?

Time and natural selection. Also the only country on Earth sufficiently isolated to remain stable on that regard is North Korea. Middle Eastern countries are nowhere near that.

It's just sulking but on a large scale, the mean people in charge didnt stop the migrants and now you have to share all your toys with them.

I already have to share my toys with Belgians, a large majority of which are profiting more from the system than I do. However, unlike Sunni immigrants most Belgians do have humanist values, and that's something.

This is the issue I have with regards to what I understand to be Oberyn's position. Why should I care about my fellow countrymen that much? Realistically, nobody I care about is a potential victim of mass immigration, and that's just the truth. I can understand his logic from a white trash populist point of view, but it doesn't really work otherwise.

Thoughts and inventions are products of culture.

I had my suspicions but I didn't think you were one of those people.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 25, 2015, 09:00:23 pm »
Because it can't, by definition.

And what definition is that?

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 25, 2015, 10:26:04 pm »
I had my suspicions but I didn't think you were one of those people.
No idea what you're talking about. I'm talking about the definition of the word> http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/culture

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 26, 2015, 09:03:28 am »
No idea what you're talking about. I'm talking about the definition of the word> http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/culture

Inventions have largely been a product of economic development and work specialization for the last 10.000 years. Innovation doesn't happen in regions where nobody is dedicated to it.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 26, 2015, 09:31:28 am »

All of the things said there have sources. :)
www.thereligionofpeace.com

Y'know, the official website that defines exactly what criteria you need to meet if you want to consider yourself a 'real' muslim.
Yeah, it's known as believing in Allah and doing what he says in the Quran...
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 26, 2015, 04:09:19 pm »
Inventions have largely been a product of economic development and work specialization for the last 10.000 years. Innovation doesn't happen in regions where nobody is dedicated to it.
I don't disagree. I meant that culture nurtures certain paradigmes of thought, leading to certain inventions, often in a reciprocal relationship. It's no surprise that the scientific revolution didn't happen when Europe was still in the grip of religious fanaticism, for example.

What did you mean by 'those people'?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 26, 2015, 04:41:46 pm »
Exactly as he says in the Quran,

The same way that any Christian or Jew that ever eats shellfish is not a 'real' Christian or Jew because they don't obey God's word all the time. And as atheists we can confidently categorize what constitutes a 'real' Muslim, Christian or Jew. Not that anyone in world cares, including the people who consider themselves to be followers of those religions when *we* know they aren't.
Yes, and? What's your point?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.