Author Topic: Thomek  (Read 13833 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: Thomek
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2014, 12:05:30 pm »
+2
So tell me what iam able to do else to proofe that i don't use them hm ?
It's the same situation as with GTX. You're stuck with it. In some point in the future people will eventually stop caring :)
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2014, 12:30:23 pm »
"Hey, he shot me while i was in a bush, no way he could have seen me, he cheated and deleted all the bush meshes ! Ban he !"

So long you can use enemy banners with WSE2, that stays no cheating. ^^
Anyway, I don't think Thomek should step down as admin. He's usually doing a good job though this time he did a decision too quickly.
I doubt that's a reason to take away his admin powers though.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1415
  • Infamy: 2021
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2014, 01:53:34 pm »
Hopefully Thomek will not be punished for making this call. Both videos Qoray posted aren't proving anything because I and many others know very well how Qoray fights and stuff seen in the videos is not it. But we can't prove it, just like Thomek can't prove Qoray is using macros.

But on the other hand, neither Qoray can prove that he isn't using macros and this will probably remain status quo as long crpg is running.

Don't care about native and their crew. From what I saw in cRPG, native players have terrible understanding of the game in general. They might have good and trained twitch reflex, but it's so easy to fool them with simple mind tricks. In my eyes native players are bellow to best cRPG players when it comes to real combat experience.

Offline Qoray

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2014, 02:05:28 pm »
+1
Hopefully Thomek will not be punished for making this call. Both videos Qoray posted aren't proving anything because I and many others know very well how Qoray fights and stuff seen in the videos is not it. But we can't prove it, just like Thomek can't prove Qoray is using macros.

But on the other hand, neither Qoray can prove that he isn't using macros and this will probably remain status quo as long crpg is running.

Don't care about native and their crew. From what I saw in cRPG, native players have terrible understanding of the game in general. They might have good and trained twitch reflex, but it's so easy to fool them with simple mind tricks. In my eyes native players are bellow to best cRPG players when it comes to real combat experience.

wait what, in the second video i did all what u wanted the faster feints etc. and Thomek also said to me that he believest me that i don't got macros.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 02:08:38 pm by Qoray »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2014, 02:29:16 pm »
+4
ok.. ok..

I had a night of sleep, a coffee, some cookies to go with that coffee.  :wink:

First I would like to apologize to Qoray, for picking him more or less at random. I had zero relation to him before the ban, as some people think here, and my impression of him when we talked was of a really cool guy and good sport. He took it very well. (And his anger in the first video is completely understandable, he made it few minutes after the ban.)

The background of this whole drama, were the recent murmurs in the community about people using macros. It felt stupid just ignoring it, and when people ask me openly when we are supposed to do something, the guilt of keeping the silence just boiled over in me. I banned him to see what would happen.

Before we get a system in place to deal with macro-users. All I can ask is for people to stay away from it, please realize we are a small community. This is not a huge game with thousands of players.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 02:34:24 pm by Thomek »

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2014, 02:42:33 pm »
+6
Sometimes I used macros in Runescape to smelt steel bars. Does this make me evil?

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2014, 02:43:19 pm »
+1
Sometimes I used macros in Runescape to smelt steel bars. Does this make me evil?
put this man in jail ASAP!

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2014, 02:53:06 pm »

No. We do only care about crpg. Doesn't matter what ye do elsewhere.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2014, 02:55:00 pm »
+6
Don't be silly, there's of course a context to macro use.

Using it to say Hello/Sorry, or otherwise, no problem. Using all sorts of macros in various MMO games is generally accepted due to various tedious tasks implemented (click this 1000 times!), plus the nature of combat in these games is quite different.

If you're using a macro to counter recoil in an FPS, in effect automating the "pulling down" motion with your mouse that is of course flat out cheating. It is basically automating something that shouldn't be automated, you're supposed to do it your self, that's the gameplay.

In the same sense, for cRPG, anything that would automate abilities that you're not supposed to automate is cheating. Saying Hello, I'm sorry, and other minor tasks is of course OK.

Macro's in general is a huge grey area where you need to place a lot in the proper context.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2014, 03:22:05 pm »
+8
Problem is, this all issue is just drama.

