Author Topic: [Blizzard] Overwatch  (Read 50362 times)

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: [Blizzard] Overwatch
« Reply #135 on: May 08, 2016, 01:44:22 am »
Ive never found bastion hard to fight at all, just need someone to flank him. Genji deals with him very well too, just parry tank his firing and he sudokus. Usually theres one character in the team that can deal with him easily.

We tried 6 man soldier team because self heals and decent damage. Didnt work so well tho, but was fun.

some maps have literally 1 choke point.

genji CAN counter, genji is not a reliable counter thought. because its a skill match up, a smart bastion can just wait for genji to parry then shoot him in the face afterwards.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #136 on: May 08, 2016, 02:11:53 am »
+2
some maps have literally 1 choke point.

genji CAN counter, genji is not a reliable counter thought. because its a skill match up, a smart bastion can just wait for genji to parry then shoot him in the face afterwards.

We've hit pretty high skillcap in our group now and were fighting an equal team for like 10 maps+, and barely ever was bastion used, and when he was he just didnt perform enough. His ult is good, but such a stationary target is easy to take out, either through flanking or simply Hanzo ult. Its a good pick in lower tiers i guess because he literally takes no skill to play, the only thing is deployment and even then he's reliant on having a shield up. Good players deal with it relatively easily. Holding one chokepoint is best done with a wall of really tanky heroes, a couple of dps's or a mass turret spam with some tanky heroes. We had no chance whatsoever against Symmetra + 2 Torbjörns, we would take down the turrets and builders but at that point we'd be dead to the remaining players. Crossfiring turrets too good.

The strongest thing we've fought so far that absolutely demolished us was Mercy + Pharah, the Pharah was a really good player, and with a constant healer following at heights were we could do jack shit, it was just unstoppable. But im not sure if we pulled out a sniper for that, so we may have been at fault.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #137 on: May 08, 2016, 03:27:26 am »
Any way to mute Tracer? Her voice is fucking annoying.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #138 on: May 08, 2016, 03:30:18 am »
Any way to mute Tracer? Her voice is fucking annoying.

Playing as her or against her? Her style of play combined with the voice definitely is a trigger when fighting against. I've been spamming Zaryas "In russia, game plays you." constantly in spawn, its really horrible and lovely.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 08, 2016, 06:43:27 am »
I get that bastion is mostly a destroyer of noobs, but I am a noob ;)

Ive been playing with my cousin, and probably got put in a higher skill bracket cause hes high level and a big TF2 player, and I subsequently got raped pretty much every map.

hes like "finally a game we both play", so now I'm guilt tripped into buying this game but its a good product.

It's just I haven't really been that into competitive online games for like 2 years now. I kinda like chillin with some total war, its almost like I'm getting old.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 08, 2016, 12:53:06 pm »
You can definitely chill in competitive gamemode, like I do with Rocket League. Its more a matter of matchmaking type used than tryhardism mindset. It will probably be the case with OW too.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #141 on: May 08, 2016, 02:20:03 pm »
Playing as her or against her? Her style of play combined with the voice definitely is a trigger when fighting against. I've been spamming Zaryas "In russia, game plays you." constantly in spawn, its really horrible and lovely.

Haven't really gotten rekt by any Tracer cuz she always gets nuked up, playing mostly as Junkrat. But when I play her it's fucking awful to listen too.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 08, 2016, 02:36:54 pm »
The strongest thing we've fought so far that absolutely demolished us was Mercy + Pharah, the Pharah was a really good player, and with a constant healer following at heights were we could do jack shit, it was just unstoppable. But im not sure if we pulled out a sniper for that, so we may have been at fault.

Just pick any hitscan and Pharah is dead if you can aim.

EDIT: Rejoice, open beta extended to May 10th. Honestly, this game is finished, just fucking release it Blizz.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #143 on: May 08, 2016, 03:21:41 pm »
only thing i hope they change is the left over chat box in the main menu :D annoys the hell out of me, even carries over when you watch your highlights or go into settings
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 08, 2016, 04:18:04 pm »

If only it was that easy against the one we played, but she knew how to do her thing without dying at all. I mean we are good players and tried to adapt, but she scored 52 eliminations in a round.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 08, 2016, 06:17:40 pm »
If only it was that easy against the one we played, but she knew how to do her thing without dying at all. I mean we are good players and tried to adapt, but she scored 52 eliminations in a round.

That sounds like a complete stomp lol (my personal record is 42 elims I think, also with Pharah). So I guess she was dodging or what? Or did she have Mercy on her ass the entire time, because that's when you need to dedicate more than one player to taking down something like that.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 06:21:53 pm by Vibe »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 08, 2016, 06:27:38 pm »
That sounds like a complete stomp lol (my personal record is 42 elims I think, also with Pharah). So I guess she was dodging or what? Or did she have Mercy on her ass the entire time, because that's when you need to dedicate more than one player to taking down something like that.

Permanent mercy on her ass, perfect roof position. Completely untouchable with some 5k hours of soldier practice from tf2 so she wasnt missing her rockets. We couldnt even push first point, barely even leave spawn. Definitely the best combo for pubstomping.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #147 on: May 08, 2016, 11:43:33 pm »

EDIT: Rejoice, open beta extended to May 10th. Honestly, this game is finished, just fucking release it Blizz.

where did you see it was extended? (also whats a hitscan) i couldn't see an extension anywhere on the site of battlenet
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #148 on: May 08, 2016, 11:56:49 pm »
where did you see it was extended? (also whats a hitscan) i couldn't see an extension anywhere on the site of battlenet
A hitscan is a shot that doesn't "travel". Basically it hits where you aim the moment you press the fire button.

For example: Widowmaker is a hitscan sniper, hanzo is a projectile sniper.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 09, 2016, 11:46:35 am »

Blizzard official forum post