Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: WoW
« Reply #390 on: July 26, 2018, 02:28:05 pm »
+3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 26, 2018, 04:05:09 pm »
gz and jesus, how much time do you guys have, that was a fast 60

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #392 on: July 26, 2018, 09:10:08 pm »
gz and jesus, how much time do you guys have, that was a fast 60

10 days 16 hours which is pretty bad, but eh. Played over a month.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #393 on: July 26, 2018, 09:47:24 pm »
+3
I always find leveling to be the most fun in MMOS, when I was younger I looked at MMOs / played them like a singelplayer game so I actually never played / got to any endgame cuz I was fucking around too much.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 27, 2018, 09:28:00 am »
10 days 16 hours which is pretty bad, but eh. Played over a month.

I mean it's kinda normal if you fuck around and you say you had a lot of HKs so it's understandable. Leveling professions stalls that even more. Everything in vanilla is very time consuming. I remember many BRD runs, absolutely brutal time investement for a mediocre dungeon (but one that was necessary for so many attunement and other quests).

Gonna give BfA a try myself when it comes, I've been forced to casuality by my time constraints. Though I might try classic servers when the official ones come. I've tried so many private servers over the years and don't want to invest the massive amounts of time that vanilla requires when there's a good chance that one of the scummy people that run these servers will fuck shit up over night.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 09:31:34 am by Vibe »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 28, 2018, 05:26:29 am »
I mean it's kinda normal if you fuck around and you say you had a lot of HKs so it's understandable. Leveling professions stalls that even more. Everything in vanilla is very time consuming. I remember many BRD runs, absolutely brutal time investement for a mediocre dungeon (but one that was necessary for so many attunement and other quests).

Gonna give BfA a try myself when it comes, I've been forced to casuality by my time constraints. Though I might try classic servers when the official ones come. I've tried so many private servers over the years and don't want to invest the massive amounts of time that vanilla requires when there's a good chance that one of the scummy people that run these servers will fuck shit up over night.

BRD has some really good loot tho, and there are "lava runs" that use a different path to get to the last bosses quickly, all of which drop some good shit, especially the last boss with that juicy Ironfoe.

Honestly, i was slightly interested in BfA at first just like i am with every expansion release. But playing classic it just feels like theres nothing to go there for. Even casually i think classic could be very enjoyable, the dangerous part is how addictive it is so that you really just play it a bit more than you should. I guess by that logic BfA would still be a good choice cause you get probably get bored quickly.

"Retail is alot better though. - They removed the annoying features, like community, proffessions, economy and leveling." made me giggle, found on the lights hope discord.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #396 on: July 30, 2018, 11:10:07 pm »
Rotblood is me

/rofl
/moo
/moo
/moo
/moo
/moo

We'd gank you right there if you weren't skull to us.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 31, 2018, 06:01:20 am »
/rofl
/moo
/moo
/moo
/moo
/moo

We'd gank you right there if you weren't skull to us.

I get murdered enough as it is, a 59 shaman came up and crit me down in about 4 seconds and then did a /kiss on me. For a druid to kill anything it takes about a minute of burning them down patiently.

AB weekend is hell, alliance winrate is about 5%. Guild isnt running premades yet which sucks. Need to farm epic mount asap, shit just aint doable with a 60%.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 07, 2018, 06:20:55 am »
I never really understood the immense amount of no-lifing required to become rank 14. Watching a vod on twitch.tv/tipsoutbaby, he hosted a show with some iconic WoW pvp'ers who are all in their different classes incredbly good. Someone mentioned that to reach rank 14 you would have to play around 16 hours a day for 5 days a week for like 3 months.  :|

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #399 on: August 07, 2018, 07:32:52 am »
Started playing retail recently after like a 12 year break, definitely isn't the game I remember, but PvP with some old friends has been fun despite me being garbage. It's nice having 20 ping too, don't think I'll ever be able to go back to an MMO that doesn't have an Aus server now.

Getting close to lvl 70 with under 24 hours played time, feels very fast to level, which is kinda nice when you can only play a couple hours here and there throughout the week and occasionally sperg out over weekends. Getting almost a full bar with a single BG victory.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 07, 2018, 08:48:53 am »
Started playing retail recently after like a 12 year break, definitely isn't the game I remember, but PvP with some old friends has been fun despite me being garbage. It's nice having 20 ping too, don't think I'll ever be able to go back to an MMO that doesn't have an Aus server now.

