Author Topic: Dark Souls 3  (Read 87565 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: Dark Souls 3
« Reply #870 on: May 26, 2017, 07:54:39 am »
As for the finishing moves, I remember seeing an option in the menu for it.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
Re: Dark Souls 3
« Reply #871 on: January 11, 2018, 09:18:48 pm »
I know this is sort of a necro but during the winter sale I picked up Dark Souls 3 and put around 109 hrs into the first two weeks. PvE was decent, but man did they give you a lot of baby step bonefires, every zone has too many bonefires and they all have a bonefire less than a minutes sprint from the boss door, either via placement or having a shortcut unlock, which also means using an ember to summon phantoms for boss is way less risky as you can flip off the invader by just walking into the boss encounter instantly. Which brings me to my next point, invasions have never been as boring as in Dark Souls 3, little to no way to punish flag chuggers outside of projectiles, even if you stay on them(backstabs to punish are useless due to animation and the fact that you can turn your character around while healing) the flask heals their hp way too quick, not to mention invaders also can heal via flask instead of limiting it to spells or (humanity - r.i.p actually risk - reward system for invaders), some people whine about the prioritization for finding host worlds with summons but personally I enjoy being outnumbered as an invader. I've had to create at least two invade characters due to the matchmaking system based on your weapon upgrades - really? Anyway, on to duels and regular PvP, never have I been this bored of Souls PvP and shudder to say that Dark Souls 2 PvP was more fun, this one also make the same mistakes as 2 did with almost every weapon in the same class having the same animations etc. and less than a handful of each weapon class is useful, I thought after 2 having very limited in animation variety etc. that this one would improve and take some of the good stuff from Dark Souls where every weapon from any weapon class can be useful because of unique animations etc, sacrificing less damage for a more unusual and helpful PvP animation. Also back to the mandatory get hit once you get a followup from Dark Souls 2, no matter your poise - which is almost as non existent as it was in 2 where there were non, full Havel I get staggered by a tiny dagger.

Could you say Dark Souls 3 is P2W? +3 versions of the best rings in the game can only be found in the last DLC, +2 versions you gotta get through ng++ but hey just get them from the DLC : ), and a lot(if not all except a few) of the weapons with the highest damage comes from there. Dark Souls 2 burned me really good that I held off on buying 3 for this long and sadly the PvP there was more enjoyable to some extent, now with Dark Souls remastered announced it's finally time to let the inferior games die in the trash. Dark Souls 1 still the best and most fun, also fuck dex scrubs.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login