Author Topic: [Blizzard] Overwatch  (Read 50345 times)

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
Re: [Blizzard] Overwatch
« Reply #390 on: July 02, 2016, 01:19:26 pm »
ive decided not to bother with competitive solo anymore :P too many toxic retards make the game less than fun, think ill just stick to quick play :P
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Zergmar

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Terrible at everything.
    • View Profile
    • indie game dev, RIP
  • Faction: Hobo
  • Game nicks: SirScumbag
« Reply #391 on: July 02, 2016, 03:33:01 pm »
too many toxic retards

Getting a lot of those in QuickPlay as well

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 02, 2016, 04:47:57 pm »
ive decided not to bother with competitive solo anymore :P too many toxic retards make the game less than fun, think ill just stick to quick play :P

Had someone pick a Torbjorn for Control Point yesterday and he did nothing the entire game. Every turret he placed was instantly destroyed, I don't think he even got a single kill. Some other guy from our team says he did the same to them in their last game, just being completely useless. We start flaming him and so on, proceeds to pick Symmetra to be even less useful. So fun to have someone like that land on your team in competitive. And the only thing we can do is report him, I just hope these reports work.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #393 on: July 02, 2016, 08:45:36 pm »
Had someone pick a Torbjorn for Control Point yesterday and he did nothing the entire game. Every turret he placed was instantly destroyed, I don't think he even got a single kill. Some other guy from our team says he did the same to them in their last game, just being completely useless. We start flaming him and so on, proceeds to pick Symmetra to be even less useful. So fun to have someone like that land on your team in competitive. And the only thing we can do is report him, I just hope these reports work.

don't think report works for someone being bad at playing or picking a useless hero in control points but the option to not playing again with that player should be re-enabled. i know there's a block feature but it's only for chat and voip isnt' it?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 02, 2016, 09:14:18 pm »
don't think report works for someone being bad at playing or picking a useless hero in control points but the option to not playing again with that player should be re-enabled. i know there's a block feature but it's only for chat and voip isnt' it?

He wasn't just bad, he was straight out griefing. There's a difference between being bad and just walking around placing turrets and dying. He didn't even try to fight.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 04, 2016, 12:38:12 am »
To me, competitive mode is for not getting these guys. Get out of MMR hell, let the dust settle and the matches should get more interesting. Or better balanced, anyway.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 04, 2016, 08:48:12 am »
To me, competitive mode is for not getting these guys. Get out of MMR hell, let the dust settle and the matches should get more interesting. Or better balanced, anyway.

Yeah, usually I can't complain about the picks in competitive. Most of the people really are willing to win, supports are being picked and people actually switch their hero if you ask them nicely... There is an occasional autist such as the dwarf only picker that I mentioned before, but they're really rare.

So what rank are you guys at atm?

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #397 on: July 04, 2016, 08:51:08 am »
+1
Yeah, usually I can't complain about the picks in competitive. Most of the people really are willing to win, supports are being picked and people actually switch their hero if you ask them nicely... There is an occasional autist such as the dwarf only picker that I mentioned before, but they're really rare.

So what rank are you guys at atm?

"Pharah you're so shit go swap the fuck out of pharah now"

"Yes sir"

Is actually happening
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 04, 2016, 12:33:20 pm »
Played 6 ranked matchs in a row yesterday with 2 of my pals. 5 times out of 6 we got utterly squashed in attack/defense... and lost very short the 6th time. Shit gaming night  :mrgreen:

I still see a looooooooooot of small groups/solo guys in ranked that doesnt know the basics of push together/stay grouped/be aware. As soon as my team is wiped once, they just keep spawning and rushing to die alone until a hopeless situation is created (enemy team able to spam their ults). Also lots of map awareness problems where they all stack up at the front gate/road even with flank heroes and every tracer/genji/reaper-like heroes just keep coming off our back and kill 1 or 2 guys before we can react.

I'm slowly switching out off McCree due to these poor performances in ranked matches. He is a cool flanker to play with, but when the enemy team is superior he is unable to turn the tables: his skills are nice to kill 1 guy every 10 seconds or so, but when you have a wiped team on your hands you can only flee, and most likely die because no evade skill and slow movement speed.
Began to play zenyatta and good feels so far, pretty OP support/debuff/attack char when you're not focused.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 12:37:02 pm by Butan »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 04, 2016, 12:44:46 pm »
Played 6 ranked matchs in a row yesterday with 2 of my pals. 5 times out of 6 we got utterly squashed in attack/defense... and lost very short the 6th time. Shit gaming night  :mrgreen:

I still see a looooooooooot of small groups/solo guys in ranked that doesnt know the basics of push together/stay grouped/be aware. As soon as my team is wiped once, they just keep spawning and rushing to die alone until a hopeless situation is created (enemy team able to spam their ults). Also lots of map awareness problems where they all stack up at the front gate/road even with flank heroes and every tracer/genji/reaper-like heroes just keep coming off our back and kill 1 or 2 guys before we can react.