Getting close to lvl 70 with under 24 hours played time, feels very fast to level, which is kinda nice when you can only play a couple hours here and there throughout the week and occasionally sperg out over weekends. Getting almost a full bar with a single BG victory.

Yeah leveling is fast in retail, even though theres (soon to be) 120 levels. WoW nowadays is great for casual play and if you decide to go a bit more hardcore at endgame, there's always ranked pvp and mythic raids/mythic+ dungeons for pve.

Honestly, after a 12 year break WoW should feel like a completely new game. I know it did for me, and I "only" took break from Wrath of the Lich King expansion until Legion expansion.

I never really understood the immense amount of no-lifing required to become rank 14. Watching a vod on twitch.tv/tipsoutbaby, he hosted a show with some iconic WoW pvp'ers who are all in their different classes incredbly good. Someone mentioned that to reach rank 14 you would have to play around 16 hours a day for 5 days a week for like 3 months.  :|

Reaching rank 14 was legit absolutely insane. I can't remember more than a very small amount of people reaching it per server (and I was on one of the more progressed/hardcore servers). IIRC, the PvP honor system had a decay every week (a percent of your max earned honor) and reaching the higher ranks was always based on how much honor other people grinded, and only a certain % of top honor earners could rank up (10+).

So imagine having to fight like a 20% honor decay AND outgrinding everyone else on the server to be the top honor earner in a given week, for multiple weeks in a row, so forget taking a week break or something, no way to freeze it. 16 hours a day for 5 days a week for 3 months is not an exaggeration by any means. That is what it actually took to reach rank 14. Lots of people actually shared their account they were trying to rank up so the character could be in pvp 24/7 more or less. It's a shame because it had little to do with skill, just pure grind.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 08:59:54 am by Vibe »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 09, 2018, 05:31:54 am »
The twitch vod i talked about is on youtube now,

A ton of information. They mention how in retail wow every class basically has everything covered as far as different skill effects go, but in vanilla every class is quite unique but lacks quite a lot of things others have. Engineering specifically but also other consumables bridge this gap quite well which is an interesting design. A bit unfortunate to be forced into having engineering perhaps, but theres a lot of fun gadgets and stuff, i really dont mind. Ditched skinning for it now, while keeping leatherworking around for a bit. Utilizing every aspect of the game makes you win, you really have a ton of stuff at your disposal if you choose to dig deeper for it.

One of the more interesting points is how Skull of impending doom is basically essential, because being able to damage yourself to break CC is way too good to not utilize.

Another is how when pre-mades clash, the difference between the factions is that alliance plays on survival and outlasting the horde, while horde goes for huge burst generally.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 09, 2018, 09:31:34 am »
True, vanilla was based a lot more on dependance between different classes, you needed class x to do one thing and class y to do another. But because of this it was also way more restrictive (feral druids in raids? paladin dps? lol get out). Retail loses some of that uniqueness in classes to provide far better balance. Vanilla and retail are basically different games for different tastes.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 10, 2018, 12:28:16 am »
True, vanilla was based a lot more on dependance between different classes, you needed class x to do one thing and class y to do another. But because of this it was also way more restrictive (feral druids in raids? paladin dps? lol get out). Retail loses some of that uniqueness in classes to provide far better balance. Vanilla and retail are basically different games for different tastes.

Ferals can actually DPS rather well up till naxx at least from what ive heard (through powershifting). Oomkin is semi-trash but that 3% crit buff is good for mages. Paladin dps is subpar but you can get by if you try hard with it. Obviously there are peak min max comps but the stigma that certain classes just dont cut it for raids is a meme now more than reality cause people can just blast through raids even with the 8 debuff slot patch. 16 debuff slot patch with world buffs? bring whatever wants to come!

Lots of things have changed since the actual vanilla times. I always thought you needed fire resist for MC but thats completely out of the window now.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 10, 2018, 01:10:57 am »
stigma that certain classes just dont cut it for raids is a meme now

Lots of things have changed since the actual vanilla times. I always thought you needed fire resist for MC but thats completely out of the window now.

Oh yeah I know, I was just saying how it used to be. People know raids like the back of their hand now, vanilla has been dissected thoroughly so I imagine it's not that hard to get into raids with subpar specializations.