Author Topic: [Blizzard] Overwatch  (Read 50360 times)

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
Re: [Blizzard] Overwatch
« Reply #435 on: July 07, 2016, 03:44:04 pm »
Zen was actually the 1st hero i played a lot. Oh the innocent days of knowing nothing and just playing what was cool 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zergmar

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Terrible at everything.
    • View Profile
    • indie game dev, RIP
  • Faction: Hobo
  • Game nicks: SirScumbag
« Reply #436 on: July 07, 2016, 04:46:16 pm »
+1
Zenyatta and D.va are pretty much my two favorite heroes, waiting for buffs so I can enjoy ranked instead of having to play some tryhard meta crap.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 07, 2016, 06:45:45 pm »
Control point maps have to be the most awful thing at the moment, not because the gamemode is bad but because overtime is beyond broken.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 08, 2016, 09:41:50 am »
Quote from: Jeff Kaplan
We're experimenting internally with changes to Overtime right now. We feel like OT is lasting too long. We originally implemented Overtime because it felt bad to make a final push and have time run out while a capture was in progress. We feel like OT is a cool, exciting moment in the game but it could definitely use a tuning pass.

We made changes to OT yesterday and are testing them today. If those tests go well, we'll get some public version of it ready for testing soon.

This cannot come to soon.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #439 on: July 08, 2016, 10:41:21 am »
Played with 4 man stack lvls from 40-80 avg rank 48. We got drawn against a 6 man stack full of people over level 100 and over 200 with higher avg rank. We got rekt  :cry: they can't be good if they played so much to hit lvl 230 and still be our rank but it's hard life against full 6 stack
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 08, 2016, 11:04:40 am »
Played with 4 man stack lvls from 40-80 avg rank 48. We got drawn against a 6 man stack full of people over level 100 and over 200 with higher avg rank. We got rekt  :cry: they can't be good if they played so much to hit lvl 230 and still be our rank but it's hard life against full 6 stack

Levels don't mean shit beyond a certain point. For beta players they could be low level but still very experienced. Yesterday my 4 man stack lost against a team with 7 average rating higher (ours 63, theirs 70), but we only lost like 10% of the rank so at least Blizzard made that fair. But I've also won against higher rated stacks that often include pro players.

Offline Zergmar

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Terrible at everything.
    • View Profile
    • indie game dev, RIP
  • Faction: Hobo
  • Game nicks: SirScumbag
« Reply #441 on: July 08, 2016, 01:33:27 pm »

Everyone in my ranked matches is over 100, seen some nerds on 300+, which was kinda sad. But as Vibe says, in ranked all of the basic levels just don't matter anymore.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 09, 2016, 01:44:45 am »
That was my goal for this season, must say I'm pretty satisfied.

Now I can stop playing ranked until they fix all the cancer (tracers, koth, overtime, genjis by an extent) :lol:

Offline Umbra

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 09, 2016, 02:10:34 am »
How the fuck did you climb to 70.  I guess you arent solo queing, this is complete cancer, people leaving just before it ends for shitty xp.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 09, 2016, 02:28:26 am »
How the fuck did you climb to 70.  I guess you arent solo queing, this is complete cancer, people leaving just before it ends for shitty xp.

ez pez cheeki breeki

Some is with team, some is solo, some is duo queue. I actually won a lot more solo/duo games than 4+ stack games.

Offline Umbra

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 09, 2016, 09:15:58 am »
+1
Im just a baddie i guess ayy lmao

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 09, 2016, 12:20:10 pm »
+1
The key to success if you truly are better than your team (if you get multiple gold medals every game then you probably are) is to not sacrifice yourself for team comp. Pick a character that you can carry the team with, even if there's no support or no tank.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 09, 2016, 01:49:38 pm »
The key to success if you truly are better than your team (if you get multiple gold medals every game then you probably are) is to not sacrifice yourself for team comp. Pick a character that you can carry the team with, even if there's no support or no tank.

I've found to my surprise that even picking your most played character, strapping on your best sunglasses and being all-around better than your team doesnt help when you're the last one alive from your team at every push/defense wave...  :(

To maximize your idea, mastering a character that has high evasion and high damage output is key, I would say. Problem is most of them are low HP so easy to die at the slightest mistake... Tanks on the other hand are too slow to retreat from a max fail push after all your mates rushed to their shallow death. Tricky choice!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 09, 2016, 03:55:28 pm »
I've found to my surprise that even picking your most played character, strapping on your best sunglasses and being all-around better than your team doesnt help when you're the last one alive from your team at every push/defense wave...  :(

It's difficult to win alone, but here the aim is to make just enough of a difference.

In more practical terms I'd advise carries to play Soldier, Roadhog, Reaper, Pharah, Zarya and Tracer, generally in that order of preference depending on the map. Genji and Winston too, to a lesser extent.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #449 on: July 09, 2016, 03:56:25 pm »

i have to disagree , even if you are a pro player with insane skill you can't carry shit if your team 1) picks wrong heroes in that situations 2) aren't in team voice chat 3) are not doing any teamwork.
here's the proof ---> https://www.twitch.tv/tvique/v/77003014 (ILIOS MAP)
i assume over lvl 60 SR you should enter voice chat  but no , people gives 0 fucks even with a player like TViQ that can carry you easily..
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 04:02:12 pm by Radament »