Author Topic: [Blizzard] Overwatch  (Read 50374 times)

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
Re: [Blizzard] Overwatch
« Reply #585 on: August 05, 2016, 06:53:15 pm »
I'm with Vibe. Despite sinking down to 47 due to holidays (I hope), even my dabbling use of Genji seems to cause great confusion in the other team. Pretty much every time there's a Genji somewhere, it really feels like nobody knows how to play against him. Of course, that's also probably because I'm playing at trash tier and they rarely even see a Genji getting picked.

Another thing, does it feel to anyone else like the game is heavily balanced against premades? I play most of my games with a friend and we get like 35% win rate but when I solo queue, I win all the time. He's arguably better than me at the game, almost always gets more medals and does the job in general.

Welcome to the low ranks. There is no escaping here without a group. Had to stop playing ranked myself because solo queue in low rank is miserable, no different than quick play other than you cant have 3 hanzos or genjis.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 05, 2016, 07:18:19 pm »
Another thing, does it feel to anyone else like the game is heavily balanced against premades? I play most of my games with a friend and we get like 35% win rate but when I solo queue, I win all the time. He's arguably better than me at the game, almost always gets more medals and does the job in general.

If you solo queue and end up with 2 2 men group or 1 3-4 men group that knows their shit and play coordinated, it can happen. But coordination beats everything, solo queuing with other average players who doesnt play together will bring you defeat except if they are very skilled.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 06, 2016, 12:57:08 am »
Welcome to the low ranks. There is no escaping here without a group. Had to stop playing ranked myself because solo queue in low rank is miserable, no different than quick play other than you cant have 3 hanzos or genjis.

Well, my experience is the opposite. Playing in a group tends to match me with much tougher players.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 06, 2016, 01:13:49 am »
Well, my experience is the opposite. Playing in a group tends to match me with much tougher players.

Yeah this. Some people just work really well together as a team and the game becomes seriously difficult. I ranked up solo a lot more than I did with my group (and they're not bad players at all).
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 01:19:53 am by Vibe »

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #589 on: August 06, 2016, 02:05:48 pm »
+1
My stack deranks me all the time when I play with them
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 06, 2016, 03:21:34 pm »
I typically rank up when I am stacked, rank down hard solo

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #591 on: August 06, 2016, 05:57:35 pm »
Realized why I had such a hard time ranking with my stack... after our placement matches I had a rank of 51 while my friend was placed at 34. Many keks were had at that moment.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 07, 2016, 08:43:04 pm »
+1
This is the best shit lol

All made with ingame audio files

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 07, 2016, 11:21:03 pm »
Been picking Zenyatta as second support more and more. The discord orb is insanely powerful.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 07, 2016, 11:32:42 pm »
Been picking Zenyatta as second support more and more. The discord orb is insanely powerful.

One of the most op things this patch for sure. I think it needs to be reduced a bit, maybe to 40% damage. That + Genji counter hero buffs would be great. Would love to see Mei's spray actually prevent movement skills or something like that, would make her really viable.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 07, 2016, 11:42:04 pm »
+1
Delete Mei from the game imo

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 08, 2016, 09:16:49 am »
Delete Mei from the game imo

Mei is already deleted from the game. The only thing she's used for is first point defense on hanamura to trap people inside the choke.

Offline Zergmar

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Terrible at everything.
    • View Profile
    • indie game dev, RIP
  • Faction: Hobo
  • Game nicks: SirScumbag
« Reply #597 on: August 08, 2016, 06:25:09 pm »
Could someone explain how to play Pharah effectively? I'm getting gold medals left and right every single game, but I keep losing A LOT. On the stat site thing I get very good weapon accuracy, damage and stuff, but surely I must be doing something wrong? I'm never getting any direct heals, and hardly ever a rez (usually 1 or zero throughout the entire game).
Should I be pushing, flanking, staying with the team or what?

I was at rank 57, played a bit more and fell down to 50 with a bazillion of loses in a row with Pharah. Didn't play a lot of ranked, but rank ~55 used to be a lot better at launch, now it seems like a pretty terrible place to be -- teammate wise.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 08, 2016, 07:49:12 pm »
+2
Could someone explain how to play Pharah effectively? I'm getting gold medals left and right every single game, but I keep losing A LOT. On the stat site thing I get very good weapon accuracy, damage and stuff, but surely I must be doing something wrong? I'm never getting any direct heals, and hardly ever a rez (usually 1 or zero throughout the entire game).
Should I be pushing, flanking, staying with the team or what?

I was at rank 57, played a bit more and fell down to 50 with a bazillion of loses in a row with Pharah. Didn't play a lot of ranked, but rank ~55 used to be a lot better at launch, now it seems like a pretty terrible place to be -- teammate wise.

Pharah is one of the lowest tier attack heroes when you start to climb up. You will be dealing with a lot of hitscan and discord orb because of zenyatta being an absolute beast now. Now for the heals/rez, if you are flying around away from your team a medic will not rush into the thick to save one person, get himself killed, putting the rest of the team in jeopardy. The new healing meta is lucio/zenyatta, which requires you to be in their line of sight to receive healing. Them also being the meta might be why you never get a rez, as with the same thing with pharah mercy is way too easy to kill, she is a very defenseless medic with an escape mechanic that requires absurd coordination to be pulled off right to save her. She just isnt worth playing with how good lucio and zenny are in their current state.

I would really love pharah to be viable in high ranked competitive, she is one of my favorite heroes to play in quickplay, but when you start to climb up into the high 50s and beyond, picking pharah essentially makes it a 5v6 against any competent team.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 08, 2016, 08:50:33 pm »
+2
Could someone explain how to play Pharah effectively?

Wait for next patch :wink:

But what POOP said is very true. Once you start climbing the ranks Pharah works out less and less due to peoples aim being more on point.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 09:00:44 pm by Vibe »