I don't see a lot of those at my rank. What we see here is incredibly good Genjis and Tracers destroying our backlines because there's no real counter to these two at the moment D:

I'm slowly switching out off McCree due to these poor performances in ranked matches. He is a cool flanker to play with, but when the enemy team is superior he is unable to turn the tables: his skills are nice to kill 1 guy every 10 seconds or so, but when you have a wiped team on your hands you can only flee, and most likely die because no evade skill and slow movement speed.
Began to play zenyatta and good feels so far, pretty OP support/debuff/attack char when you're not focused.

Full wat on this paragraph tho :D

McCree - ofc you're having poor performance, the hero is outclassed by Soldier 76 in all regards in this patch. He's almost never picked in high ranked competitive and pro games for a reason. Also McCree isn't and never has been a flanker...
Zenyatta - picking ball man is almost like you want to lose the game, there's nothing more to say

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 04, 2016, 12:49:12 pm »
Full wat on this paragraph tho :D

McCree - ofc you're having poor performance, the hero is outclassed by Soldier 76 in all regards in this patch. He's almost never picked in high ranked competitive and pro games for a reason. Also McCree isn't and never has been a flanker...
Zenyatta - picking ball man is almost like you want to lose the game, there's nothing more to say

I dont know how you play McCree, but he certainly isnt a frontline kind of guy to me.

And Zenyatta fucking powns man: his debuff makes squishy heroes 2-3 shottable by yourself, average-tanky heroes largely easier to take down. When you debuff heroes targeted by your team in quick succession, you make it 50% easier for everyone. And you can spam the debuff A LOT. His heal is OK, though in ranked its better to have a Mercy to support more directly. His ultimate is like screaming "PUSH TEAM", fucking scary when they actually push with your ult on, and charges up very quick. Had lots of quick play win with him.
As long as your back is covered and you dont push too far by yourself, your very small HP pool is not a problem and his shields recharge almost instantly  :D

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 04, 2016, 12:55:33 pm »
I dont know how you play McCree, but he certainly isnt a frontline kind of guy to me.
And Zenyatta fucking powns man: his debuff makes squishy heroes 2-3 shottable by yourself, average-tanky heroes largely easier to take down. When you debuff heroes targeted by your team in quick succession, you make it 50% easier for everyone. And you can spam the debuff A LOT. His heal is OK, though in ranked its better to have a Mercy to support more directly. His ultimate is like screaming "PUSH TEAM", fucking scary when they actually push with your ult on, and charges up very quick. Had lots of quick play win with him.

McCree is a frontline/stand with the team guy, the only flanker thing he has is his ult, but not because the hero is flanker, but because the ult requires flanking to be effective. Other than that his skillset is anything but a flanker, you have no movement skills, no escape, no repositioning, no self sustain/heal. He's supposed to be the anti-flanker (even blizzard said so), going with the team popping heads from behind Reinhardt square and stopping flankers going for your supports with stun. But right now he doesn't do shit, unfortunately.

As for Zenyatta, you just die with that hero. Anyone with two arms will be able to take care of a 150 hp non-mobile hero in no time. Every time I've been up against a Zenyatta on enemy team it's been a free win.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #402 on: July 04, 2016, 01:04:43 pm »
Still only level 22 so not at ranked yet but even at this point Genji and Tracer are really getting on my tits.

They are too strong. That deflect missles attack that Genji has is enough to kill most people alone. And keeping track of a good tracer long enough to get a few shots on her is near impossible.

Had a lot of trouble with some good Winstons recently as well. He doesn't deal massive damage but boy is he disruptive. He allows others on his team to take advantage whilst he just causes havok.

Just tried Lucio a couple of times for the first time. Reckon he's the best healer by far as he has a great all round skill set.

Offline Zergmar

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Terrible at everything.
    • View Profile
    • indie game dev, RIP
  • Faction: Hobo
  • Game nicks: SirScumbag
« Reply #403 on: July 04, 2016, 01:15:34 pm »
McCree's justified drop in popularity makes Tracers and Genjis very happy

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 04, 2016, 02:24:17 pm »
McCree is a frontline/stand with the team guy, the only flanker thing he has is his ult, but not because the hero is flanker, but because the ult requires flanking to be effective. Other than that his skillset is anything but a flanker, you have no movement skills, no escape, no repositioning, no self sustain/heal. He's supposed to be the anti-flanker (even blizzard said so), going with the team popping heads from behind Reinhardt square and stopping flankers going for your supports with stun. But right now he doesn't do shit, unfortunately.

My argument is that he is too squishy to stand on the front. He can confidently stand with the team only if there is a Reinhart to hide behind, or you will have to single-shot from average/long distance by using cover (not doing lots of damage over time except if you have a great accuracy, not me unfortunately).
He is an anti-flanker thats for sure, but where do you meet the flankers? In the flanks. So you want to go to the flanks to kill the flankers, no? And then when you're done killing them, your ult is charged, you're already in a flanking position to use it. Then if your ult is still not charged, you come out and flank the enemy team with your normal skills. Makes sense to me and it worked the 50~ or so games I played with him.