Author Topic: rainbow six siege  (Read 7449 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2114
  • Infamy: 2825
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: rainbow six siege
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2015, 11:31:40 pm »
Only good games in this genre are: Rogue Spear, Raven Shield, SWAT 3 and 4 and Ghost Recon. Rest are streamlined crap.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2015, 12:38:32 am »
Seems I also played a lot of Rogue Spear, don't know why I had forgotten. Think I actually played it a lot more than the first one, which was also a really good game btw. As was Swat 1 & 2.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2015, 01:52:28 am »
Don't fuckin tell me the guys that are playing as terrorists are operators from SAS, GIGN, SWAT, etc ... Who the hell had this idea ? That looks retarded. Why don't they replace the skins for the defenders by terrorist skins inpired by csgo for example, and the weaponry by older and more affordable weapons. Like, no AK47, sawed off shotgun, or M92 as defender, but L85A2s and MP7s ? To hell with this game already, I want to plant bombs as a terrorist, not as a GSG9 operator.  :rolleyes:

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Gallonigher
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2015, 06:08:46 am »
I can remember playing the hell out of the first Ghost Recon on Xbox.  The game had a certain griminess to it but it was well-designed down to the pre-mission planning and the squad layout.  It could also be really unforgiving; the terrorist sometimes had X-ray vision and they seemed to be able to hip-fire proficiently at 300 yards but it felt so much like a simulator to me in my teenage years.  Sadly I couldn't get into the newer ones at all.  It doesn't even feel like the same game series since you can only play those in 3rd person.  It changed the gameplay so much for me that I couldn't enjoy it like I used to.

Give me a new ghost recon that plays like an updated version of the 2001 ghost recon with 2015 graphics set in the modern day.  Also make it play in 1st person with weapon models and a minimal HUD.  That would be a game I might be willing to buy.  But this is Ubisoft,  they are a far-cry from the small but respectable company they were in 2001.  These days I fondly refer to them as Ubi$hit.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2015, 10:24:29 am »
I can't tell whether this is some forum bug or this post is lost for good, or what the fuck happened to it. When I go from my profile posts to it, it links to top of this page. So I'm not sure you guys have seen it:

Quote from: Vibe
The game's not horrible but it's not very good either. Rounds are WAY WAY too short. I don't really judge the skill cap for shooting and stuff because I don't really expect this game to have much competitive potential, but I think it can/could be developed into a more tactical shooter, but they need to add more mechanics, longer rounds, just more layers to attacking/defending.

I've played some more of it now and it is somewhat enjoyable. It's never going to replace a game like counterstrike or such and I'm even going to go as far as to say that it's a very different game. In Siege it comes down much more to positioning and how attackers breach the site rather than actual skill in aim, since most of the fights are going to be very close range, there's hardly any aim required. So it comes down to attackers scouting out the place and trying to coordinate a breach (with the use of gadgets that are provided to each specific class) and defenders working to counter that with their traps and gadgets and clever positioning.

That's my gist of it at least from a couple of hours played.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2015, 11:59:13 am »
From what I've seen besides the riot shield being a tad bit OP, it looks like fun with a group of friends.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2015, 12:25:55 pm »
From what I've seen besides the riot shield being a tad bit OP, it looks like fun with a group of friends.

Yeah riot shields need a bit of balance, but it has more to do with the fact that pistols (only thing you can use with shields) have ridiculous damage and laser accuracy from hipfire..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qDkkDqcGPI&feature=youtu.be disgusting

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2015, 02:16:04 pm »

What if you don't have friends? Foreveralone.jpg
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1043
  • Infamy: 1785
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2015, 02:54:04 pm »
+1
Better have no friends than having friends who play Rainbow Six Siege.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2015, 06:28:01 pm »
What if you don't have friends? Foreveralone.jpg

You rage at random people for being retards simple.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2015, 07:47:01 pm »
You rage at random people for being retards simple.

GTA Online heists on PC...nuff said.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2015, 08:38:52 pm »
Haven't been able to find any games for the past couple of days, just goes to the "multiplayer" screen and the players in my team keep adding up and switching but enemy team stays at "searching player" for all 5 slots no matter how long I wait.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2015, 08:40:23 pm »
Haven't been able to find any games for the past couple of days, just goes to the "multiplayer" screen and the players in my team keep adding up and switching but enemy team stays at "searching player" for all 5 slots no matter how long I wait.

The matchmaking is a bit fucked and takes a while. Supposedly today was another patch addressed to matchmaking.

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2016, 08:45:25 pm »
I picked this up on sale for $45.  The game play is excellent.  Actually my biggest concern, which almost caused me to pass this title over are the cash grab micro-transactions.  The fact that most of the content is locked until you grind for it was very concerning for a p2p game.  However, it seems to me that I'll be able to unlock everything (minus skins) with about 50 hours of play (fun and not grindy at all), which is very reasonable in my opinion.  I'm very happy with this purchase.
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2016, 08:49:26 pm »
sale