Author Topic: Call of Combat - kickstarter  (Read 480 times)

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
Call of Combat - kickstarter
« on: February 19, 2015, 12:57:22 am »
+1
One of my favorite games I used to play a lot for quick relax and fun is now going to Kickstarter (the authors remade the game completely with better graphics and code)

For the game itself
- its very simple but very skill based
- you control 4 soldiers from above view
- you place them into certain positions where they can get enemy soldiers into crossfire thus increasing the chances to snipe them
- aside from this, you can rush and "nade" the enemy positions stunning or killing enemy soldiers and then moving forward and killing them at point blank while they're incapacitated
- you can suppress fire on selected positions (then they shoot with lesser accuracy or they don't even shoot at all - and then you usually can rush nade them with lower risk of being sniped)
- there are many other small tricks you can use, alltogether a skilled player can easily pwn or hold his ground against multiple of enemy squads
- there is a chain of command where higher player ranks distribute weapons to their subordinates
- the highest ranked player in the game almost always makes a plan and his subordiantes almost always proceed to execute it
- overall there is a lot of cooperation in the game and it has a very mature playerbase :)

Ok its demo so some things are not implemented yet, but main features are already working.

Unlike other kickstarter titles the authors managed to create playable demo for the game, so feel free try it out and show the game some love by backing it :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kavagamestudio/call-of-combat
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: Call of Combat - kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 04:25:12 pm »
+1
Not only is the name similar to CoD, it's also pronounced Coc(k). Game confirmed homosex.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 03:22:33 am »
One of my favorite games I used to play a lot for quick relax and fun is now going to Kickstarter (the authors remade the game completely with better graphics and code)

For the game itself
- its very simple but very skill based
- you control 4 soldiers from above view
- you place them into certain positions where they can get enemy soldiers into crossfire thus increasing the chances to snipe them
- aside from this, you can rush and "nade" the enemy positions stunning or killing enemy soldiers and then moving forward and killing them at point blank while they're incapacitated
- you can suppress fire on selected positions (then they shoot with lesser accuracy or they don't even shoot at all - and then you usually can rush nade them with lower risk of being sniped)
- there are many other small tricks you can use, alltogether a skilled player can easily pwn or hold his ground against multiple of enemy squads
- there is a chain of command where higher player ranks distribute weapons to their subordinates
- the highest ranked player in the game almost always makes a plan and his subordiantes almost always proceed to execute it
- overall there is a lot of cooperation in the game and it has a very mature playerbase :)

Ok its demo so some things are not implemented yet, but main features are already working.

Unlike other kickstarter titles the authors managed to create playable demo for the game, so feel free try it out and show the game some love by backing it :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kavagamestudio/call-of-combat

Holy shit, I use to play this game many many many years ago (when I was probably 14-15? 21 now). Man, having some crazy nostalgic memories right know. I forget the clan I was in but we regularly did scrims against other clans, game was pretty good.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 12:51:38 pm »
I thought I played this, but this is WWII. I played some Navy Seals shit, but the controls were almost identical.
Might back this.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.