Author Topic: hitboxes 2  (Read 2325 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: hitboxes 2
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2014, 11:37:22 am »
+8
fucking hitboxes man

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sir_Senior_the_Eldest

• Count
  • Renown: 178
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Sir_Senior_the_Eldest, Son_Sonsonsonson
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2014, 03:12:37 pm »
+1
It is because you all look like this these days ;)  :

(click to show/hide)

Imo the amount of headshot kills is just higher than usual body shot kills, because the mass of body shots don't kill people (just like no rules said). You can say 'nerf' as long as you want but even with my OP arbalest it is really difficult to achieve a one shot kill without hitting the head nowadays.
I have a dream that one day this mod will rise up, and live out the true meaning of its creed: ‘We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all classes are created equal.’

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2014, 03:17:36 pm »
+2
your signature is amazing

Offline Youhou

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Youhou
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 03:57:53 pm »
Imo the amount of headshot kills is just higher than usual body shot kills, because the mass of body shots don't kill people (just like no rules said). You can say 'nerf' as long as you want but even with my OP arbalest it is really difficult to achieve a one shot kill without hitting the head nowadays.

Dunno what game you play but I get one-shotted with arbalest with almost no exception having 66 hp and 65 body armor.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2014, 05:17:15 pm »
+1
Dunno what game you play but I get one-shotted with arbalest with almost no exception having 66 hp and 65 body armor.
From having played extensively with similar amounts of tankyness I can call bullshit on this one, I literally never got oneshot by arbalests in the body. I don't think any weapon that has an effective range of a 100 meters and high accuracy should be able to one shot people in a no respawn game mode, even with a headshot. Random headshots are half the reason I don't want to play this crap anymore.

Meanwhile on NA2 ranged shots are constantly slipping through character models without any hits being detected.
Ranged hit detection is awful in general and this works both ways. See a projectile miss you by like 10 cm, die anyway. Probably just server client desyncs.

Offline Sir_Senior_the_Eldest

• Count
  • Renown: 178
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Sir_Senior_the_Eldest, Son_Sonsonsonson
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2014, 09:45:53 pm »
I don't think any weapon that has an effective range of a 100 meters and high accuracy should be able to one shot people in a no respawn game mode, even with a headshot.

This! I have nothing against a decline of average damage of missiles when shooting on longer distances, as it just reflects reality.
Accuracy levels are fine imo. It would be lame if a ranged guy can only have one 'dangerous' shot on a charging guy because he can't hit anything above 20m away. Some kind of covering fire still has to be possible. As said before, maybe not with the same amount of damage on long distances.

And thx darmaster :) one e-peen point for your generosity.
I have a dream that one day this mod will rise up, and live out the true meaning of its creed: ‘We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all classes are created equal.’

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2014, 02:54:20 am »
+1
Well, if you actually check the logs for a long time you probably end up with ranged kills being close to 75% headshots.

Questions are:

Are the head hitboxes simply too big and therefore too easy to hit?
Are the ranged weapons overall way too accurate and therefore a headshot is too easy to hit?
Are the ranged players just that good?

Personally, I would rule out the last question :wink:
well i think bagge has muscle memory for headshotting.