No no. That is not a problem

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2014, 03:39:23 pm »
+6
i remember when i was pro at counter strike source, back 5 years ago when i was 16, using macro to buy all my gear with just 1 or 2 keys

the thing is all these years of playing cRPG the amount of times ive seen Thomek do stupid shit as an admin makes me wonder how much the devs care about who they give the rights to

• Changing the map 3 rounds into the current game
• Banning without warning
• Banning people for playing there class
• bad attitude in admin chat

yes i have witnessed all this from Thomek and he has been an admin for long enough to atleast know to get proof before taking a ban action, jesus..
its like an officer of the law just restraining a totally innocent women with her baby and then throwing her straight into jail for life, just to then realize how they fucked up big time

and then posts an apology thread thinking its all going to be ok, baaaaaaadmiiiinn i hope action gets taken for this so called administrating attempt.

i wouldn't even say Thomek made a mistake doing this, it was just plain ignorance.

warning to strip all rights, make the badmin an admin.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 04:31:31 pm by Saxon. »

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2014, 03:59:47 pm »
1. Ok, last week I changed to arena, pretty late at nite before the map was done, but it was just a mistake. I even apologized in chat, explaining that I thought map was over.

2. Some pro leecher doing nothing for a map in a row, or through several maps. Sure, has happened a few times. Warning them just makes them wait until admins are gone.

3. I never banned anyone for playing their class. I've kicked, rarely even banned them for useless delaying map after map. But sure, perhaps thats how you want c-rpg to be. Just letting all the most annoying forces free to roam. Unleash the trolls.

4. Apart from late nite trolling for laughs I'm usually very nice.

And your metaphor with a totally innocent baby.. come on. This is crpg, most of us know each other for 3 years.  :D

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2014, 04:13:35 pm »
+1
There's no gray area because macroing isn't one of the 4 rules.  This is a simple case if an admin finding any reason to ban someone he doesn't like.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2014, 04:18:11 pm »
+2
There's no gray area because macroing isn't one of the 4 rules.  This is a simple case if an admin finding any reason to ban someone he doesn't like.

Macro users are possible to spot with the naked eye. I might be old, but I'm not blind.

Do I need to post logs? Prove to us with video of your hand, like you told,  that you are not using macros.

Then you will be unbanned asap.

@Nordwolf. Macros are cheating in the way he might be using them. If of course he is using them.

Macro users are actual cheaters. Using a 3rd party software to do inhuman things. It's bannable as hell. And I want to start banning for it.

Listen, I don't want to ban all macro users. A ban wave at this point would be extremely destructive. I think we all can agree on that.

I do this to deal with the murmuring that has been going around the community for quite some time. Macros may be good for you, but it really destroys and undermines the game. People needs to understand this, and we need to keep watch together to keep the game as clean as we can. Just stop using the bullshit.

Just Deadmin already. FFS. NA admins get Deadmined for less.

Oh the best part:
ok.. ok..

I had a night of sleep, a coffee, some cookies to go with that coffee.  :wink:

First I would like to apologize to Qoray, for picking him more or less at random. I had zero relation to him before the ban, as some people think here, and my impression of him when we talked was of a really cool guy and good sport. He took it very well. (And his anger in the first video is completely understandable, he made it few minutes after the ban.)

The background of this whole drama, were the recent murmurs in the community about people using macros. It felt stupid just ignoring it, and when people ask me openly when we are supposed to do something, the guilt of keeping the silence just boiled over in me. I banned him to see what would happen.

Before we get a system in place to deal with macro-users. All I can ask is for people to stay away from it, please realize we are a small community. This is not a huge game with thousands of players.

I banned him to see what would happen.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 04:23:21 pm by Lt_Anders »

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2014, 04:26:58 pm »
+7
3. I never banned anyone for playing their class. I've kicked, rarely even banned them for useless delaying map after map
Atas is what you call delaying, literally at the maps corner on a horse with 0 deaths just waiting for the round to end and running away from enemies to survive the round...(every time his team loses)

but last night i quote you on admin chat "stop delay or ban" when the guy was trying to win for his team fighting, playing his class, if the class is in the game then its not against the rules
they are trying to win, i can understand someone on a horse that is not making a single 1x attempt to win, but whenever a player that is out numbered 1 vs 10 or more wins the round by himself everyone licks their ass in congratulations.

you died, there fore you have to wait, if you don't want to wait for the next round then play smart and not reckless, minimize the game and browse forums, facebook, youtube.
are you really that arsed about waiting 1 or 2 mins..complete and utter selfishness.

"I banned him to see what would happen" - Thomek BestAdminWorld