Author Topic: [Blizzard] Overwatch  (Read 50353 times)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
Re: [Blizzard] Overwatch
« Reply #255 on: June 06, 2016, 10:06:17 pm »
Genji is pretty decent at a low level of play, before people realize that they shouldn't just shotgun him repeatedly when he can reflect it all right back at them. But his reflector move quickly becomes less useful once people actually know what he can do, and at that point all he can really do is run around inflicting chip damage on the enemy... he's never going to really get kills on his own unless you manage to sneak up on an oblivious sniper/support. That, and his ult is pretty weak imo, since while quick, he still isn't fast enough to chase everyone down, meaning you have to solely rely on your dash attack. He can be fun as heck since his movement is great, and you can definitely waste some of the opposing team's time by harassing them and having them chase you... but when I play him I always feel like I'm not helping, even if I might be, and I sure won't ever get any results to show otherwise. I really wish his melee attack did a little extra damage or that he had some reason to make you want to close the gap between you and your enemy, since his movement makes that fairly easy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #256 on: June 07, 2016, 05:53:01 am »
+1
Genji is pretty decent at a low level of play, before people realize that they shouldn't just shotgun him repeatedly when he can reflect it all right back at them. But his reflector move quickly becomes less useful once people actually know what he can do, and at that point all he can really do is run around inflicting chip damage on the enemy... he's never going to really get kills on his own unless you manage to sneak up on an oblivious sniper/support. That, and his ult is pretty weak imo, since while quick, he still isn't fast enough to chase everyone down, meaning you have to solely rely on your dash attack. He can be fun as heck since his movement is great, and you can definitely waste some of the opposing team's time by harassing them and having them chase you... but when I play him I always feel like I'm not helping, even if I might be, and I sure won't ever get any results to show otherwise. I really wish his melee attack did a little extra damage or that he had some reason to make you want to close the gap between you and your enemy, since his movement makes that fairly easy.

That parry by the way, can parry pretty much anything. Blackhole from zarya gets parried if it doesnt activate before it hits his block, i had mine parried today lol. Doesnt parry lazor tho. His ult isnt top tier, but i think it rewards more kills at least than most ults. Like D.va and Hanzo just struggle to kill much with ults in higher skillbrackets, doesnt make them bad by any means though.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 07, 2016, 08:49:23 am »
The problem with Genji deflect and other similar reaction stuff like Mei's icecube is that the server often prefer the shooter in terms of latency (I can't say it's connected to tickrate, but it might be), which means that in higher skill brackets when people aren't retarded enough to shoot into Genji's deflect you'll have to bait and do last milisecond deflects, which often get you killed even though the parry was successful on your screen, however on their killcam you don't even see your deflect initiate.

Oh btw - if you didn't yet know - enemy hitboxes are enlarged when the one shooting at him is using projectile weapons (such as a Hanzo).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 08:55:56 am by Vibe »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #258 on: June 07, 2016, 03:20:13 pm »
+2
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 07, 2016, 04:05:19 pm »
His ult isnt top tier, but i think it rewards more kills at least than most ults. Like D.va and Hanzo just struggle to kill much with ults in higher skillbrackets, doesnt make them bad by any means though.

Idk, I find it kind of weak considering plenty of the cast can backpedal and hop around him, and you typically need a few good swings to kill anyone since it isn't as strong as you'd want it to be.  At least Hanzo can remain safe while firing off his ult, or at the very least use it to clear the enemy team off of an objective. If genji tried to use his ult to get an enemy team off an objective he'd be shot dead in a second since he's so squishy. I learned after my first attempt to not use it and just run at a group of enemies, but it just seems so bad even if you use it and manage to sneak up on someone. For instance I used my ult, then used my dash attack to hit a Hanzo from behind, then I slashed him once and he was still living and hopping around, giving him enough time to knock an arrow and fire it off before my 2nd swing was able to come out, and of course he headshotted me cuz

enemy hitboxes are enlarged when the one shooting at him is using projectile weapons (such as a Hanzo).

...so does this mean that all characters can get ridiculous headshots? Since I've definitely noticed some awfully generous headshots with all the cast, but I've chalked it up to latency for the most part. Hanzo on the other hand has downright impossible headshots. Even watching replays I'll see him shoot my way, the arrow will go underneath my armpit, not even hitting my arm or torso, and then I drop dead from a headshot. Cmon game, at least lie to me and show the replay making sense.  :?

The problem with Genji deflect and other similar reaction stuff like Mei's icecube is that the server often prefer the shooter in terms of latency (I can't say it's connected to tickrate, but it might be), which means that in higher skill brackets when people aren't retarded enough to shoot into Genji's deflect you'll have to bait and do last milisecond deflects, which often get you killed even though the parry was successful on your screen, however on their killcam you don't even see your deflect initiate.

