Author Topic: [Blizzard] Overwatch  (Read 50350 times)

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
Re: [Blizzard] Overwatch
« Reply #210 on: June 01, 2016, 05:46:06 pm »
:) rank 787 lucio in the world and climbing to the top https://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/POOPHAMMER-1939/heroes/3
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 01, 2016, 06:02:15 pm »
+1
I wonder if Blizzard intended for so many matches to be decided in overtime. I feel like almost all my matches are decided in the last push/fight and all the previous efforts to stop them is just delaying until the last fight in overtime happens.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 01, 2016, 08:00:55 pm »
I think that this mechanic is successful, every game you have a slight chance at turning the tables whatever the situation is.
Overtime can only be "aboozed" if your team make the last push in a very coordinated manner, but then its just encouraging teamplay  :D

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 01, 2016, 08:27:00 pm »
Except it wouldn't prevent that at all?

It wouldn't prevent it, but it would reduce the diversity in character designs that a somewhat RPS-ish balance allows. Despite some characters being strong counters against others, in general there isn't anything completely ridiculous. Right now I feel that when I get owned by someone using a specific character, it wouldn't happen if I was using that character myself. It may be that a few weeks or months down the line my opinion will change on that, though.

As for D.va buffs and McCree nerfs, I think D.va does need buffs because the only really good thing she has is the ult. However, I feel that McCree only becomes really strong when the player uses all his abilities correctly and manages to get close. He's pretty much helpless at long range against half the characters, much like Reaper.

My number one issue with this game right now is that matchmaking seems to be completely random. Rocket League showed that it's possible to do matchmaking correctly and I hope Blizzard will copy the Rocket League system.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #214 on: June 01, 2016, 09:11:26 pm »
Would've liked the game if it weren't for this design philosophy. "Let's force people to work together with RPS balance" instead of "let's reward teamplay by making it easier to achieve objectives if you work as a team." The latter doesn't even need to be designed -- like in Warband, two people have an advantage over one by the simple fact that there are two of them and they can attack two directions at once. No need for any added bonuses. Same thing when it comes to shieldwalls, pikewalls, cav, archers, etc: everything is stronger with teamplay, but it flows naturally from the gameplay mechanics without an exaggerated RPS balance. Characters in Warband are autonomous units capable of doing everything alone in theory, but enhanced by teamplay and diversity.

Teamplay is rewarded though, sure sometimes you need to switch some heroes out, but often enough you just need to work together. Split up and flank, push as a big group etc.  More often than not simply coordinating pushes wins, over adapting to enemy heroes.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 01, 2016, 09:34:20 pm »
As for D.va buffs and McCree nerfs, I think D.va does need buffs because the only really good thing she has is the ult. However, I feel that McCree only becomes really strong when the player uses all his abilities correctly and manages to get close.

I don't think you can call McCree helpless at any range. Sure his damage drops off and he'll lose long range duel to a Widow (yet another char needing a nerf), but other than that the guy is strong as fuck. Heck I've even killed other Widows from afar, you just need to hit the head - if you're standing behind a Reinhardt shield there's not much the enemy can do. Midrange if you can aim, McCree is a beast. Short range, you don't even need to have skill - you just keep pressing right click and shit will melt. So I disagree, you don't really need to use his abilities correctly, not that it's very hard to use them correctly anyway. For anything beyond short range the guy remains a beast provided you have a good aim.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 01, 2016, 10:09:17 pm »
As I said, I'm not very confident in my skill, especially with McCree for some reason, so my argumentation might be entirely bollocks.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 01, 2016, 11:04:49 pm »
I switched my tryhard hero from Roadhog to McCree  :P

What Vibe says is true, even though against lots of heroes its 50/50 at close range (75/25 if you have the flashbang grenade ready).
Where McCree find a place in my heart is his ultimate: its incredibly hard to place without getting instant-rekt (a bit like "Justice from uargghhhh...") but with a bit of luck and some good positioning/timing it can completely obliterate a team.

