Author Topic: UnReal World  (Read 2970 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Engelbrekt Kaumolainen vs Wild (@ Part 2)
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2014, 11:31:00 pm »
Darn what happend

I was writing the next episodes in a text file that I somehow managed to delete.

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
Re: UnReal World
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2016, 06:38:18 pm »
Started playing this again. Btw the game is on steam now, but you can download the full version for free from the official website too.

Now my goal is to kill a bear in a "controlled" manner by using a carcass as a bait and hiding nearby for who knows how long until the bear comes by.  Then get a free shot or two at it, hopefully causing massive bleeding before it rushes at me. When it's wounded it will try to escape so I can just hunt it down afterwards. This method has been illegal for who knows how long in real life.  :lol: 

I managed to pull this off once in an earlier game (over a year ago) by accident: A group of forest reindeers had run into my trap pits and fences, and it took me days to process the meat and furs. As I was at it a bear almost killed me because it managed to sneak really close and I was carrying tons of meat that fucked up my combat skills  :lol:

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2016, 02:59:22 pm »
+1
I tried to play this once ages ago, its even less intuitive than dwarf fortress, which really deserves some kind of award.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2016, 01:21:31 am »
+2
I tried to play this once ages ago, its even less intuitive than dwarf fortress, which really deserves some kind of award.

I played both quite a bit long ago and I have to disagree, massively, in UW you can push a key that tells you all the commands and what button does what, that's pretty much all you need to know to get going, there's a tutorial system that leads you through the basics using those commands too. Dwarf Fortress is a whole other level of confusing beast where you will need to spend a lot of time reading up on things if you want to actually succeed at anything in that game.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2016, 03:29:20 pm »
I played both quite a bit long ago and I have to disagree, massively, in UW you can push a key that tells you all the commands and what button does what, that's pretty much all you need to know to get going, there's a tutorial system that leads you through the basics using those commands too. Dwarf Fortress is a whole other level of confusing beast where you will need to spend a lot of time reading up on things if you want to actually succeed at anything in that game.

Yeah true. Though I would kill for UnReal World with more accessible/modernized interface and perhaps mouse/right click use instead of keys for everything.

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2016, 07:37:01 pm »
+1
The game received a graphics update, pretty cool.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2016, 09:01:38 pm »
I'm kinda hoping that the winter will look different, snow piling up at some places more etc. It used to be quite bad, looked the same as summer time, you only left tracks behind all the time.

Offline chaosegg

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • gen 19 Escapist, Philosurfer, Voluntaryist
    • View Profile
    • I need to know why.
  • Faction: Tigurini
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2016, 03:09:57 am »
Yes.
I've played both, recently even...  love them both.
and there's def. less complexity to UnReal World than DF,
although DF adventure mode might be slightly more simple than UW, even now with the latest DF adventure mode version which might be the best/most complex yet.
"All true warriors travel the same river of blood, if one is disgraced, all are disgraced; if one finds his death in glory, so do we all find glory.
No true warrior would allow another to suffer unjust disgrace or begrudge him the fruits of a well-earned victory."

Offline Gatsby

• Knight
  • Renown: 69
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Goffredo; Montfort
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2016, 09:05:13 pm »
Have a question: is it possible to play as thief or assassin? Pickpocket an npc or stealing from houses. And if possible is there any kind o law or karma system?
Is the free version a trial? cos on steam it's 10€

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2016, 10:23:43 pm »
+1
Have a question: is it possible to play as thief or assassin? Pickpocket an npc or stealing from houses. And if possible is there any kind o law or karma system?

I haven't played for a while but Unreal World is fairly relaxed on boundaries but neither does it have very fleshed out systems beyond survival and combat. You can steal items from villages and most likely get attacked, but I am not aware if pick pocketing is or would ever be a feature, there isn't a skill related to that. An assassin? sure, you can go around and kill whoever you want, but again, there isn't really much feature, mechanics or RPG behind it. I think there is some sort of law system now, mainly in that if you commit crimes against local people, you will become known there and they may send someone after you, but it's not extensive. The game really is based on the survive and thrive aspect.

Yes.
I've played both, recently even...  love them both.
and there's def. less complexity to UnReal World than DF,
although DF adventure mode might be slightly more simple than UW, even now with the latest DF adventure mode version which might be the best/most complex yet.

Yeah, but to be fair, URW is completely based on its survival game, DF main work is the Fortress side of the game which is massively complex.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2016, 08:40:54 am »
+1

I believe only steam version costs 10€ (to support the dev) and you can get a free version off of the game's webpage.

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2016, 03:16:53 pm »
I believe only steam version costs 10€ (to support the dev) and you can get a free version off of the game's webpage.

Or you can just not buy it from steam, but donate to the dev directly  :rolleyes: