Author Topic: pierce damage  (Read 3901 times)

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Nicko
pierce damage
« on: September 19, 2013, 10:32:53 am »
+2
I have just one question: why one-handed swords have more pierce damage than some polearms. For example great long bardiche has 18 pierce and Nordic champion sword has 21 pierce. But in real life I will make more thrust damage with bardiche, because I will use two hands. So I think one handed weapons are OP in thrust damage

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
Re: pierce damage
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 10:50:50 am »
+17
nerff 1 h stab
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 10:54:37 am »
+9
nerf 1h knockdown
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 10:54:51 am »
+14
Just look at how point most 1h swords are and after that look how point your bardiche is , I´m 100% sure a 1h would pierce armour better with the thrust then a bardiche would.

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Nicko
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 10:59:26 am »
Well really not, as I said because of using two hands you will make more damage. You will make more damage with a sword if it just a flesh without armor.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 11:08:35 am »
+8
1 hand is the new 4 direction hoplite. I was playing like I usually do as hop lite but with unloomed long esparda and with 1 wpf it was still very effective. I think with some wpf and masterwork it would be pretty insane. Scoreboards don't necessafilly show how op something is but I was top a few maps

I think the high stab was justified before because the stab was hard to use, now the damage is a bit much. i got 2 shot by a guy in the chest yesterday. Point black instastabs

Anyway cu in chamber of tears
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline deVada

• Vulgar
  • Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
  • banned CRPG until cancelled
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: OdiProfanumVulgus
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 11:37:46 am »
+4
1h stab is ok now, at least there is something against 2h "lolstabs".

Historically weapons like rapiers replaced typical medieval swords (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapier) so it kinda proves that stab damage was found more useful than the cutting one.

For bardiche vs 1h sword comparision - there are three things (on attacking side) that actually influence the power of thrust:

a) speed
b) mass of the attacking item (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momentum)
c) size of the contact spot

Don't know how it is implemented in Warband/cRPG but the biggest speed and mass of a weapon are and the smaller (and sharper) the striking tip of the weapon is - the more damage it does. That explains why huge and heavy bardiche with relatively big tip can't be as effective as light and sharp sword.

Also if you ever fought irl using an axe or a sword you will know the difference when it comes to thrusting. Axes and berdiches aren't handy for thrusting - and of course it is possible to thrust with them (with sufficient strength you are even able to make a thrust with a refrigerator :)) but position of your body while thrusting with a berdiche doesn't allow to use as much of your body mass in the process -  so the thrust is weaker.

The best unreal thing now is that shield becomes instantly penetrable while you start a shield bash. Any plan to fix it?

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 11:48:17 am »
+2
Personally I don't think its worth getting into a realism debate about this. Especially when you think of how unrealistic other aspects are. You can't really look at realism in a vacuum. Armour doesn't work at all realistically, you wouldn't stab up to the hilt with a combat style thrust against most of these armours we have, especially when someone is moving away from the attack. Against armour I reckon a heavy weapon wielded in 2 hands is going to do more than a light 1 handed thrust anyway

Its more about balance and fun though imo
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 11:53:30 am by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 12:43:33 pm »
+1
Well, with the old 1h stab the balance was fine because landing a it was so difficult. But that now that it's really hard to fail a 1h stab the damage is probably too much with some of the 1handers.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 12:57:18 pm »
long bardiche has a heavy blade not fit for stabbing. that stab is here just for a bit of realism.

also, this is prolly for gameplay ballance.
if you want to make it realistic, you would have to add huge ass recovery time for LB everytime it swings.
EDIT: please, just stop crying about 1h stabs already and learn to block down, i am sick of this shit. really.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 01:32:51 pm »
+4
Then explain to me why can polearms and 2 handers happily swing through walls. Realism doesn't only go the way you want it to.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 01:41:23 pm »
+1
Then explain to me why can polearms and 2 handers happily swing through walls. Realism doesn't only go the way you want it to.

this /\

i cant count how many times i got stuck in wall with my espada, only to be killed by a sideswing of some mofo with great sword.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 01:54:47 pm »
"adjust" pierce dmg!
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2013, 04:54:26 pm »

Whoa now, don't go lumping us honorable polearm users with those guys... only they have lightsabers. I wish my axe could swing though all obstacles... I glance on sideswings, overheads, and stabs if there is a nought but a twig behind me, not at all in my swing path.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2013, 05:46:15 pm »
+2
Well really not, as I said because of using two hands you will make more damage. You will make more damage with a sword if it just a flesh without armor.

What the fuck does two hands matter? The point is small and the round part of the blade would prevent it from even going thru a couple of inches.  Just fucking silly.  Use a real weapon without stab you scrub