Author Topic: cRPG addiction?!  (Read 9205 times)

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
Re: cRPG addiction?!
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2014, 02:06:17 pm »
+2
not really, its the results you pay for.
Well, my biggest motivator is the sauna afterwards. And a nice ice cold beverage after that :)

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2014, 02:11:44 pm »
get a gym pass dude :P

(seriously, lifting solves everything)

edit: oh i see saxon already suggested this. well, it's sage advice. lifting solves everything.

it is amazing how much your confidence goes up after you've been lifting for a few months/years, and you play games less (not to stop altogether! :D ), gives you an outlet for frustration you might otherwise take out on crpg
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 02:15:08 pm by Corsair831 »
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Fredom

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
  • Coming from a life of crime.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Fredom ; FredomNumbaNine
  • IRC nick: Steam name: Fredom[NumbaNine]
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2014, 02:16:44 pm »
+1
get a gym pass dude :P

(seriously, lifting solves everything)

edit: oh i see saxon already suggested this. well, it's sage advice. lifting solves everything.

it is amazing how much your confidence goes up after you've been lifting for a few months/years, and you play games less (not to stop altogether! :D )
I'm having a personal trainer and train with him every saturday. But I will not get a pass for gym, calisthenics is better and oh, street workout ftw <3 Got a street workout park 30 min away from me in another part of my city. That's good because you can do good shit without paying just a single dollar.
Fredom, are you British? -> You got an American accent!- Merc_Sjarken

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2014, 02:17:55 pm »
Start by getting other hobbies like fitness, plan in daily time to study and study at a friend's house, in the library or under your parents' nose.

For me it's also the only reason that I managed to study for these exams, my gf slept over all month and we studied together. Last year I played 24/7 and didn't even go to any of my exams in january. Did only one single exam in june and one in tuhe third period. Shit was not fun, but like you I couldn't stop even though I hated myself for being so stupid.
Also go ask for help at the psych of your school/university. It can only help.

Holy fuck I didn't think anyone had it that bad! I mean I miss lectures but never exams :o

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2014, 02:18:56 pm »
+1
I'm having a personal trainer and train with him every saturday. But I will not get a pass for gym, calisthenics is better and oh, street workout ftw <3 Got a street workout park 30 min away from me in another part of my city. That's good because you can do good shit without paying just a single dollar.

well that's good, set an alarm for yourself for about 9pm so you turn your PC off at this point, make sure you get up by at the latest 9 30am every day and do at least 1 productive thing in a day (work out, read a book), just don't spend too much time on crpg is what i'm saying :P

i only say lifting because i used to be really heavily addicted to games a few years ago, found lifting a really good way to spend my time more productively

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Fredom

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
  • Coming from a life of crime.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Fredom ; FredomNumbaNine
  • IRC nick: Steam name: Fredom[NumbaNine]
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2014, 02:20:48 pm »
+1
well that's good, set an alarm for yourself for about 9pm so you turn your PC off at this point, make sure you get up by at the latest 9 30am every day and do at least 1 productive thing in a day (work out, read a book), just don't spend too much time on crpg is what i'm saying :P

i only say lifting because i used to be really heavily addicted to games a few years ago, found lifting a really good way to spend my time more productively
Best thing I heard in a speech fits to that: You gotta go out there and earn it if you want it!
True dat^^
Fredom, are you British? -> You got an American accent!- Merc_Sjarken

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2014, 02:25:40 pm »
+1
Best thing I heard in a speech fits to that: You gotta go out there and earn it if you want it!
True dat^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obdd31Q9PqA

Offline enigmatic_stranger

• King
  • Renown: 1118
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2014, 02:28:33 pm »
+5
How to do something in life? Grow some fucking balls and do it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2014, 02:36:31 pm »
+3
Hello guys, I need your help.
School is fucked... Because of cRPG.
When I play cRPG and GTX coz a fucking noob nudged and stabbed me, I feel like playing something else but when I return to my desctop, I rejoin crpg because I do not dind a game I could play.
Any1 here could tell me how I could play less cRPG or get away from it for a bit?
PS: I got many good other games which just wait to get played like the Total Wars but cRPG keeps me away from them...
PS2: I do not have looms.

