Author Topic: Blocking with weapons  (Read 4506 times)

Offline AvengerC47

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Guerra, guerra nunca cambia
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
  • Game nicks: c47
Re: Blocking with weapons
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2014, 01:09:48 pm »
+1
I have different question

In crpg we have 4 blocks
blocking with shorter weapon than body is still a block even if attack will be to legs
but in melee we heard that block will be only when two weapons collide
so how to block with short weapon? will be "right click + mouse to left/right and then down" to turn weapon upsidedown to cover legs (like in image)?
(click to show/hide)
but even with that you can't block leg attack when you have weapon shorter than from knee to foot unless you can bend legs then (but then... it will be automatic or you will need to use crouch?)
Guerra, guerra nunca cambia

Sorry for my bad english :d

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2014, 11:19:14 pm »
+2
In all honesty the reasons people list here is exactly why broad short swords were such popular side arm weapons.

They were sturdy and reliable weapons with a nice size pommel to both balance the weight and make it easier to keep in your grip (and absorb) during impacts from fighting.

There are those people who have vision for games like this, and those who want crpg with prettier graphics.

I think a combination of weapon stun / weapon degradation would be excellent to help balance better weapons. A trade off for example between amazing damage / speed and reliability in combat.

Next I also think that personally I think stabs should have a much longer delay depending on the level of armour the enemy player being hit has on. It was a common occurrence on the battlefield that enemies in heavy armour were often found with weapons still impaled in them because it would be so difficult sometimes to get the weapons back.

Honestly history has a lot to teach as to why certain weapons were better than others and used for various reasons, and although it is truly a challenge to translate such things into a computer game, it is the attempt at this that separates truly amazing games and children's games.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2014, 04:29:36 pm »
The alcoholic shark rider has spoken+1  :wink:
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.