Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 482297 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #1185 on: March 06, 2014, 06:05:37 pm »
+1
That will cost a lot of badboy points

Stop living in the past, it's all about aggressive expansion now.

I can see that Poland is now "Outraged" at Russia

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: March 06, 2014, 06:20:57 pm »
+1
Isn't that the natural state of being for Poland?

I always found it a bit strange how well they get along in Strat.
Don't.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #1187 on: March 06, 2014, 06:34:16 pm »
+1
Stop living in the past, it's all about aggressive expansion now.

meh
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: March 06, 2014, 06:40:28 pm »
Time for some personal speculation.. May be far off of course, input welcome.

I think Crimea has been the target of Russia since the end of the Soviet union, and they have just waited patiently for the time to strike.

I used to play a russian developed flight sim back in the day, SU-27 from 96 I believe. It was set in Crimea, and Crimea was the only map. I mean, it was pretty clear to me that even back then, they were practicing and researching and simulating different scenarios for how to take it back. The speed and smoothness in which they have now taken it, supports this theory.

To me, it seems they have just taken a fitting plan from the drawer now that Ukraine is in a weak position. The way that Ukraine has become weak is irrelevant for their plans.

It can even be argued that Crimea "belongs" to Russia more than Ukraine, and I wouldn't disagree completely.. Still, letting Russia just annex part of another civilized country is not something that can be accepted by the world.

History back up your point completely. Just the fact that Russia had a 250 years long naval contract made in the past for fleet rights, and how it was extended recently, explains why Crimea was important to Russia and still is.

I think most countries that have good advisors have some "programs" that fits probable scenarios like Ukraine seceding and subsequent Crimean annexation and they just followed it, hence the smoothness of the operation.

Some good reasons for why Crimea is important can be found here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sea_Fleet#Black_Sea_Fleet_and_Ukraine

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: March 06, 2014, 06:43:05 pm »
+1
On that note, the Danish armed forces have a pretty explicit plan for taking back Scania from Sweden, if the opportunity would ever arise.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #1190 on: March 06, 2014, 06:45:19 pm »
+2
On that note, the Danish armed forces have a pretty explicit plan for taking back Scania from Sweden, if the opportunity would ever arise.

Danes have no trucks?

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #1191 on: March 06, 2014, 06:58:33 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Well, also let's not forget that Ukraine gave away their post soviet nuclear arsenal, with the promise that Russia would respect Ukraines territorial integrity. (Read: we give you all our nukes if you stay the fuck off Crimea)

That agreement is now used for toilet paper by Russia.. (as someone else here mentioned)  Stupid deal really.. Should have kept a few nukes as deterrent.. But you were friends, right?

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1536
  • Infamy: 1
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: March 06, 2014, 07:33:33 pm »
+2
I think that if Dave/Oberyn/Kuujis  continue to scream COOKIE they are really going to believe what they say  :rolleyes:  who said brainwash?

Oberyn has a good excuse. At one point in his life certain douchebag spent whole afternoon calling him nazi. Since then, he can't think of anything else.

Offline BeastSVK

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights who say NI
  • Game nicks: NobleBeast_Knight_who_say_NI
  • IRC nick: NobleBeast_Knight_who_say_NI
« Reply #1193 on: March 06, 2014, 07:44:40 pm »
+7
On the other hand I would recommend all Russians to take a trip to the west, and see for yourself how a society can be, and you immediately see that the system you have is shit, wasteful, corrupted, thieving, two faced and lying.  (Just if you haven't noticed)
Rather dont atleast not into slovakia czech republic poland, hungary the truth is EU isnt win,EU west side is living of taking countries like mine or ukraina into it...my country slovakia have almost 0% of food production that is bought here all production here is mainly for foreigner companies like in mine city US steel or T systems... , they totaly fucked our internal economic so we cant care about ourselves we are just consumer slaves.. we have no production of our food anymore we are importing  from poland what they dont want gaarbige. even food from CHINA !!!,...only big brands taht came here and we are working for them coz we are cheap labours ..the realy wages here are between 300-500e ..but prices arnt so low as in other Eu member states..we are working poornes as we calling ourselves..our politicians are fucking corrupted and selling even our national parks to international corporations, we have no oil but we have black gold its called gypsy ..they are fucking cancer of our state and goverment are treating them like pets ...why ? eu donating it .. politicians take into their pockets and trinkets goes to gypsies so they holding their mouths shut...for example: white working mother with 3 childrens lets say in suppermarket getting payed like 400e working like a bitch .. and gypsy motehr getting 1100e to do nothing just have like 5 or more childrens..and i can continue but i am sick of this ..i am not telling its worst then in russia but they atleast are not slaves of others..in my opinion its same shit here as in russia..the diference is EU is acting like gold box and inside its rotten shit...
PS. i am not on side of EU and not on Russian side ..and certainly not on US side :D ...all sides are evil and poor ukraine is now frontline..russians see their interest EU see theirs ..hope no more blood will be splited take care ukraina brothers
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 07:50:21 pm by BeastSVK »

