Author Topic: Recoloring leather armor (WIP)  (Read 410 times)

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
Recoloring leather armor (WIP)
« on: March 03, 2014, 02:30:22 am »
+2
Any opinions so far? Do you like the idea?

(click to show/hide)
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline protox2k

• Earl
  • Renown: 304
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mango
  • Game nicks: Soft_Juicy_Mango
  • IRC nick: Kev
Re: Recoloring leather armor (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 02:37:23 am »
+2
I like it!

hmm you're really looking like Android 7! visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 02:40:55 am »
+1
Some members of the council have stated that simple retextures are not to their liking and will have it hard to pass.

The good thing about such retextures is that you can simply replace them client side and enjoy them on your machine.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 03:05:21 am »
+1
Some members of the council have stated that simple retextures are not to their liking and will have it hard to pass.

The good thing about such retextures is that you can simply replace them client side and enjoy them on your machine.

That sucks...

Blue Kaftan is a great exception or what? I'd love to have a green and a yellow and a black version of Kaftan tbh...

Also, look at all the shoe models that do not have the same color as armors. Saracen Leather Boots for instance have such a shit color that does not go well with Leather armor, the 3 Lamellar Vests, and actually 95% of all other armors that come to my mind. They are either too red or too bright for the armor textures, and it would not hurt to have more versions of these, like a dark brown one.

Or the Saracen Padded Vest should have a recolored version imo, since it really looks like piss. It might look ok with some native Sarranid helmets and the Saracen Leather Boots, but a greyish or black version or a dark brown one would be so much nicer.

Think about bolts and arrows; I dream of a big range of different feather colors like a signature for every crossbower and archer.

We have a red and a blue Gambeson, but the green Baltimores or the yellow HREs have none in their color.

And what really makes me cry is that every Destrier in this game is brown and every Rouncy is black and every Courser is white. There should be at least limited options to pick different colors for your horse, or everything looks like copy and paste.

Zagibu, please tell the council to open their minds and reconsider different color versions!
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 11:26:21 am »
+1
Well, in cases where the original color doesn't work well in combinations, I'm sure that recolors have a better chance.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 11:51:22 am »
+1
What we really need is some retexturing on the boots!