Author Topic: Single Player games  (Read 8512 times)

Offline enigmatic_stranger

• King
  • Renown: 1118
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Single Player games
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2014, 08:54:56 pm »
+2
That game made me fall asleep. How was this such a big hit when it came out? It's mediocre at best.
It was very good in my opinion.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2014, 10:02:53 pm »
+1
That game made me fall asleep. How was this such a big hit when it came out? It's mediocre at best.

I'm not very picky but Cliché Age was too much.  :)

The first Dragon Age game was actually pretty good, maybe the genre just isnt your thing? Dunno.but I do know that they certainly fucked Dragon Age 2 up lol.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2014, 11:06:19 pm »
+1
I'm not sure I like a good RPG with a good story etc, but Dragon Age was so.. bland or something
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2014, 11:17:06 pm »
+3
I'm not sure I like a good RPG with a good story etc, but Dragon Age was so.. bland or something

That just depends on your taste. I personally can't really play games with space/future sci-fi theme. Most of such games just annoy me. I could only play Dead Space (though it's a good game), the rest just annoys me mostly and I can't do anything with it.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2014, 12:58:52 am »
+2

oh THANK GOD I wasn´t the only one!
I got the game and I tried, I really tried TWICE to finish it, I got pretty far (I guess) but there was always one problem: I just couldn´t get myself into the game. For every game, you need some kind of immersion, some feeling that you´re part of the story. But every time when I was playing Dragon Age, I always, always knew that I was playing a video game, which sorta killed the story and everything around it. I don´t know why, it sure is a good game, but I enjoyed similar games like Baldurs Gate way more :I

also, for all the rpg lovers: try Arx Fatalis, loved that game
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 01:13:40 am by Ikarus »

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2014, 02:17:09 am »
+1

Yeah, large parts were pretty boring. It had good parts, too, though. Party member interaction was also pretty well done.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2014, 11:06:43 pm »
+2
also, for all the rpg lovers: try Arx Fatalis, loved that game

really good small game. And like I allways say, that system of drawing runes into air would perfectly fit with a combat system like M&B and I would die to see a SP RPG with both.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2014, 12:11:58 pm »
+1
Arx Fatalis is an excellent spiritual continuation of the Ultima Underworld series.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2014, 12:27:13 pm »
Heroes III campaigns (RoE, AB, SoD, Chronicles)
Roller Coaster
Red Alert
Doom
Heretic
Civ V
Football Manager
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2014, 09:57:44 pm »
+1

I didn't actually care about Dragon Age's story elements all that much. Still much more than I usually do though, and I thought it was alright if not very original at all. I found the gameplay to be the main draw. It played pretty much exactly like a D&D based game and I absolutely love those. It even managed to have more "impact" to things. Combat felt more deadly than in say, Baldur's Gate. That might be due to the better graphics and sounds though.

Add Black & White 1 and 2 to this list. I like both of them very much for very different reasons. In my opinion the first is the best one, however they are too different to make any comparison really worthwhile.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2014, 11:34:45 am »
I almost finished Thief. I'm a big fan of Thief series, the metal age was one of my favourite games. Oldmy old friends can cry about the new Thief, but from my perspective (I believe that I first played Thief more than 10 years ago) it's a good game that didn't give up traditions. There are a lot of technical problems, I really hate how the territory is handled by the engine (these windows...) but in overall it's a good game, 7/10.

Offline korppis

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2014, 12:45:19 pm »
I almost finished Thief. I'm a big fan of Thief series, the metal age was one of my favourite games. Oldmy old friends can cry about the new Thief, but from my perspective (I believe that I first played Thief more than 10 years ago) it's a good game that didn't give up traditions. There are a lot of technical problems, I really hate how the territory is handled by the engine (these windows...) but in overall it's a good game, 7/10.

A lot of people complained about the maps being too limited. Did you notice anything like that compared to old Thiefs?

(click to show/hide)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2014, 01:00:52 pm »
I can't play Thief right now. My PC gets on full lock up when I try to enter my autosave at the start of Chapter 2. Only lowering the graphic settings to low allow me to load the level although my PC could handle it on max settings before just fine.
The 64 bit executable is bug for me as well with all time microstutters but running it on 32 bit works otherwise flawless.
On my Xbox 360 controller the button for running randomly activates itself without a button press which got me killed already several times.

I regret to have bought it this early and I won't play it until they've patched it properly.

I can not recommend the purchase of Thief at this moment.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Fredom

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
  • Coming from a life of crime.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Fredom ; FredomNumbaNine
  • IRC nick: Steam name: Fredom[NumbaNine]
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2014, 01:10:29 pm »
Hitman: Absolution, replay it at difficulty hard atm, but you will be excited for atleast 10 hours at difficulty "normal" and other difficulties from 10 hours up to 100. (With replay in every difficulty you can spend over 50-150 hours!)
Fredom, are you British? -> You got an American accent!- Merc_Sjarken

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2014, 01:11:26 pm »
I couldn't recommend any series that a company decides to pull some necromancy on (although I heard Shadow Warrior was alright it still didn't look that great to me).
And how!