Once upon a time I flanked so hard with McCree, that I ended up behind enemy's mid which were pushing for the last flag.
They massacred my team and began to capture... I had already activated my ultimate the second I was in sight of the flag, by the time I had all 3 remaining enemies locked there was only like 5% capture left: bam all dead, saved the day  :P (didnt make it into POTg though :().

Once I almost did the same thing to 5 heroes (backstab "high noon" on last flag battle) but in the midst of the carnage a Roadhog still managed to spot me and hook-kill me  :cry:

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 02, 2016, 12:17:21 am »
Yeah by far my most played hero is McCree so I guess I do have some experience with him.

His ult isn't as strong as it first looks. You're a huge, slow, glowing target when you're ulting and if the enemy widow isn't playing literally without hands, you're guaranteed a bullet to the face when ulting. If the enemy has a Genji you're better off forgetting that you have a Q button. McCree can pull off his ult in two cases:
a) area denial from behind Reinhardt shield
b) surprise buttsex if you get a good flank off, which is weird because McCree is not a flanker, so it's silly that his ult kinda requires flanking

Other than that the hero is complete bullshit. Again, I say that as a player with most hours on McCree and I actually really like the character, and not just because of it's obvious strengths. The fact that it's double picked in pro games only proves my point. He deserves a nerf asap, closely followed by a Widowmaker nerf. The biggest problem is that any kid can pick him up and spam right click for massive damage, his skill floor is very high and I hope that whatever adjustments they make to the hero lowers the skill floor but keeps the skill ceiling or even raises it.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 12:21:06 am by Vibe »

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 02, 2016, 01:13:39 am »
They were talking about a flashbang damage nerf, not sure how that would solve anything honestly. Perhaps unimaginatively, the flashbang could get a longer cooldown.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #220 on: June 02, 2016, 04:53:49 am »
Shorter duration on the flashbang stun, so at least tanky heroes could attempt to dodge a bullet or two to survive the fan, while tracers would still die in the combo.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #221 on: June 02, 2016, 06:22:45 am »
+1
His stun grenade is the problem, the rest of his kit is fine in my opinion.

I main Hanzo/Tracer. Oddly enough I somehow preform way better on Hanzo with Arrows than Widowmaker with a gun, I seem to be able to lead arrows better than bullets being almost instant zzzz. Hanzo's ult is also pretty awesome even if it sucks balls.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 02, 2016, 06:29:58 am »
His stun grenade is the problem, the rest of his kit is fine in my opinion.

I main Hanzo/Tracer. Oddly enough I somehow preform way better on Hanzo with Arrows than Widowmaker with a gun, I seem to be able to lead arrows better than bullets being almost instant zzzz. Hanzo's ult is also pretty awesome even if it sucks balls.

Hanzo ult sucks balls? Id argue its one of the best ults in the game. At least on offensive you will be able to clear a path instantly with it, bastions, torbjörn turrets etc gets fucked. It may not always score multi kills, but it has a lot of uses. A lot of games that are incredibly hard to push i always realize how much a hanzo wouldve changed it with one ult after its ended, and i unfortunately hate sniper classes so i wouldnt have swapped to it anyways.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 02, 2016, 08:10:13 am »
Flashbang is not the problem at all. Sure it's annoying to deal with, but if you nerf the flashbang all the Tracers and Genjis will roam free to wreak havock on your team. It's McCree's right click that is absurd. That thing does 420 damage (meme af), can be reloaded with shift for quick 840 damage burst. That is fine when dealing with flashbanged enemy flankers, but the problem is right click spam also melts all the other heroes close range, including tanks, as well as shit like Reinhardt shield. I think a sensible nerf would be to introduce a cooldown to his right click, much like Lucio has one.

Hanzo ult is great btw.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #224 on: June 02, 2016, 03:14:27 pm »
+1
Fan the Hammer (his right click) is getting nerfed. Can not fucking wait.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway