Author Topic: THE anime thread  (Read 144427 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2266
  • Infamy: 2170
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: THE anime thread
« Reply #1440 on: April 10, 2019, 07:03:56 pm »
Its funny how change in intro/outro song completely killed Dororo hype for me. Also Hyakkimaru talking a lot more than usual does not help the case. Not to mention they don't seem to be going anywhere with the story, at least not for next couple episodes. They should stop the show with ep 12 and call it a day.

Downloaded One-Punch Man, first need to binge through first season before I get onto recently released episode.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #1441 on: April 10, 2019, 10:11:47 pm »
Its funny how change in intro/outro song completely killed Dororo hype for me. Also Hyakkimaru talking a lot more than usual does not help the case. Not to mention they don't seem to be going anywhere with the story, at least not for next couple episodes. They should stop the show with ep 12 and call it a day.

Downloaded One-Punch Man, first need to binge through first season before I get onto recently released episode.

New season is from a different company sadly, and the animation is weird (not in a good way) compared to season 1.

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #1442 on: April 11, 2019, 11:21:42 pm »
straaay

video quality is 80s vhs like legend of galactic heroes and other ancient anime

its actually about wolves, i always thought it was medieval fantasy anime

its fine, a bit like nge but not depressive or like ergo proxy, has bit of cowboy bebop in it

intro and music very 80s, belongs with tmnt, he-man and miami vice :lol:

steve conte sings intro, same dude worked on bebop (best ever) soundtrack

I think I watched Wolf's Rain too young to understand it. It was a very strange and surreal experience to my young teenage self. One of the few times I finished something and couldn't really explain the plot well.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nickleback

• Hero of The Chamber of Tears
  • Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player
  • Sheogorath -a Daedra Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: May 09, 2019, 10:30:36 am »
I think I watched Wolf's Rain too young to understand it. It was a very strange and surreal experience to my young teenage self. One of the few times I finished something and couldn't really explain the plot well.
ever wonder there is life outside?best not to ask.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1360
  • Infamy: 830
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: May 19, 2019, 01:18:46 am »
Watching Demon Slayer (very creative title). Its alright. Animation is top notch. Probably best show this summer but it is weak summer so...

Provided by horriblesubs as usual. Best thing about anime beside quality Japanese craftsmanship and production values, is anime being somewhat niche category globally and thus websites dedicated to it aren't commercial in nature aka not filled with adware to the brim and no one is bothering me because I am borrowing work of our Japanese friends. Pirating anime was even easier in the past but still way better than having to be part of some shady torrent community or having to deal with adware on public torrent trackers, in case of western produced content.

Also trying to get into Bungo Stray Dogs second season but just does not hold my attention. That show has four or five good episodes in second part of first seasons and thats all. Rest is pretty much generic and boring anime.

Last thing to mention, I have seen One Punch Man. Well maybe it is because I have seen first Mob Psycho then OPM but I find Mob Psycho to be superior anime. OPM is funny and thats only good thing about it. It isn't hilarious for me to consider it as one of the best anime I have seen. Its not bad but not particularly great, especially this second season is weak but first was also just decent anime nothing more. Totally don't get the following it has, but I also don't understand Dragon Ball, Naruto or people who claim that Attack on Titan is best currently airing anime. Yes I do watching AoT regularly, but only because I am interested where story is going, otherwise it is kinda crap imho. They managed to turn every single character into boring mess, I literally do not care anymore for any AoT character.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: May 19, 2019, 11:38:50 am »
+1
Also watching Demon Slayer, it's pretty good. Animation is definitely great.

Offline Araxiel

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ((===||:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vincent_Ruth
« Reply #1446 on: May 29, 2019, 06:39:48 pm »
Also watching Demon Slayer, it's pretty good. Animation is definitely great.
Yeap.
Well I roleplayed gay for long time to get Asca attention as harmless one but it didnt help. I only attracted Tueten, Cicero and Grey Order...

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: May 29, 2019, 07:42:08 pm »
Drifters looks interesting.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #1448 on: May 30, 2019, 12:39:43 pm »
I have played overwatch does that count as anime

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: May 30, 2019, 08:40:55 pm »
+1
You guys should give a try:

Dororo to Hyakkimaru - Imagine the samurai era with creatures and demons and the main character's father sacrificed his own son so that his empire could thrive. 48 demons took a part of his body but the Buddha goddess sacrificed herself to save him. Now he goes hunting demons to regain his body parts back.

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari - If you like the type of anime that have people get stuck in another world (game), this is kinda it BUT there's a twist. This land has 4 legendary heroes that rise whenever there's danger coming (Waves). A sword, bow, spear and shield. The main character is the shield guy and he can't use anything but his shield to fight. This is not one of those happy go round anime, as from the very first episode there's the twist. Give it a try if you got nothing to do.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1596
  • Infamy: 1107
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: May 31, 2019, 12:50:46 am »
The twist exists only in first episode, rest is your run of the mill harem loli anime set in fantasy world where otaku is teleported to play his favorite game irl. I still eagerly watch every episode. Last one was visually interesting because whore princess got a slut tattoo and boobies jiggled all over the place. Reminds me of Bleach.

Dororo seems to be going nowhere. I do watch it, but not looking forward to new episodes like I used to. Its not bad like Attack on Titan, but it is getting there. Actually the show that interests me the least of the currently airing is Bungo Stray Dogs, that is just boring to watch.

Most interesting is, of course, Demon Slayer.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: May 31, 2019, 08:43:07 am »
Dororo seems to be going nowhere. I do watch it, but not looking forward to new episodes like I used to. Its not bad like Attack on Titan, but it is getting there.

Dororo I agree, AoT I disagree. AoT has been great lately, imo.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: May 31, 2019, 09:35:44 am »
+1
ANIME GAYS!!!!
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: May 31, 2019, 11:29:35 am »
The twist exists only in first episode, rest is your run of the mill harem loli anime set in fantasy world where otaku is teleported to play his favorite game irl. I still eagerly watch every episode. Last one was visually interesting because whore princess got a slut tattoo and boobies jiggled all over the place. Reminds me of Bleach.

Dororo seems to be going nowhere. I do watch it, but not looking forward to new episodes like I used to. Its not bad like Attack on Titan, but it is getting there. Actually the show that interests me the least of the currently airing is Bungo Stray Dogs, that is just boring to watch.

Most interesting is, of course, Demon Slayer.

I mean it's not unique but fine spoilers ahead:

No one wants to party with the shield hero because he doesn't play games (unfamiliar with most things), the king's daughter joins with him, manipulates him and steals his money THEN pretends he raped her to make everyone including the other heroes hate him. At this point he becomes filled with anger and doesn't care about anyone else. He can't fight monsters well (Nearly 0 attack), but he's forced to fight in the waves to protect the people. Eventually a slave trader talks to him to get some party members.

From there onwards, the king and his daughter keep jabbing at the shield hero to disrupt anything he does, and in this latest episode they got finally exposed and humiliated. I wouldn't say its the run of the mill in the same genre.

As for Dororo uhm he finally "found" (He's blind) his family and they proceed to attempt to kill him as the land is reverting back to being a wasteland. His brother is hunting him down, and at the moment he's filled with so much anger he's not gaining his body parts back when killing the demons. In the latest episode we found out that the strongest demon has been taking these bodyparts for himself when they died and he's going back to his hometown to settle this.

I don't know how you can get "going nowhere" from that.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 977
  • Infamy: 984
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: June 01, 2019, 12:46:03 am »
Isekai genre is very much same story told over and over again.

Because large portion of Japanese youth are otaku, isekai genre is possibly the most popular right now. Two very popular manga and light novel are probably getting their anime adaptation in near future. Solo Leveling and The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious. Re Zero is getting new season very soon, Overlord last season finished last year and there will be more soon. Sword Art Online does not look like it will end any time soon. Whenever you look, there is an isekai show and they have the same premise.