Author Topic: [Blizzard] Overwatch  (Read 50387 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: [Blizzard] Overwatch
« Reply #315 on: June 16, 2016, 08:33:43 am »
I just don't get how Widow has a rifle mode in her weapon that potentially deals more damage than Soldier 76's rifle

Nobody does, my son, nobody

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 11:27:22 am by Vibe »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 16, 2016, 02:03:51 pm »
Played McCree yesterday and didnt feel the nerf on the fan the hammer a lot, at least against weak targets; so its working.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 16, 2016, 02:30:54 pm »
Played McCree yesterday and didnt feel the nerf on the fan the hammer a lot, at least against weak targets; so its working.

You can definitely feel the nerf against meaty targets (including 250 hp heroes such as Reaper and Mei) or if you were used to facerolling with right click before. But the hero is still good and I will most probably remain a meta pick.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #318 on: June 16, 2016, 03:24:51 pm »
Nobody does, my son, nobody

ahahahahahhahaha exactly what i felt yesterday playing mei non stop , she's so annoying that's  actually my second fav char to play in payloads maps.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 16, 2016, 04:16:34 pm »
You can definitely feel the nerf against meaty targets (including 250 hp heroes such as Reaper and Mei) or if you were used to facerolling with right click before. But the hero is still good and I will most probably remain a meta pick.

By facerolling you mean unloading 2x fan the hammer using reload-rolling at close quarters?
I felt it was already quite dangerous before the nerf, I pulled that only when we were stomping or I was sure there was only 1 enemy in the area. When unsure, I keep the roll to avoid dying (pulling off and/or kiting those who persistently chase me) and not to kill. Its really a pain in the ass to die and come back the whole way, especially with heroes that already use 50% of their playtime looking for medkits like McCree.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #320 on: June 16, 2016, 05:21:52 pm »
Can anyone recommend a good defensive hero for me? I always play a fast hero on attack like tracer and rarely some genji, but on defense I'm at a loss since they all seem pretty boring to me. I've tried torbjorn and he's really straight forward and had a really slow and laid-back playstyle that I don't particularly care for. Same with widowmaker and hanzo, I'm not really a fan of camping and waiting for the enemies to come to me. I played some junkrat since he has to be a little bit closer to the fray, but even then, despite my effectiveness, he just wasn't all that fun. I figured I could always play some soldier 76 on defense since he is a good all-around hero, but he's basically the only character one of my friends plays, so I don't really want to rob him of his fun.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 16, 2016, 06:27:35 pm »
Roadhog has to be my fav hero after McCree, and he's very good in both defense and offense. Mei is a defensive hero that almost plays like a tank, she's one of the best heroes to hold points.

Honestly it's best to become decently proficient in at least two heroes of every category. You don't need to master all 21, but you need to be able to fill any role missing in a pub team.

By facerolling you mean unloading 2x fan the hammer using reload-rolling at close quarters?
I felt it was already quite dangerous before the nerf, I pulled that only when we were stomping or I was sure there was only 1 enemy in the area. When unsure, I keep the roll to avoid dying (pulling off and/or kiting those who persistently chase me) and not to kill. Its really a pain in the ass to die and come back the whole way, especially with heroes that already use 50% of their playtime looking for medkits like McCree.

I don't see the point of keeping the roll if you have an empty gun and an enemy in front of you.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 16, 2016, 06:45:48 pm »
Can anyone recommend a good defensive hero for me? I always play a fast hero on attack like tracer and rarely some genji, but on defense I'm at a loss since they all seem pretty boring to me. I've tried torbjorn and he's really straight forward and had a really slow and laid-back playstyle that I don't particularly care for. Same with widowmaker and hanzo, I'm not really a fan of camping and waiting for the enemies to come to me. I played some junkrat since he has to be a little bit closer to the fray, but even then, despite my effectiveness, he just wasn't all that fun. I figured I could always play some soldier 76 on defense since he is a good all-around hero, but he's basically the only character one of my friends plays, so I don't really want to rob him of his fun.

roadhog, zarya, bastion lul

McCree roll is a pretty shitty escape tho. By facerolling i meant classic right click spam anything that is close-mid range.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #323 on: June 16, 2016, 06:50:18 pm »

Zarya is sick, but you have to have some decent teammates to make full use of the shields. Most active and fun tank to me at least, and good on both defense/offense.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 16, 2016, 06:59:51 pm »
Zarya is sick, but you have to have some decent teammates to make full use of the shields. Most active and fun tank to me at least, and good on both defense/offense.

Zarya is awesome, fully charged melts steel beams, but some games can be frustrating because people dont make use of shields or enemy too smart to hit you when shielded.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 16, 2016, 07:09:03 pm »
I don't see the point of keeping the roll if you have an empty gun and an enemy in front of you.

At that moment I prefer rolling away and shoot at a moderate distance, rather than faceroll and risk death; if the target in front is an accompanied tank its not worth it most of the time.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #326 on: June 16, 2016, 08:26:05 pm »
Zarya is awesome, fully charged melts steel beams, but some games can be frustrating because people dont make use of shields or enemy too smart to hit you when shielded.

The shield time is too short for teammates to make use of intentionally when buffed, but if teammates never go further ahead than yourself then its really hard to use it. Thats why zarya + more tanks is just insanely strong, always someone to bubble, and being able to shield teammates also mean you can push harder yourself. Tank teams best teams.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 16, 2016, 08:35:21 pm »
At that moment I prefer rolling away and shoot at a moderate distance, rather than faceroll and risk death; if the target in front is an accompanied tank its not worth it most of the time.

Oh I see what you mean now. As Vibe said, the roll doesn't give you that much ground anyway, but it's something.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 16, 2016, 09:04:33 pm »
True, but the roll is so fast and unpredictable that often times it gives you at least one second respite, which is huge with a squishy slow character like McCree. I really enjoy using the roll to leave a room where you are overwhelmed, or instantly pass through a corridor covered by too many enemies.
If you dont spam the fan the hammer too much, you shouldnt use the fast-reload too often IMO, you will die more and possibly not deal enough damage (post-nerf).

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #329 on: June 17, 2016, 08:32:28 am »
I am becoming quite the pesky attack symmetra

Love hearing my team cry when I pick her on attack and walk away with multiple gold medals, mostly for eliminations. People undervalue the time taken to walk to payload saved with the tp as well.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway