Author Topic: MASS EFFECT™ Official Video – N7 Day 2015  (Read 7037 times)

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
Re: MASS EFFECT™ Official Video – N7 Day 2015
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2016, 07:09:20 pm »
I will never forgive them for (warning actual spoiler)
(click to show/hide)

nevertheless, ME2 was an awesome game, loved that part the most

(click to show/hide)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2016, 09:00:04 pm »
This should be no ordinary Mass Effect, TPS shooter lite cRPG with multiple choices kind of single player game. Should be SWTOR on steroids.
Must you get burned again, Leshma-chan?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2016, 08:38:13 pm »
+1
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2016, 03:45:32 pm »

Ugly Asari though. Not sure how I feel about this possible new threat ''Remnants'' or whatever they're called.

Wonder how long after ME3 this game takes place.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1017
  • Infamy: 942
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2017, 04:40:10 pm »
Gamespot slapped 6/10 on it. Must be a good game then.

Actually I think it is truly decent video game, in same way Dragon Age Inquisition is. Curse me and my heightened expectations from modern video games that stop me from enjoying decently crafted digital experiences.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 05:29:57 pm »
+1
This game is a meme

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2017, 06:31:53 pm »
I heard good things from those who played the early release last night.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2017, 07:04:59 pm »
Some of the interactions are so bad that they had me laughing hysterically. Might be fun to play kind of in the same way some horrible movies can actually be entertaining.

Might be the game equivalent of The Room.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2017, 08:51:19 pm »
+1

[–]vivere_aut_mori 3 points 6 minutes ago
Got to play the trial for a few hours, because the reviews made me curious as to just how bad it could be.
I'll be blunt: I don't like it. I don't like it at all. Mass Effect was like a mid-level of braininess sci-fi series that you got to actually shape yourself. It was full of the usual sci-fi cliches (the alien women just mysteriously happen to be bipedal humanoids with voluptuous bosoms, wide hips, and plump glutes), but at the same time, it broke just about every trend in gaming at the time. It gave you options. Sometimes, you just couldn't win. It had weight to it in a way that almost no other game had before -- or since.
ME:A feels like the bad guy in the first Men in Black movie. You know, the cockroach thing that eats the dude and stuffs himself in the skin, hobbling around and doing a shitty job at impersonating a human? That's what this feels like. There is none of the weight behind this game that there was in the original Mass Effect. I didn't have the same sense of discovery, of nagging curiosity at just why all these ancient civilizations crumbled, at what it would be like to actually meet aliens and be a part of this society where you're the bottom man on the totem pole. I didn't find novel game concepts.
I found myself bored.
It's "inquisition and far cry had a baby, who then had a baby with just cause, who then had an incestuous child with mass effect 3's half-brother." It just feels...hollow. Fetch quest after fetch quest, eye-rollingly simple, tired, and sophomoric dialogue that holds your hand like you're 5 and incapable of understanding context whatsoever, and yes, the animation. Sorry, but Mass Effect 1 had animation that made those characters feel real. In hindsight, it doesn't hold up, but at the time? At the time, ME1 had some of the best damn graphics we had seen. It's what helped you think of those batches of polygons and lines of 1s and 0s as people that you cared about. As much as I despise the modern gaming industry's love affair with graphics, animation is always important. I don't care if the world is not photo-realistic. I just want the people to resemble human beings. I also want the script to resemble human interaction, and it just doesn't. Not at all.
The combat is good, I guess, but if I want run-n-gun acrobatics, I'd go play Titanfall or CoD. The enemies are too bulletspongey, the many of the powers feel way too similar, and the enemies feel so cliche. I felt like I was playing Star Trek: Into Darkness instead of Mass Effect.
My take is the same as it was this morning when reviews broke: wait until it goes on sale in 4-6 months. It needs serious patching anyways to fix the braindead AI and, hopefully, fix some of the facial animation. The voice acting, though, is set in stone. That's where it really falls through. You can almost hear the sound producer say "cut" in between the lines of dialogue. It's sanitary, devoid of that conversational tone you felt when hearing Joker and Garrus trade jokes, or the two engineers talking shop down in the engine bay. You can hear the individual lines, and it's...it's bad. Skyrim mods like Helgen Reborn and Falskaar have better (or equivalent) voice acting, and that's done by total amateurs who recorded in their basements. This is a bargain-bin game for people who found the mass effect series to get worse as it went on due to the loss of RPG elements and the hyper-focus on "action elements." It's a cookie-cutter open world game that is 10 miles wide, but an inch deep, and it really bums me out.
I was hoping that all the anti-hype was clickbait.
It wasn't.

Sounds about right
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2017, 12:54:41 am »
+2

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2017, 12:57:43 am »
+1
I almost want to play the trash on the basis of laughing at shitty animations alone. Ive never played any of the ME games, and i probably never will, but this is the first time i kind of want to try it out but probably through pirating if so.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2017, 01:11:49 am »
come on guys

real people are ugly too, so all video game characters should look cringeworthy and have terrible animations and lip-syncing, it's more realistic

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2017, 01:23:12 am »
come on guys

real people are ugly too, so all video game characters should look cringeworthy and have terrible animations and lip-syncing, it's more realistic

Real people dont have unrealistic animations though, uncanny valley'ish feel from these ones. Just like in the latest star wars movie with the animated character.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 01:28:58 am by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2017, 01:36:40 am »
Real people dont have unrealistic animations though

some do, like the animation when i flex my muscles

(click to show/hide)

Offline banned123

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2017, 02:29:37 am »
Andromeda is a good game if you take it independently of the Mass Effect series, as an extension of them it seems worse than 2/3 so far in most ways, but i've only played the 10hour trial so who knows it might improve the parts that seem like a step backwards (The combat is nicer though). The criticism of animations and etc is hugely pedantic from people looking for an excuse to be angry, bioware games (and most rpg games for that matter) often have buggy/bad animations.. they don't interfere with enjoyment unless you're unrealistically picky about things.