Author Topic: [Blizzard] Overwatch  (Read 49991 times)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
Re: [Blizzard] Overwatch
« Reply #525 on: July 25, 2016, 06:00:43 pm »
You'd be surprised how many mercys are "good" at surviving since they hide behind reinhardt's shield and heal at max distance the whole time, but will never heal a reaper or someone else other than the tank. If nothing else, what makes a good mercy is a combination of the two... being able to heal anyone and everyone quickly and efficiently (by being in the thick of it), and therefore being able to survive in the thick of it. Arguably the two really go hand in hand and you can't do one without doing the other (although as I mentioned you can survive by hiding and doing almost nothing).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #526 on: July 25, 2016, 06:56:50 pm »
We have seen our fair portion of shitlord Mercy's trust me, we also have seen our fair share of awesome Mercy players up at this rank.

show me your floor is lava achievement

I don't think he has to show anything considering Vibe

Has too high ranks on this hero x3

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 25, 2016, 07:16:46 pm »
dies too much, noob

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #528 on: July 26, 2016, 04:01:34 am »
+1
That moment when you're the best amongst a bunch of scrubs and all you got to show for it is a shit win/loss ratio are a few shiny medals.

https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/Jona-1115

Also the difference between a good mercy and bad mercy is insane - one who knows how to properly prioritize and target switch among their teammates is invaluable. Nothing is worse than a mercy who keeps healing the tank and only the tank even when he's at full health.

Yeah, people who do that are fucking dumb. When I play mercy I feel like some sort of high performance healing airplane, constantly flying around to heal up people, looking for people on high places to fly up to and hover in places to get good healing angles from above  while darting around to evade fire. It is a lot of fun. Also fuck Mercy players that pop rez as soon as one person dies. That isnt how it works. I mean it is if you want to be bad, but that shit I save for 2+ depending on the situation (distance from spawn, how many enemies are there, if I am about to die and saving these guys will help hold the point until I get back etc)

It is not as easy of a class as some people think it is. Especially when it comes to survival. You better believe I will guardian angel the fuck out of a place the second I take damage :P
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 26, 2016, 02:30:55 pm »
Mercy's ult still charges pretty fast, so if I'm confident that that one guy who just died might be the only one if I rez him up and push the fight heavily in our favour, I will rez that one guy.
But its really a big bet because if he fucks up as soon as he's back or your team still fail despite basically having +1 player, then by the time your ult is charged you will have lost a push completely, that you could have maybe turned by rezing a team wipe. Playing Mercy really requires to be aware of the momentum of both teams and playing poker.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 27, 2016, 12:12:57 am »
Blizz looking at changing up McCree again

"We're trying some balance tweaks internally right now. If we like how it feels, we'll try them on the live servers."

I hope they make his FTH useful again and perhaps reduce his max damage range a bit. Let him be the flanker killer rather than a quasi-sniper.

Offline saccizord

• Baron
  • Renown: 120
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: VeraCruz
  • Game nicks: saccizord
« Reply #531 on: July 27, 2016, 12:42:29 am »
Yay I'll be able to play Pharah again

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 27, 2016, 01:59:03 am »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 27, 2016, 02:15:10 am »
Damn, it will change McCree completely when flashbanging/FTH'ing Reaper, Genji and Tracer (and probably others). This half second bonus means they can be killed before they regain control.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 27, 2016, 09:40:03 am »
Damn, it will change McCree completely when flashbanging/FTH'ing Reaper, Genji and Tracer (and probably others). This half second bonus means they can be killed before they regain control.

Not sure what the exact time to unload your FTH now is, but I think you are able to unload all 6 bullets before they regain control now. Think you can even double headshot.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 09:44:54 am by Vibe »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 27, 2016, 02:05:48 pm »
Whats for sure is that before there was always that micro-second where a squishy but competent hero could avoid death from McCree combo. TBH I'm not sure its a good change because it might re-instate McCree IMBA-ness. Gonna play a little and report back.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 27, 2016, 02:28:42 pm »
TBH I'm not sure its a good change because it might re-instate McCree IMBA-ness.

McCree was already imba with the semi-sniper change before this patch... you don't realize what kind of destruction a McCree with really good aim could do. Now they cant wreak havoc on these extreme ranges anymore but has a bit more flanker killing power (as he's supposed to be a flanker killer). I'd say it's a really good change and much more balanced.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 27, 2016, 04:44:13 pm »
I am honestly surprised dva didnt get a little nerf

shes kinda ridiculous right now

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #538 on: July 27, 2016, 04:47:24 pm »
+1
Imo her shield needs to have a little bit less max duration and she should be in a pretty good spot. Right now if a dva knows to not keep it active constantly, it can last a really long time.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 27, 2016, 04:49:00 pm »
Imo her shield needs to have a little bit less max duration and she should be in a pretty good spot. Right now if a dva knows to not keep it active constantly, it can last a really long time.

If not that, more cooldown between shieldings. I think the aoe is a bit silly too, she can block the whole team from getting high noon'd when not even near them because of that cone shape