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #1194 on: March 06, 2014, 08:01:02 pm »
+1
this topic had a good discussion going 40 pages back, but now it has resulted to name calling and moonspeak, i actually thought this was the only thread in the history of c-rpg forums that would not go full retard.

It still surprises me to this day
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #1195 on: March 06, 2014, 08:10:14 pm »
+3
NobleBeast, thank you for honest opinion and good wishes, but
lets say in suppermarket getting payed like 400e working like a bitch ..
What? 400euro, really? In Ukraine you would get like 200 in supermarket, unlikely more.
Aslo, never visited Slovakia, but I was in Czech Republic and prices there, at least for food, were nearly the same as in Ukraine. Of course it is clear that EU is not paradise, that no matter where you live you have to work if you want your life to be good, but I doubt that it would get worse for us in EU.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: March 06, 2014, 08:20:27 pm »
+1
this topic had a good discussion going 40 pages back, but now it has resulted to name calling and moonspeak, i actually thought this was the only thread in the history of c-rpg forums that would not go full retard.

It still surprises me to this day
Going full retard would imply no chance at salvation. I believe this thread can still be redeemed.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #1197 on: March 06, 2014, 08:25:53 pm »
+1
Не надо их так провоцировать товарищи/господа, вон некоторые европейцы уже слюной давятся совсем... Опять все игрушки на компах про плохих Русских будут.
Хотя и я лично такому баловству не потворщик - тихонько у соседних государств "кусочки" отрезать. Безобразие :(
What the @#$% fucking hell, how come this sick prick speaks Russian?  :shock:

Offline Dark_Blade

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Dark_Blade, Fallen_Templar_the_Grey, Jeric_Whistlebone
« Reply #1198 on: March 06, 2014, 08:30:02 pm »
+1
NobleBeast, thank you for honest opinion and good wishes, but What? 400euro, really? In Ukraine you would get like 200 in supermarket, unlikely more.
Aslo, never visited Slovakia, but I was in Czech Republic and prices there, at least for food, were nearly the same as in Ukraine. Of course it is clear that EU is not paradise, that no matter where you live you have to work if you want your life to be good, but I doubt that it would get worse for us in EU.
UAH/USD = about 5 before orange revolution
UAH/USD = 7-8 when there was economical crisis (Yushchenko as president)
UAH/USD = 9.40-10 after revolution.

viva la revolution! we needed changes! here they are.

p.s. fixed xD
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 11:08:53 pm by Dark_Blade »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1426
  • Infamy: 899
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: March 06, 2014, 08:32:21 pm »
+1
NobleBeast, thank you for honest opinion and good wishes, but What? 400euro, really? In Ukraine you would get like 200 in supermarket, unlikely more.

It wont get worse but cant expect it to get much better any time soon. You can't expect to live like average German, because if that ever happens average German will again get pissed and start to kill everything around him. Replace German with any other strong country whose citizens are rich compared to others, like USA or UK. They might take you in their company, but only as shoe polisher :wink:

That is why is not worth to spill any blood over this. After all, this is your second "revolution" for past 10 years, we (Serbia) had only one. But oil pipe is going to pass through our country as well, we're in process of becoming part of EU and I must tell you that Gazprom officials weren't happy to hear that. Also major elections in two weeks, last were two years ago. Only purpose of these elections is to give certain party absolute power... and that party revolves around one man who will probably become our new dictator. In few years, I see myself protesting. But not because I'm patriot. That will be my best shot at becoming rich :P
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 08:35:55 pm by Leshma »