Author Topic: Dark Souls 3  (Read 87648 times)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: Dark Souls 3
« Reply #495 on: April 16, 2016, 10:27:48 pm »
Ah, so there is decrepit face, but only after the tutorial?

I started as deprived and realized I've not taken off my helmet since I found one. I'm assuming I'm halfway to the end of the game now based only on the bonfire tabs but also feel no matter how thorough I am with searching an area I'm constantly missing things, and I know I am because I've seen things as phantoms in other people's worlds.

Can anyone give the vaguest hint on where:
(click to show/hide)

Also seems like I get some weird glitch or bug the very first time I open up the game for the day. Sound skipping like a scratched CD; getting wedged on a stalagmite, endlessly falling and then getting "You Died" when trying to quit the game; phantoms just sliding around like immobile action figures.
(click to show/hide)
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 16, 2016, 10:33:54 pm »
Ah, ok Vibe.
(click to show/hide)

I also must've walked by another path somewhere except I've no clue where it could be. Time to find some unexplored areas, hugging one wall only gets you so far when some of the areas are open and you get looped back around constantly.

I'm missing the small soap whitestone, every time I've tried to ally with someone they've separation crystalled me, once right at the fog gate.
And how!

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #497 on: April 16, 2016, 11:02:42 pm »
Where's the guy that gives you free levels? Is it the one on the bridge in Undead Settlement that homeward bone's away after you talk to him?

Also, had a pretty fun thing happen in the Cathedral.
(click to show/hide)
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 16, 2016, 11:40:57 pm »
Where's the guy that gives you free levels? Is it the one on the bridge in Undead Settlement that homeward bone's away after you talk to him?

(click to show/hide)

Game completed. Though I did miss an area (but looking at how you get there I'm not surprised):
(click to show/hide)

Difficulty definitely picks up mid game, with the last few bosses being merciless if you mess up.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 16, 2016, 11:52:35 pm »
BB was console only. BB doesn't count.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 17, 2016, 06:07:29 am »
Well, the pvp definitely is the most exciting one in the series. Try using the dried finger in the cat covenant equivalent area. Myself and a white phantom I accidentally summoned (which turned out serendipitous), fended off 4 invaders and nearby mobs, the 5th was a re-invasion that ended up in a drawn out 1v1 that he eventually came out ahead in.
And how!

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #501 on: April 17, 2016, 11:29:33 am »
Dark Souls 3: Breaking the Tank
http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/ltsquigs/blog/dark-souls-3-breaking-the-tank/113034/

"With Dark Souls 3 they seem to have reverted to the weight balancing/soul level range
of DS1 but keeping DS2s separate stat. As a result, like DS2 you have to really commit to
equip load if you want to wear heavy armor, but unlike Dark Souls 2 you have to greatly
sacrifice your other stats to do this, which really just makes it not worth it."

Offline marco1391

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Legio_Marco1691
« Reply #502 on: April 17, 2016, 12:33:24 pm »
Found out after 10 invasions (one or two vs stamina hackers) that my spears do jack shit vs players. Maybe lightning split damage is ass, or maybe just those spears are garbo vs other players. Will have to respecc or just find another good faith weapon.
faith seems to be kinda fucked in this game along with most builds that have either int, faith or a mix of both, I think the worst part is that most "holy" swords (like astora/lothric/sunlight sword)require faith to be used but don't naturally scale with faith whatsoever

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 17, 2016, 03:34:27 pm »
I never really pvped a lot in Dark Souls 1 but DkS3 is apparently an updated version of that engine. If that's the case I'm glad they fixed the lagstab and raising your equipment load raises your defense pretty noticeabley along with poise actually seeming to mean something this time around. I messed up my build a bit because I think I dumped too many points into strength too early and it would've better served me in either stamina or equip load.
And how!

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #504 on: April 17, 2016, 03:53:46 pm »
I never really pvped a lot in Dark Souls 1 but DkS3 is apparently an updated version of that engine. If that's the case I'm glad they fixed the lagstab and raising your equipment load raises your defense pretty noticeabley along with poise actually seeming to mean something this time around. I messed up my build a bit because I think I dumped too many points into strength too early and it would've better served me in either stamina or equip load.

Like the link above mentioned, going for heavy armor does nearly jack shit. Too big of an investment for little payoff.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 17, 2016, 04:37:34 pm »
So it's just telling me to pump points into health and the main damage stat I guess. I feel like not knowing how poise works could make a difference, not that I was dumping points into equip-load/defense but I will think twice about putting points into it now.
And how!

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #506 on: April 17, 2016, 04:38:30 pm »
So it's just telling me to pump points into health and the main damage stat I guess. I feel like not knowing how poise works could make a difference, not that I was dumping points into equip-load/defense but I will think twice about putting points into it now.

Endurance is quite good too
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 17, 2016, 05:04:37 pm »
According to that same guy though he says in his conclusion, "Endurance is basically a useless stat until you've maxed your other stats".

Still on my first playthrough and I'm not too worried about the numbers at this point but it is irritating how enemies almost always survive the second to last hit on an almost imperceptible amount of health.

The skill stomp is also the greatest thing ever that everyone probably thinks is garbage. The "rest" pose is also getting a lot of mileage for added atmosphere for my invaders.
And how!

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #508 on: April 17, 2016, 05:06:01 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 17, 2016, 05:32:48 pm »
Superarmor is such a great thing when using UGS (or other big weapons) in DS3. I can't recall how it was in DS2 or DS1 since I used faster/smaller weapons.

Also, I think I have died in this area more than I have in all other areas combined:
(click to show/hide)