Author Topic: THE anime thread  (Read 144534 times)

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Re: THE anime thread
« Reply #1425 on: February 09, 2019, 08:29:39 pm »
+1
I bet you can't even create a penis getting erect, you bandana-wearing midget
:s u are right,sigh.Ikarus i feel bad now :s
So its confirmed Yuhmaz is a bandana wearing midget.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 612
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: February 19, 2019, 04:32:31 pm »
Dororo is the best show airing currently.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: February 20, 2019, 09:16:52 am »
Dororo is the best show airing currently.

I like Promised Neverland more. Dororo is nice and all, but I find the animation a bit subpar.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1691
  • Infamy: 848
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: February 24, 2019, 05:02:59 pm »
That's strange, most people including me find animation in Dororo quite good. Promised Neverland is a bit like Shield Hero, sometimes good sometimes shit. Dororo is rarely epic but is very constant, with few dips. Although that scene when he went nuts is great and way better than anything I've seen in Deadpool movies. Last episode left a nice cliffhanger but other than that, it's a bit boring in between. First episode was epic tho but so was Shield Hero which is now loli/harem. Good thing about Promised Neverland is that I have no clue what is going to happen next and that's great thing because most of the time it is obvious where story in anime is progressing. I've seen anime with similar vibe (hehe) before but can't remember the name. Something about angel girls with bird wings living on some farm together, trying to decipher how they got there and understand the world about them. But that anime wasn't horror, just weird to the very end.

English translated titles of these new anime are atrocious but Japanese originals are so complicated I can't remember them at all. Tateyusha something and yakusoku neverland, well that second is a bit easier to catch on.

Edit: There is something that is getting on my nerves in anime. Same voice give to same type of character in every anime. Killua type of character. Every anime has it and is voiced by virtually same person in every anime. Promised Neverland has it as well.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 05:12:47 pm by Leshma »

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #1429 on: February 25, 2019, 05:43:07 pm »
+1
I like Promised Neverland more. Dororo is nice and all, but I find the animation a bit subpar.

...what? I think the animation is pretty well, that bridge fight in the first episode was very well animated

Speaking of bad animation, there's an anime called "Twinkle Nora Rock Me", and the animation style can be best described as "Power Point Presentation"
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 05:46:46 pm by Ikarus »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 484
  • Infamy: 1582
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: February 27, 2019, 03:57:43 am »
I know what bothers Vibe but thats actually a plus in my book. Dororo isnt sloppy animation but is animated in certain way that bothers some people. It seems choppy but thats art style not animator fault. Its like they are trying to bring manga/comic feel to animation, in lack of better words to explain it. When action is going on everything is baby smooth but regular stuff like walking has that choppy feel to it. Dororo isnt like Knights of Sidonia where animation is lacking in frames and that makes a mess something or newest season of Berserk where not just frames are missing but animation is crap as well.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: February 28, 2019, 11:06:54 am »
I wouldn't say it's just that, it just felt that some specific parts weren't animated well or rather lazy. Like the monk guy in general. Watching the latest EP I didn't find it lacking, so there's that, might've been just very specific parts from first few eps that stuck to my mind.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2237
  • Infamy: 1473
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: March 04, 2019, 03:43:02 am »
Couldn't bear it, had to peak into Promised Neverland manga to see where it is going with the story. Oh well, this anime is either going to last for few seasons or they'll skip bunch of story because at current pace doesn't seem like they will manage to finish it in one or two seasons.

Started Watching Mob Psycho 100, good anime but drawn in a weird way. Haven't seen One Punch Man so this visual style is new to me.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #1433 on: March 04, 2019, 02:27:44 pm »
Couldn't bear it, had to peak into Promised Neverland manga to see where it is going with the story. Oh well, this anime is either going to last for few seasons or they'll skip bunch of story because at current pace doesn't seem like they will manage to finish it in one or two seasons.

Started Watching Mob Psycho 100, good anime but drawn in a weird way. Haven't seen One Punch Man so this visual style is new to me.

If you mean how they all look similar, it's because you're seeing it from the main protagonist view. He has a huge crush on a girl and sees anyone else as an "inferior being" thus "ugly looking". One punchman is not the same (excluding the main character himself).

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1408
  • Infamy: 1940
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: March 24, 2019, 03:48:35 am »
Not that. More like how odd Mob looks like and few other characters. Master Reigen looks normal most of the time (sometimes he makes same face as Mob), his bro and some others. Mob looks odd because they use it to visualize his boring side, which changes when he explodes and turn into completely different character. What you're talking about, happens rarely when there are other girls around Mobs crush. The thing I liked the most about Mob Psycho is that intro from first episode. Music is perfect.

Dororo is getting near the end, perfect anime while playing Sekiro. Shield Hero last episode was very good. Promised Neverland is going in right direction, shame I had to spoil it for myself a week ago so I wasn't surprised. Started watching another anime, seems to be slice of life or romantic anime something I never watch usually. Its about two best school students, one of them being spoiled and rich girl while other is best male student full of himself, who have crush on each other. Its not that bad, kinda funny at times.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: March 25, 2019, 09:45:50 am »
Dororo is getting near the end, perfect anime while playing Sekiro.

I was just having this talk with a friend a few days ago, how cool it would be if Sekiro had you recover your body parts from slicing up demons ala Dororo.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 11:34:13 am by Vibe »

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: March 25, 2019, 07:21:40 pm »
Sekiro's opening scene reminded me of
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2772
  • Infamy: 1154
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: March 29, 2019, 12:27:42 am »
filling the gaps between 4 different anime with wolfs rain

spoken like a true otaku

naofumi go get em tiger

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #1438 on: March 29, 2019, 03:30:20 pm »
filling the gaps between 4 different anime with wolfs rain

How is it? I always had that "but thats for GiIiiIIirrRllss" voice in my head when I read the title but the quality seems to be pretty neat
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1995
  • Infamy: 1757
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: March 30, 2019, 04:44:11 am »
+1
straaay

video quality is 80s vhs like legend of galactic heroes and other ancient anime

its actually about wolves, i always thought it was medieval fantasy anime

its fine, a bit like nge but not depressive or like ergo proxy, has bit of cowboy bebop in it

intro and music very 80s, belongs with tmnt, he-man and miami vice :lol:

steve conte sings intro, same dude worked on bebop (best ever) soundtrack