Author Topic: Why would I buy M:BG if you dont even fix bugs in your mod anymore?  (Read 23666 times)

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Why would I buy M:BG if you dont even fix bugs in your mod anymore?
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2015, 05:30:45 pm »
Just end cRPG and move on.  Devs, you're releasing your first real video game and are thus catering to a wider audience.  There's no need to keep this free mod for an aging Turkish multiplayer game up for a few recalcitrant neckbeards.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2015, 07:00:37 pm »
+5
What a sad thread to stumble upon, cRPG players nearly demanding patches for an old mod, when the dev crew is working on something new that they can actually take full credit and earn money from. Hell, cRPG isnt even broken to the point of unplayability, not even close. I have noticed now that team balance does get hiccups and create completely unfair teams at times, but most of the time its working well and teams feel good. I can still play the game for hours upon hours, and without ever feeling like i died to something unfair, that i couldnt have prevented.

And then there's the other part, retired crpg players who do nothing but mock people still playing the mod, and want it completely shut down for god knows what reason, thinking they are doing something good for the new game when they are just hurting the very core playerbase that will be the heart of the new game.

I really hope nothing said in this thread discourages the devs from doing what they feel is right, and i hope they dont decide to punish those that stick with crpg untill the new game is out either. What a bunch of crap this thread is filled with.
Jimmies = [X] Rustled [  ] Not rustled
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2015, 07:09:46 pm »
+11
This is actually a repetition of what has already been said numerous times, but here is my 2 cents:

* Crpg was/has been/is/will be a free mod.
* You can't expect the creators to forever dedicate their time to it.
* The current state of crpg cannot, by any means, be a measure for the possible output of the devs' current project.
* Just be grateful that there are/were other people who took the flag from their hands and delivered you another patch.

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2015, 08:28:06 pm »
+3
This is actually a repetition of what has already been said numerous times, but here is my 2 cents:

* Crpg was/has been/is/will be a free mod.
* You can't expect the creators to forever dedicate their time to it.
* The current state of crpg cannot, by any means, be a measure for the possible output of the devs' current project.
* Just be grateful that there are/were other people who took the flag from their hands and delivered you another patch.

Beautiful post. I hope everyone reads this ^ :mrgreen:
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline ImElias

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ImSofaKingInKweddable
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2015, 10:58:02 pm »
+1
If not for the recent update/patch, I would be content with cRPG.

The argument everyone is making is, it's OKAY to leave the game for different ventures! For whatever reason though, you decided to give free reign to new developers. Whom have done as they please with cRPG when it would have been better to: LEAVE IT AS IS.

I would have been perfectly fine if adding new things was there only prerogative even if they were over powered. Instead, they decided to go into the games mechanics and rewrite coding. If that wasn't enough they decided to replace a functional and working 2H stab with an abysmal animation still using the old stab physics. Lets not forget floating helmets, invisible armor pieces, and arrows on our feet.

You're not absolved of all responsibility just because you gave it to someone else. Your reputation as a developer only deflates when you place your responsibilities on another and they fail to uphold them. (or any walk in life not limited to developers)

It's your work. Fix the damn problems, dissolve cRPG's current development team, LEAVE THE GAME AS IS!

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2015, 12:45:04 am »
+6
You're not absolved of all responsibility just because you gave it to someone else. Your reputation as a developer only deflates when you place your responsibilities on another and they fail to uphold them. (or any walk in life not limited to developers)

i sold my car. new owner trashed it. i'm a bad car owner.

CHECKS OUT
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 12:49:04 am by Dooz »

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2015, 01:23:25 am »
i sold my car. new owner trashed it. i'm a bad car owner.

CHECKS OUT

Using your car example... if its still got companies name sprayed on the side and the car is trashed I wouldnt go to your company.

(not that i really care, but its just a retarded example you chose to jump on the band wagon with)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 11:05:32 am by Andswaru »
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2015, 01:39:50 am »
Sticking with the flawed analogy, if you're still the registered owner you are responsible for the vehicle.
Turtles

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2015, 01:45:25 am »
+13
If Melee devs prioritizing Melee over cRPG is a deal breaker for some then so be it, I think you're being extremely unfair and silly but you feel what you feel :)

cRPG isn't one or two people, and no one has abandoned anything, I presume some of you just want to troll and didn't even read the posts because that's a ludicrous statement and once again incredibly callous towards all those volunteers that has and is working on the mod. Frankly I find all these posts to be just so heartless, that people would hold so little respect for the enormous amount of time, effort and money all these people has put into the mod over so many years. We're trying to attract new blood for the mod here, not scare them away... If you want the mod to be problem free you're doing the opposite of helping here.

