Poll

Do you think a 2 hand sword tournament event would be fun?

Yes
62 (56.4%)
No
48 (43.6%)

Total Members Voted: 110

Voting closed: October 28, 2013, 12:24:52 am

Author Topic: 2 hand sword tournament 2013? Poll  (Read 2287 times)

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
Re: 2 hand sword tournament 2013? Poll
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2013, 07:06:42 pm »
Im gonna go with Panos here. 2h tournaments bore me to hell now. And since they also buffed 1h stab. In both meleeduel cases it would be a "s" key backpedalstabattacks all the way. I think id enjoy archer vs archer duels a lot more, where they use nothing but a bow. That would be hilarious to watch.

Offline SMEGMAR

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Swag so dope, snapback rehab.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2013, 07:26:30 pm »
Ya'll should duel in mail armor with wooden sticks, not my old friendswords like every other european who plays this game.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 08:07:45 pm by SMEGMAR »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Smegmar #1 NA HOC guy that actually doesn't suck dick at cRPG

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2013, 07:44:03 pm »
I feel like this would be great, if you enforced builds designed to make duels interesting. Something along the lines of very high WM (to make blocking at least somewhat difficult), but only moderate ath (to prevent duels from degrading into constant s-keying).

Enforcing cloth armor would also go a long way to making the duels more fun to play & watch.

e:
You could also allow loomed weapons, for the increased damage and speed. Just have some volunteers drop loomed weapons for people to pick up and duel with, to keep things on a level playing field. You could even set up a weapon crate, so that the volunteers don't have to constantly spechop to get more weapons to drop.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 08:09:17 pm by Vodner »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2013, 07:49:16 pm »
+2
Oh my, the duels are gonna be so intense!!!

HIT SLASH SPAM - S KEY - LOLSTAB

Winner is the one who`s gonna do that combination faster and better.

What duels arent like that?
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2013, 08:08:48 pm »
+1
I feel like this would be great, if you enforced builds designed to make duels interesting. Something along the lines of very high WM (to make blocking at least somewhat difficult), but only moderate ath (to prevent the duels from degrading into constant s-keying).

Enforcing cloth armor would also go a long way to making the duels more fun to play & watch.
That would make it interesting, but it'd be kind of pointless then, no? If you're going to have duels in cRPG, people shouldn't be forced into certain builds or certain armor sets. Otherwise, why not have the duels in Native? I suppose you have the few gameplay changes like different stabs and the turn speed nerf, but the spirit of Chri- cRPG is the customization. Not that I'm saying a Native tournament would be bad, I think it'd be better for a 2h tournament actually.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Akynos

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 157
  • cRPG Player
  • Is now an agiwhore :*(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Skono, Rollmops
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2013, 09:11:21 pm »
+1
That would make it interesting, but it'd be kind of pointless then, no? If you're going to have duels in cRPG, people shouldn't be forced into certain builds or certain armor sets. Otherwise, why not have the duels in Native? I suppose you have the few gameplay changes like different stabs and the turn speed nerf, but the spirit of Chri- cRPG is the customization. Not that I'm saying a Native tournament would be bad, I think it'd be better for a 2h tournament actually.

agree.

I'd love a tournament, but with an unlimited choice of classes really. To each his own class which he thinks will make him win ( although that prob means 50% of people will go full plate with flammy *cough*) but then again those who usually play agi then suddenly go plate perform poorly. Ofc all STF and no looms to make it fair. Also no CT weapons and other rules used by last templar tourney thingy.

Kudos to Kulin_Ban for the video

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2013, 09:19:02 pm »
+1
agree.

I'd love a tournament, but with an unlimited choice of classes really. To each his own class which he thinks will make him win ( although that prob means 50% of people will go full plate with flammy *cough*) but then again those who usually play agi then suddenly go plate perform poorly. Ofc all STF and no looms to make it fair. Also no CT weapons and other rules used by last templar tourney thingy.
All people that play cRPG could have been fully loomed by now, I personally think STF and no looms would just make it boring .

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2013, 10:15:16 pm »
+1
agree.

Str builds in duels is the easiest thing ever. I dont think people normally afraid of even being hit even once, while having to hit the other guy 6 times, will find any difficulty playing a str build.

Anyway, there is 2 ways of doing this, it seems. If you choose to use a STF approach, you ruin the customization, which is basicly what c-rpg is about, but it would make it more fair. If you let people go with their mains, then they can use the character that they actually worked on developing, but it would make it more unfair, since people do not have the same gear and level.

There might be a sweetspot between the 2 that i just cant see, but to me it seems like you have to pick one or the other.

Offline Thorondor

• Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Turks
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Beleg
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2013, 10:32:49 pm »
you discuss too deeply about a tournament that won't happen.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2013, 10:39:23 pm »
And why wouldn't it happen?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2013, 10:44:24 pm »

those who vote a no wont attend the tournament but theres a good bunch of people who voted yes.

im all into making it happend for all these yes sayers... then the no sayers can come and watch and wheep (votes can be changed ;) )

i just wish that the ones voting no, also would reply and tell us why they voted no... personally i cant find a reason why one wouldnt want this to happen unless one is a proud noob who are all too inlove with oneself ;D come on, it will be lol, dont be such party poopers :) as i already stated, im going to attend and i suck at blocking! lol but ill attend cus it will be fun and a lol
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 10:51:13 pm by Sniger »

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2013, 10:48:19 pm »
and yeah i also think it should be a crpg tournament with builds, armor, looms and everything else crpg has to offer us. of course we should agree on some kind of limit just to avoid it getting too silly FOR EXAMBLE not more than 21 agility

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2013, 10:53:07 pm »
the poll is up untill next sunday and you can change your vote in case you change your mind *wink* think about it guys, crpg tournament with all weapons, builds and armor. few rules only to avoid it getting silly.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2013, 10:53:46 pm »
+1
and yeah i also think it should be a crpg tournament with builds, armor, looms and everything else crpg has to offer us. of course we should agree on some kind of limit just to avoid it getting too silly FOR EXAMBLE not more than 21 agility

You rly believe agi builds is gonna dominate?lol. Im just gonna say.... that wont be a problem.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 11:20:46 pm by _GTX_ »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2013, 10:54:15 pm »
I just think it might be best if the organizer of this event wasn't someone with a drug problem.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.