Author Topic: [Blizzard] Overwatch  (Read 50351 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: [Blizzard] Overwatch
« Reply #405 on: July 04, 2016, 02:44:22 pm »
My argument is that he is too squishy to stand on the front. He can confidently stand with the team only if there is a Reinhart to hide behind, or you will have to single-shot from average/long distance by using cover (not doing lots of damage over time except if you have a great accuracy, not me unfortunately).
He is an anti-flanker thats for sure, but where do you meet the flankers? In the flanks. So you want to go to the flanks to kill the flankers, no? And then when you're done killing them, your ult is charged, you're already in a flanking position to use it. Then if your ult is still not charged, you come out and flank the enemy team with your normal skills. Makes sense to me and it worked the 50~ or so games I played with him.

Your flanker/anti-flanker logic is flawed. Flankers use the flanks to get into your backline to kill your supports. Sure you can protect inside a single flank with McCree but then flankers will use another route to rape your supports and you won't be there to protect them. This is how McCree is (was) played in pro and high skill matches, he sticks to his main push/defense team, with tanks and supports. His 'flaw' of being somewhat squishy is negated by Reinhardt shield and supports around you. If it has worked for you then sure, but is it working now after the patch? Pre-patch you could do just about anything with him and still destroy shit.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 04, 2016, 02:47:39 pm »
Its working after the patch but like I said, only if my team doesnt lose too badly. I agree that my playstryle cover only one flank line, but then if the flankers arent there I freely push and flank their team: McCree is a great flanker even if you dont think he was meant for that.
Maybe in pro matches there is always a Reinhart who never let go of his shield, but in quick and even ranked, there is lots of time when there is no Reinhart or one that rushes instead of blocking damage.
In my gaming session yesterday, we had one who was proud to have gold damage and all my team was like "... dude, thats not a good thing if you're Reinhart"  :lol:  He responded "I have 10k damage block" but on 2 long rounds its really low.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 02:51:37 pm by Butan »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 04, 2016, 02:56:19 pm »
Double post to confide that I'll probably try McCree as a frontliner after what you said  :D so thanks for your opinion no matter what I said.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 04, 2016, 02:59:56 pm »
Its working after the patch but like I said, only if my team doesnt lose too badly. I agree that my playstryle cover only one flank line, but then if the flankers arent there I freely push and flank their team: McCree is a great flanker even if you dont think he was meant for that.
Maybe in pro matches there is always a Reinhart who never let go of his shield, but in quick and even ranked, there is lots of time when there is no Reinhart or one that rushes instead of blocking damage.
In my gaming session yesterday, we had one who was proud to have gold damage and all my team was like "... dude, thats not a good thing if you're Reinhart"  :lol:  He responded "I have 10k damage block" but on 2 long rounds its really low.

In the time you even walk behind the enemy team, Tracers and Genjis (even Reapers) are going to be there already racking up kills, while McCree's slow walk speed will not only take him forever to flank, but you'll most likely be noticed (and killed) by the enemy team if they have a single shred of awereness. You have no sustainability once you're in their backlines either, again his mobility is shit and you have no escapes and heals. All the actual flankers have those.
But sure if everyone is bad I can see a flanking McCree working. In that case you could as well play a flanking Bastion, probably even more effective since he has more hp and self heal.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #409 on: July 04, 2016, 05:23:06 pm »
Symmetra shooting full charged blasts through the left path, obvious sign that its the worst path to push. But thats not something people consider, tank still goes there and dies. People really arent too bright in this game, better not queue with less than 3 players.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline saccizord

• Baron
  • Renown: 120
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: VeraCruz
  • Game nicks: saccizord
« Reply #410 on: July 04, 2016, 06:45:08 pm »
I've given up on McCree too. Roadhog is doing a better job at killing flankers than McCree right now, lol. To kill a flanker like Tracer or Genji you must hit your flashbang (which is hard sometimes because they keep teleporting and walljumping) and hit a headshot in a small interval of time to be sure of killing them, otherwise they run away. Flashbang + Right Click is not a viable strategy anymore.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 04, 2016, 07:16:32 pm »
McCree has been emasculated in the patch and as a result, Genjis and Tracers are running wild, and there's a surge in Roadhog popularity as he's the new best stunner. Reaper has practically zero counters now though, as a Roadhog grab combo won't kill him.

Balance as a whole is still better post-patch though, and the fact that flanking characters are not useless anymore means the game is more interesting than before.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 04, 2016, 10:21:13 pm »
Balance as a whole is still better post-patch though, and the fact that flanking characters are not useless anymore means the game is more interesting than before.

Yeah that's true. I'm just happy I don't see as many Widows anymore, a good Widow is still the most frustrating shit ever.

Offline Zergmar

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Terrible at everything.
    • View Profile
    • indie game dev, RIP
  • Faction: Hobo
  • Game nicks: SirScumbag
« Reply #413 on: July 05, 2016, 02:07:40 pm »
Ranked feels bad man, you can end up with 3-4 gold medals and easily lose (I guess it only means that half of your teammates were rather bad). Seems like a lot of people got carried to their ranks, or just have a single hero that they're decent with. Not to mention folks who played Mercy forever and suddenly they all want to be a Reaper.

#SingleQueue

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 05, 2016, 02:14:31 pm »
Doing not too bad as frontliner McCree in the end, after Vibe told me about it  :mrgreen:  but definitely need a Reinhart or too easy to get heavily wounded by any long range heroes.

I've met Radament yesterday while looking for ranked plays  :P  did a couple match with his team (we were 3, they were 3, perfect), was nice.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 05, 2016, 02:37:42 pm »
Btw, if you haven't noticed, if someone leaves a competitive game whoever wins will only get a small fraction (5%) of the rankup... doesn't matter if the leaver was on your team or enemy team.

I wonder why Blizzard had a beta for ranked and yet there's still so many bugs...

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 05, 2016, 02:40:39 pm »
This is the same for the losing side? I started at rank 54, I'm now rank 50 and I have 50/50 victory/defeat...  :lol: This is not encouraging.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 05, 2016, 02:43:05 pm »
+1
This is the same for the losing side? I started at rank 54, I'm now rank 50 and I have 50/50 victory/defeat...  :lol: This is not encouraging.

This only affects the winning side. The losing side still loses the full value (fun, right?). I think there's quite some unabalance when it comes how much rank you gain and how much you lose. I have to win a shitload and not lose if I want to rank up... I'm still ranking up, albeit slowly, so can't complain

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #418 on: July 05, 2016, 03:02:52 pm »
Nothing more annoying than the enemy team leaving when you have won a hard game. Tracer is annoying but I meet less annoying genjis ( probably because I'm usually Pharah Me dva or rhein which cope OK with him)

Winston is just a beast at shutting down a genji. Not sure how to counter a tracer without roadhog hooks or junkrat traps in popular flank routes
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 05, 2016, 03:32:44 pm »
Not sure how to counter a tracer without roadhog hooks or junkrat traps in popular flank routes

Nobody does. I'd say the safest bet right now would be hitting Roadhog hooks