Author Topic: Mr Robot (Best series ever alongside Breaking Bad & Sopranos)  (Read 5425 times)

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
Mr Robot (Best series ever alongside Breaking Bad & Sopranos)
« on: September 16, 2015, 09:03:11 pm »
+1
This series have been going for some months and a 2nd season has been confirmed. Really awesome so far. Definitely recommend you watching this. Tech based (hacking/computers/social media) series with lots of mindfuck and some intense moments. Plus good character development.

And yes I'm aware some hipster, pessimist phaggots will dislike the series for whatever dumb made up reason but it's really great. Trust me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Re: Mr Robot (Best series ever alongside Breaking Bad & Sopranos)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 09:21:18 pm »
+1
I really liked the 1st few episodes but I couldn't make even halfway through the 4th episode. I stopped watching after that. For me best series so far is Gotham, the 2nd season started great.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 09:34:57 pm »
I really liked the 1st few episodes but I couldn't make even halfway through the 4th episode. I stopped watching after that. For me best series so far is Gotham, the 2nd season started great.

Yeah the mindfuck can really be crazy but it keeps getting better imo. Trust me. And Gotham is good but, Mr Robot is on another level.

Hell. When I first played Deus Ex (1) the first level and around there, it really bored me and I thought it was a shitty game but after giving it another try it became my favorite game of all time.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1282
  • Infamy: 83
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 12:11:55 am »
+1
It is shit!

Epic pilot, then couple of awful episodes that will make you stop watching the show. Fifth takes the pace a bit but until end of S01 show is in shambles.

(click to show/hide)

Edit: They really shouldn't make the mistake developing the story in a direction that is so painfully obvious in first few minutes of pilot. It is like seeing and acknowledging the wall in front of you and yet deciding to keep going forward full speed.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 12:15:56 am by Leshma »

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 01:36:46 am »
It is shit!

Epic pilot, then couple of awful episodes that will make you stop watching the show. Fifth takes the pace a bit but until end of S01 show is in shambles.

(click to show/hide)

Edit: They really shouldn't make the mistake developing the story in a direction that is so painfully obvious in first few minutes of pilot. It is like seeing and acknowledging the wall in front of you and yet deciding to keep going forward full speed.

(click to show/hide)

And it's not really obvious. It was filled with twists and mindfucks. Plus it slowed down a bit I admit but it was to develop characters even more plus to show how fucked up Elliot's head is.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 06:27:41 am »
It is okaish. Definately not one of the best series, but I kinda liked it. And I dont really understand the "mindfuck" here. Is your mind really that simple to fuck with? Everything this series did has been done before. Elliots disorder use in the plotline was shocking like 15 years ago. And the best characters are so over the top batshit insane its almost like Looney Toons, thats why its entertaining, but the shocking mindfuck value just goes out the door, because you already know these characters will do insane shit so you expect everything.

The reason why Breaking Bad kicked ass was because Walter was a completely believable, relatable badass, who played a believably dangerous game with high stakes, where he mainly always came out on top, simply by sheer luck and steel balls. And it was really gripping. Not to mention the shows directors sure knew how to create a setting. Mr. Robot feels nothing like that. Elliot is not relatable nor believable. Mybe some turd in his moms basement who has a linux thinks he's relatable. But mostly nobody does.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 06:44:14 am by Tibe »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 07:49:30 am »
Walter was believable? And a badass?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 09:14:21 am »
+1
Well, yeah.

Some of his genius moments were a bit unlogical, granted. But considering a lot of stuff, him even making that far was pure luck. And it felt like luck to me. His story was a combination of pure believable coincidences.

Yes, he was a badass. Walter was not a rambo. He was a common man, who never probably even seen a gun in his life. People in real life are not brave, especially the ones who arent some ex-military veteran types. Even you, my friend are probably a lot more of a coward in an actual life or death scenario than you'd probably think.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2015, 09:31:28 am »
Well, yeah.

Some of his genius moments were a bit unlogical, granted. But considering a lot of stuff, him even making that far was pure luck. And it felt like luck to me. His story was a combination of pure believable coincidences.
He was unbelievably dumb for the level of intelligence the show wanted us to believe he had.

Yes, he was a badass. Walter was not a rambo. He was a common man, who never probably even seen a gun in his life. People in real life are not brave, especially the ones who arent some ex-military veteran types. Even you, my friend are probably a lot more of a coward in an actual life or death scenario than you'd probably think.
Well, quite, he wasn't a badass, he was a common man. That isn't a failing of the show. And I've been in more "life or death" scenarios than I can easily count.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2015, 09:43:23 am »
Potato potato.

And everybody can claim to be a specops warveteran in the internet. :lol: I dont really know you irl, so by default, I just dont believe you. And in this case near death accidents dont count. Because those are not the situations where you have to make a decision under heavy pressure.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2015, 10:15:04 am »
You missed the salient point.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2015, 10:32:04 am »
It is okaish. Definately not one of the best series, but I kinda liked it. And I dont really understand the "mindfuck" here. Is your mind really that simple to fuck with? Everything this series did has been done before. Elliots disorder use in the plotline was shocking like 15 years ago. And the best characters are so over the top batshit insane its almost like Looney Toons, thats why its entertaining, but the shocking mindfuck value just goes out the door, because you already know these characters will do insane shit so you expect everything.

It's not so much about what he will do as it is more of a question of ''What is real and what is not?'' in the Mr Robot world. And if you really watched it you'd know he has been on prescription medicine for a long while as well as been a regular morphine user too. Add in some tragedies in his life or a certain moment in the past and it might fry his brain. And only 2 characters are batshit insane. And that's Tyrell + Elliot.

(click to show/hide)
And no series have dealt with hacktivism added with a main character's drug addiction and hallucinations.plus him trying to destroy society and overthrow the world elite.

Like Anonymous on steroids. And no, it's not even that similar to Fight Club.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2015, 11:40:26 am »
Dat thread title...

Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2015, 02:15:56 pm »
+1
I have seen all of season 1.

Was superpsyched ep 1 & 2. Ignoring the "minor" hollywood techical mumbojumbo. Like ip 543.449.444.871 and unrealtistic scenarios.
Nice theme , Anonymous meets Tyler Durden.

Got somewhat disappointed as it moved on. I feel like they baited me into this series with this great start, only to follow up with mediocre. Will watch season 2 i guess.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1475
  • Infamy: 1322
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2015, 02:22:54 pm »
Elliot is not relatable nor believable. Mybe some turd in his moms basement who has a linux thinks he's relatable. But mostly nobody does.

Can name two kinds of people. First are obviously junkies, because Elliot is one. Second are people who really feel like Elliot, are angsty at the social organization we are living in.

Linux part is put there so that majority of fucktards who use Windows crap believe that he is doing some real hacking and not just executing random terminal commands.

Scene where he debates with Tyler about Gnome and KDE is grade A cringe worthy.