Always click the folder that has the truth in it's name. Don't lie to yourself.

Create a folder on your desktop and call it 'free time', then create another folder in it and call it 'I've been doing school stuff today' and 'I haven't done anything for school/studies yet'. In 'I've been doing school stuff today' place a folder with the time periods like: 'It's past 17:00 and before 23' and 'it's other time'. In 'it's other time' place a not for yourself 'Go do something else', there is always something to be done! Book to read or dishes to wash or sth. On the other hand in 'It's past 17:00 and before 23' you should place your cRPG launcher.

You should be a parent to yourself who is guiding you and a kid who is guided and can have a reward when job is done. Be both to yourself and your selfcontrol is k!

I placed there the time-factor because often when you get mad in cRPG whole rest of your day is fucked. You just want to make them ranged pay for this or instantly not give a fuck about anything. That's why if you don't want your whole day to be wasted, you should play in the afternoons & evenings.

It worked for me for quite a while but my studies keep my lifestyle chaotic. Eating dinner in the middle of the night, going to bed in the morning, waking up in the evening, not eating for quite a lot of time.

(click to show/hide)

Lolwat, so this part was referring to lifting? Surely lifting is exactly the type of thing that falls under the hobbies that keep you in good shape and busy? Please explain to me how lifting makes you a better person.

As someone who is a lazy fuck without any ambition or dreams or any drive whatsoever I can tell you that it is probably not cRPG keeping you from doing important shit. I have probably been technically addicted to cRPG for quite a while and it was my go to procrastination device whenever I had to do something I dislike. Now I can't be arsed to play at all anymore, but half a dozen other procrastination devices have taken its place and I still can't be arsed to do anything important. Now my study isn't suffering that much from it because I am brilliant, but I do feel like I could be doing a lot more. If you actually have problems doing an education because of being a lazy bum you should probably try things like making to-do lists everyday which you have to finish before doing anything else, or set time clocks to create time for cRPG and for other stuff. Tell me if any of that works, because I couldn't be arsed to do anything like that.

This ^ is what I wanted to say but you always sound less emo than I when talking about things, so I pasted your post again here.

(click to show/hide)

I also enjoyed this post a lot ^
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 02:50:19 pm by BlueKnight »

Skyrim UI

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2014, 03:01:30 pm »
+1
Had the same problem. Went on IRC and got the devs to lock my account until exams were over.

Also, I have a lot of fun with the game now because I refuse to take it seriously anymore. Problem for me was the grind. That was addicting to me. Reason yourself out of *needing* heirlooms, retiring and generally leveling up.

If anything, just play with a skip the fun, and it'll become just another game.

Also, play the game only with friends/socially, and not by your damned self. It's like drinking alone behind a closed door. No matter what you tell yourself "it's just a game," it's still an addiction and a problem.

Good luck, you fucking nerd.

Offline Austrian

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1117
  • Infamy: 126
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Bro's are Bro's, forever.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Brotherhood
  • Game nicks: Austriano, Faust, Nestea
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2014, 03:23:30 pm »
Hello guys, I need your help.
School is fucked... Because of cRPG.
When I play cRPG and GTX coz a fucking noob nudged and stabbed me, I feel like playing something else but when I return to my desctop, I rejoin crpg because I do not dind a game I could play.
Any1 here could tell me how I could play less cRPG or get away from it for a bit?
PS: I got many good other games which just wait to get played like the Total Wars but cRPG keeps me away from them...
PS2: I do not have looms.
I wonder why nobody posted that before:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2014, 03:28:37 pm »
Where is Razer when you need him? Oh that's right he left died

Offline pingpong

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2014, 03:43:06 pm »
How to do something in life? Grow some fucking balls and do it.
(click to show/hide)

repported for promoting gay agenda, this is illegal in vladimir putains russian internets

Offline Hizard

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2014, 03:44:45 pm »
Ye, meet friends or so. Dissociate from computer and get new hobbies. ( Alternative: SPORT )

Offline Razzer

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Intermezzo
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2014, 03:50:16 pm »
+4
Where is Razer when you need him? Oh that's right he left died