Agreed... The few times I got a deflect in reactively has been mostly luck I'd have to admit, unless it was a long range rocket or something slow coming my way. When I try to reactively parry most of the times I end up getting shot first, more likely than not due to latency since I think it'd be safe to say all of us crpg vets have pretty dece reflexes. Not to mention even if you could parry reactively 100%, at higher levels people bait it out anyways. If you come across someone who doesn't have a shotgun, they'll just fire off a couple shots your way, so you're forced to either take the free damage (or hope it misses) or activate your parry... at which point they just stop shooting and wait a second for it to run out. A smart player will almost always be able to outplay you, and I find myself using the parry as a way to help make my escape more often than anything else. I'm not necessarily saying genji is underpowered or anything, I just feel like he needs a little something, since even his role on the battlefield doesn't seem very impactful. I just want to feel productive while playing him cuz he's pretty fun.  :(

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 07, 2016, 05:32:54 pm »
Parry isnt enough to kill at high levels, but its not only a hard-to-master offense skill. Its also a 100% guaranteed evasion skill, as long as all your opponents are in a 180° cone you can just run away from nearly everything.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 07, 2016, 05:57:29 pm »
Parry isnt enough to kill at high levels, but its not only a hard-to-master offense skill. Its also a 100% guaranteed evasion skill, as long as all your opponents are in a 180° cone you can just run away from nearly everything.

Yeah, but it lasts at most 2 seconds and you have to be facing your enemy to block anything. As I said, I typically use it as an escape tool, but I have to ask myself every time if I'd have simply been better off turning around so I could see where I was going and also move a little quicker instead of backpedaling/strafing away (and also if you turn around you can climb walls and such which you can't do if your back is facing the wall while you're focused on deflecting your enemy's attacks).

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 07, 2016, 09:14:53 pm »
McCree's Fan the Hammer damage will get nerfed. Good job Blizzard.

McCree is pretty straightforward. What we're looking at right now is his fan the hammer damage. We're going to reduce it. The goal there is to make it so that McCree can still use his combo that we love, which is the flashbang and fan the hammer on somebody like Tracer. McCree should absolutely kill that Tracer. We want McCree to be a counter to people like Tracer, Genji and Reaper. What we're not crazy about, right now, is the way in which McCree can absolutely shred tanks. It's a little too easy, so we want to bring the fan the hammer damage down, so he's still killing the squishies and the medium strength heroes, but he's less effective against the tanks. If he times everything perfectly and gets every single shot off, he's got a shot against a tank, but it's not the instant 'I win' button that it is right now.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-07-overwatch-blizzard-answers-the-big-questions

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 08, 2016, 12:31:41 am »
I guess this means that each fan the hammer will do a max damage of closer to 300 than 400-500?
I hope I will be able to still kill 200-250HP heroes at close quarter (meaning, 5+ bullets hits), if yes I will still play the fuck out of him and just avoid trying to solo heroes like Winston or Zarya, which are indeed really squishy for McCree atm  :mrgreen:

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 08, 2016, 01:17:53 am »
After having played it more, I feel that even right now McCree's flashbang combo isn't quite as broken as it may seem against Tracer, Genji, Mei and Reaper. It is if those guys aren't aware of how strong McCree is at close range, but they can relatively easily bait McCree into throwing the flashbang and activate a skill that negates it at the same time (and for Genji, possibly stunning McCree). Winston is definitely way too easy to kill as McCree though. D.va and Reinhard have shields, Roadhog has his own stun-to-win move and can tank through an imperfectly executed combo.

By the way for the probably few of you who don't know yet, many characters can circumvent the chokepoint at the beginning of Volskaya which makes A point much easier.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 08, 2016, 06:20:11 am »
By the way for the probably few of you who don't know yet, many characters can circumvent the chokepoint at the beginning of Volskaya which makes A point much easier.

Had some people doing this, still smashed the enemy team into the ground easily though. A is quite easy to hold on that map with a torbjörn turret inside by the heal.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 08, 2016, 09:17:10 am »
After having played it more, I feel that even right now McCree's flashbang combo isn't quite as broken as it may seem against Tracer, Genji, Mei and Reaper. It is if those guys aren't aware of how strong McCree is at close range, but they can relatively easily bait McCree into throwing the flashbang and activate a skill that negates it at the same time (and for Genji, possibly stunning McCree). Winston is definitely way too easy to kill as McCree though. D.va and Reinhard have shields, Roadhog has his own stun-to-win move and can tank through an imperfectly executed combo.

Yeah, McCree's flashbang combo is not an autowin against decent Tracer and Genji. I've been playing the two heroes quite a lot lately and I've become quite proficient at baiting flashbangs or just never getting hit. Yesterday I managed to deflect McCree's flashbang back into him and another one of his teammates, glorious victory. But yeah, good players will not have that much trouble with McCree's flashbang, because they know they can't overextend their stay and they know how to dodge it. Much the same with Roadhogs hook combo, I can't recall in the past 2-3 days of playing Tracer that I've ever been hit by the hook, you just kinda get the feel of when they'll throw it.

Btw, D.va and Reinhardt have armor, not shield. There's a difference :P

Volskaya has the left side chokepoint bypass yeah, I've been using it for a while. But a lot of people don't play correctly in that situation, you're not supposed to be fragging from behind and then immediately dying, you're supposed to be a fucking massive annoyance and bait their team back from chokepoint to the point. Sure getting a kill on a Widow is nice but I prioritize surviving and just being a massive pain in the ass. But yeah, the map is still chokepointy, it's even worse with Anubis - there's a reason why these maps aren't very popular in pro play and maps like Route 66 and King's Row are. Though I do believe that with Widow nerf these ultra fortified chokepoints will fall in power.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #267 on: June 08, 2016, 11:11:57 am »
+1