Author Topic: Dark Souls 3  (Read 87601 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: Dark Souls 3
« Reply #375 on: April 13, 2016, 03:52:53 pm »
listen to this fucking casul

Nah man no point making things deliberately harder.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #376 on: April 13, 2016, 03:58:50 pm »
I keep trying to roll into the back and that never seems to work towards backstab and from what I tried until now, sidestepping seems to be too slow for me. Enemies keep turning fast enough to only ever present their side to me. But maybe I am doing it wrong due to the experience lack.

But making it past the 'fire' on the wall, collecting my first new weapon from that chest, it makes me wonder...

...damage dealt scales the difficulty down by a good margin instantly.

Level 14 Warrior now and I tried myself on the Katana kid near the shrine... nope... not gonna work yet for me...

Overall, my luck in finding equipment seems to be bad really. Considering the amount of weapons in the game, I feel kinda disappointed to only have found 1 yet.
Granted, it boosted me progression rate rather significantly and my confidence accordingly, but I want more cool shit to wear and wield... :cry:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #377 on: April 13, 2016, 03:59:19 pm »
listen to this fucking casul

Even so, as I struggled through a good portion of the game by now, level 35, I am yet to see a single guy who is worth anything in PvE or PvP :) they are all fancy and jump around a lot, but just one mistake - and they have a hair-thin health left and no flasks...
I do summon people often at this point, and if there is a choice - I always bet on a knight with a shield and a straight sword of some kind.
If it's a Mage, than it's understandable, but ninjas just don't last very long.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 13, 2016, 04:12:40 pm »
Not only did I finally beat the new nito who is super fucking cheap douchebag, when I finally did it I did so without taking a single hit. FEELS GOOD MAN

yeah overidden Im doing 100% no shield on this new character though. im actually finding it easier in many parts because poise damage on 2h axe does go further than you'd think. but some enmies my only option is to out chug them.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 13, 2016, 04:53:45 pm »
Even so, as I struggled through a good portion of the game by now, level 35, I am yet to see a single guy who is worth anything in PvE or PvP :) they are all fancy and jump around a lot, but just one mistake - and they have a hair-thin health left and no flasks...
I do summon people often at this point, and if there is a choice - I always bet on a knight with a shield and a straight sword of some kind.
If it's a Mage, than it's understandable, but ninjas just don't last very long.

The PVP for me so far has been made of people rolling around like idiots constantly. The only guy I've lost to was with a katana and I wasn't prepared for the damn speed of that thing. Usually I just stand there with my shield up and wait for them to make a mistake and get a few hits in.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #380 on: April 13, 2016, 06:06:24 pm »
I feel that it's harder, because there is a lot more variation in terms of enemy combos, especially bosses. In DS 1 and 2 you fought an enemy for 30 seconds and you basically knew it's entire moveset. Here it's almost like they learn, scary af.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 13, 2016, 06:13:45 pm »
Yeah I've had a few cases where a killed a boss too quickly to find out though. The Catacombs boss being a prime example. One of my mates found out about his later attacks that I never experienced because I think I took out his weak points too fast.

Though some of the others, like the Faron Knight one was hellish. Probably the hardest boss I've come across yet. Mind you once I figured out I could back stab him (after like 10 tries) it became easier.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #382 on: April 13, 2016, 06:17:24 pm »
FYI I've set my MP password to 'crpg' (surprise!)...

...should enable you peeps to join me no matter the differences in gear and lvl, right? :oops:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 13, 2016, 06:23:10 pm »
FYI I've set my MP password to 'crpg' (surprise!)...

...should enable you peeps to join me no matter the differences in gear and lvl, right? :oops:

In theory. Haven't tried it myself yet. Though I'm on holiday next week and will be a week behind my mates so will test it then.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #384 on: April 13, 2016, 06:55:23 pm »
Finally found lightning blade, ez buffs. Also beat the easiest boss in the game
(click to show/hide)
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 13, 2016, 08:31:10 pm »
I wonder whether there is something equivalent to covenant of the champions. Although obviously I should do my first walkthrough normally.

EDIT: yeah, it's just stupidly easy with summons.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 08:43:50 pm by Kafein »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 13, 2016, 09:14:31 pm »
EDIT: yeah, it's just stupidly easy with summons.

why would you do that anyway

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 13, 2016, 09:30:23 pm »
+1
May be an unpopular opinion. Hugely enjoying the game itself so far and gameplay but is anyone else getting a sense that the game is pretty linear? More of a concern for future playthroughs i guess but still...

I was concerned at first that it'd be hub-world and zones wouldnt be fully connected but would instead be 'levels' like Demon Souls. But in actual fact most of the world (so far) is all connected like Dark Souls. However, unlike Dark Souls there is only 1 place you can go to first after the tutorial area and (as far as i'm aware) only 1 place you can go from there at the start of the game. Instead of being limited by hard foes you're being limited entirely by the design of levels.

This actually gives you even less freedom than Demon Souls with its hub-world where you could feasibly do the levels in any order. Making this potentially the least open world out of all 3 previous 'Souls' games. Choices so far seem to be 'progress to next level', or 'stop at optional area before going to next level'. Where are the branching paths that lead to different mandatory areas that you can visit in any order depending on difficulty or inclination?

I mean, first 2 Dark Souls had some restricted areas and bits you had to do first:
Sen's Fortress Gate had to be opened
Endgame areas were sealed by the Lord's power
Certain areas had to be progressed through (of course) to reach other areas.
Roadblocks in Dark Souls 2, closed gates etc.
But think of both of the previous Dark Souls games and the areas that you could run to immediately after leaving the tutorial area. In Dark Souls 1 you could go Catacombs, New Londo or even Valley of Drakes/Darkroot/Blighttown/Great Hollow/Ash Lake if you chose the Master Key before even looking at the 'first area'. Dark Souls 2 you could go Tower of flame, Huntsman's Copse/Poison Area/Iron Keep, NoMans's Wharf/Bastille/Sinner's Rise, The Gutter or actually anywhere prior to visiting the 'first area'. But in Dark Souls 3, unless i'm just being blind, you *have* to go to the high walls of Lothric, then you have to go to the undead settlement etc etc.

Yeah it's pretty linear. I don't mind it however, the areas are gorgeous and that's what matters to me.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #388 on: April 13, 2016, 09:36:15 pm »
(click to show/hide)

I agree it feels very linear. If its means anything though the mid-game starts forking 2 to 3 paths, so there are some choices. But yes, in comparison its still very linear. But then there's also worth mentioning how incredibly big the areas are, im not much of an explorer for the most part, but i always feel like theres an overwhelming amount of paths everywhere, so i miss out on a ton of stuff constantly.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #389 on: April 13, 2016, 09:49:54 pm »
Loving the game so far but is anyone else having problems with actions being queued up? Sometimes if I spam a action, then attack I usually spam the button and it will attack twice even though I go back to rolling mid-way through the first attack.

I've never noticed this in any other of the Souls games. Its kinda annoying.