Author Topic: Mafia 3 (BlackPowerEdition) (SmokeWeedEdition) (HipHopEdition) (DrakeEdition)  (Read 3223 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2737
  • Infamy: 2450
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
I would like to play political genre story driven TPS where main protagonist would be Patrice Lumumba, mainly because of awesome discussion such game would spark with our friend Kafein and his compatriots.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
You were 9 years old when that game came out. If you played it when it was few years old game, I can understand your view. Just like I can understand Berenger.

I was already in high school and previously seen Godfather series and Goodfellas and played Grand Theft Auto, Grand Theft Auto 2 and Grand Theft Auto 3. I was blown away with Mafia and liked every part of it.

You punks weren't ready for it, that's all.

Or you and Berenger are actually full of shit and never played Mafia but heard it is legendary game, then played Mafia II and share this opinion:

Makes perfect sense now.

No i didn't play it on release, I do have the disk still lying around and played it only a few years ago.  I'm sure it was very cutting edge when it released but I honestly don't give a shit, comparing the two games without any prior considerations (which is what happened when I played them) I enjoyed 2 more for gameplay and mechanics and lost heaven for characters.  Shock horror leshma but your personal experience and opinion ain't gospel, shit it's like people have their own tastes and preferences so get off your high horse.
Turtles

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
I would like to play political genre story driven TPS where main protagonist would be Patrice Lumumba, mainly because of awesome discussion such game would spark with our friend Kafein and his compatriots.

I've actually played it tho. Mafia 2, Godfather 1 and kinda GTA 3 (if you wanna count it as a Mafia game) are the best Mafia centered games however. Liberty City Stories wasn't that bad either.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+2
I'm not looking forward to do this at all. A game called MAFIA should be about italian mafia or Sicilian mafia.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
+1

That would be epic.

I'm afraid we're going to have to wait for real games to be made in Africa first, and that's not happening for another 30 years at the very least.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2161
  • Infamy: 2611
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Them animals, too busy fighting each other to start making video games. Boudewijn told them, do not forget that we are who made your life better. Before we came to your land, you were just savage brutes. They didn't listen...

Believe it or not, but there are economies in Africa that are big enough to stop worrying about basic stuff and actually encourage some people to start making video games. Such as economies of Nigeria and Kenya. They do not develop for desktop yet, but there are African mobile games with African themes for African man.

Notice I didn't mention South Africa, too many occupants still living down there to consider it true African country.

Belgians and Dutch have an edge compared to British. While British didn't (manage to) kill their adversary, Dutch kept their in prison for half a century and finally you beautiful people not only killed your state enemy number one, but also dissolved his corpse in sulfuric acid, symbolically erasing his existence. Very efficient.

What could be of glorious Leopoldville today, if one savage were stopped before he raised his voice. Opportunity wasted.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
They do not develop for desktop yet, but there are African mobile games with African themes for African man.

banana farming simulator

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2254
  • Infamy: 2672
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
+1
Believe it or not, but there are economies in Africa that are big enough to stop worrying about basic stuff and actually encourage some people to start making video games. Such as economies of Nigeria and Kenya. They do not develop for desktop yet, but there are African mobile games with African themes for African man.

Precisely. That takes time.

Belgians and Dutch have an edge compared to British. While British didn't (manage to) kill their adversary, Dutch kept their in prison for half a century and finally you beautiful people not only killed your state enemy number one, but also dissolved his corpse in sulfuric acid, symbolically erasing his existence. Very efficient.

Belgium has the record for worst African colonial atrocities, up there with Germany's little experiments in East Africa and France's careful handling of ground to air missiles much later. This glorious heritage still exists, my grandparents inherited a couple of ivory statues from one of my ancestors who was tax collector in Congo back then. Sounds like a very nice person.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
For anyone interested, I can recommend Adam Hochshild's 'King Leopold's Ghost: A Story of Greed, Terror and Heroism in Colonial Africa' (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/347610.King_Leopold_s_Ghost), it's probably the best book on Belgian Congo.

Fast forward to current affairs; the US is actually heavily involved in the Congo as we speak.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2002
  • Infamy: 2044
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
USA has been involved in Congo ever since Lumumba's execution. I don't blame Belgium, every nation has skeletons in the closet. Only thing that irks me about Belgium and western Europe in general is hypocrisy. Holding to some higher standard, claiming being more humane than other countries makes no sense when every glorious monument you come across has a story of spilled blood and oppression behind it.

Also mass media is at fault. For example, today almost every person on this planet sees Idi Amin as being Satan during his reign. While that isn't far away from truth, his predecessor who is also his successor has committed same if not worse crimes against humanity (was in power for longer period). Congolese military general who is responsible for Lumumba's death, who later became absolute ruler and dictator of Zaire (he even changed the name of his country) was the same. But people have seen that movie with Whitaker and therefore have heard only of Idi Amin.

Central African dictators have something in common. They had support from western world (United States) due to them taking anti communist state. Just shows how fucked up of a country USA truly is, in the past all you had to do is to say you hate commies and you'll be allowed to the whatever the fuck you want to your own countrymen in name of "freedom"...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 06:12:34 pm by Leshma »

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
How a Mafia 3 thread turned into a thread about Congo and racist Eurotrash colonists of the past.....lel
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
USA has been involved in Congo ever since Lumumba's execution. I don't blame Belgium, every nation has skeletons in the closet. Only thing that irks me about Belgium and western Europe in general is hypocrisy. Holding to some higher standard, claiming being more humane than other countries makes no sense when every glorious monument you come across has a story of spilled blood and oppression behind it.

I don't think that's true to be honest, except when it hits way too close to home (can't help but to mention France's nuclear testing program). We take a honest look at 19th/early 20th century history, even on cable news. Try that in Turkey. And it stays true that Western European countries rank among the first when it comes to human rights today (again, Turkey lol).

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1777
  • Infamy: 2512
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
How a Mafia 3 thread turned into a thread about Congo and racist Eurotrash colonists of the past.....lel

Blame Take2 and their choice to create mixed race protagonist for new Mafia game. If they stayed with Tony, Vinnie or Frankie we wouldn't have this discussion.