Nothing stays static, the meta of the game can warrant new changes to balance things etc, new bugs appear. It cannot simply be left be, it's not an FPS shooter.

I personally spent more hours in cRPG than I did in Counter-Strike 1.6 with prior versions combined, my two most favourite games of all time, had an amazing blast in cRPG and Strategus, still enjoy the current patch just fine too and I haven't encountered any bugs personally that a repair didn't fix, only lag issues (which I blame the server hosting centre for).

Melee is a spiritual successor, which I think a few of you are misinterpreting, it doesn't mean sequel, nor standalone, copy, and so on, in fact Assassins Creed is the spiritual successor to Prince of Persia, Hellgate London devs said their game was the spiritual successor to Diablo II (key developers previously worked on D2 at Blizzard), Dragon Age Origins is the spiritual successor of the Baldur's Gate series and so on. Those games are very different than the games they hold as their spiritual successors, and the teams behind these didn't have the same developers as the successor except for maybe Bioware with DAO/Baldur, cba checking credits :P (Read more about spiritual successors for games here)
  • cRPG isn't one or two people and haven't been since initially
  • cRPG is http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/credits
  • Melee != cRPG
  • Melee will have its rite of passage based on how fun people find it once they get to play it, some will enjoy it, some might prefer other games instead. "Play and let play" as the great Player One said.
  • cRPG won't die, not even after Melee is long released, we agreed upon that before starting on Melee. People are being sought, structure is here, progress will happen (volunteers are working on stuff all the time when they are able to, check the cRPG sub forums!).

I'm also moving this thread to the cRPG forum because it's more about cRPG than Melee, would like to keep the Melee forum for actual Melee gameplay/content related posts.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2015, 01:46:28 am »
+1
Using your car example... if its still got companies name sprayed on the side and the car is trashed I wouldnt go to your company.

(not that i really care, but its just a retarded example you chose to jump on the bad wagon with)

i don't know what you're saying

Sticking with the flawed analogy, if you're still the registered owner you are responsible for the vehicle.

if you're still the registered owner of a car you sold, you're bad at selling your car. or more likely, the person buying it is bad at buying cars.

let's talk some more about selling cars

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2015, 04:01:16 am »
Whether or not it's fair for people to judge M:BG on the current state of cRPG is irrelevant, what matters is whether or not potential buyers will make that judgement. And they most certainly won't, unless they're 1 of the 5 people in this thread who seem fixated/entitled/delusional to the point where they make these demands. The rest of the world either won't have heard of cRPG, won't care, or will appreciate that M:BG is different.

When the few people here talk about 'your reputation as a developer', what they really mean is 'your reputation with me and the 4 other players like me on this forum'.

When Lombard comes on here telling devs to pull the plug, it's not that he's uniquely concerned about the wellbeing of M:BG and feels that ending cRPG will fix that, he's been saying the same thing for months on all different topics 'shut down cRPG'. The only difference is that here they are pretending it's for the good of M:BG because they think it'll get more attention that way. Equally, the players who have been QQing about the last patch for weeks/months have been saying the same thing on all different topics 'patch the mod, revert this change, etc', the only difference is that here they are pretending it's for the good of M:BG because they think it'll get more attention that way.

What's wrong with shifting focus to a much improved successor that will give the devs a good reputation and money to live off of?  It should have been done months ago.  cRPG is old and spent.  Let it go.  It'll just die later when everyone moves over to M:BG anyway.

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2015, 04:04:28 am »
maybe you should let it go then

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2015, 04:05:10 am »
+1
maybe you should let it go then

Already have, I'm just keeping the account to keep track of M:BG

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2015, 04:05:59 am »
you seem to be talking about crpg

Offline DaRkSouL12394

• Baron
  • Renown: 128
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • The Banner Maker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom Of Northumbria
  • Game nicks: DaRkSouL_Gjallar, DaRkSouL_2,DarkSouL_3, Soul_Miner
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2015, 05:06:55 am »
i feel like they are killing the mod on purpose so people wont be able to play it because of all in-game problems and have no other option but to buy melee battlegrounds. i find it kinda evilish. for me no other game including battlegrounds can take the place of crpg.  i would like to play both crpg and m:bg. fix the f*cking mod please.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 05:17:23 am by DaRkSouL12394 »

''Once again the gods spread the cheeks to ram cock in fucking ass.''