Author Topic: New NA Community Server  (Read 4886 times)

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
Re: New NA Community Server
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2013, 12:41:30 am »
I love you for doing this man! Honestly, I would be so fucking psyched if this actually happens!

I hate big battles for the most time (especially when playing on my alts) and had the best time chilling in the Community Server. 50 - 60 people I can deal with, but when NA1 fills up to 90+ people shit gets so laggy and death becomes so random that I rather go play something else.

There has also been a stronger surge towards cRPG over the last couple of weeks with Steam sales, I see a ton of new players and seem interest in the mod is revitalized. It would also be great to give us the option to play other maps and rotations than NA1 from time to time.

Make it exactly the same as the old one has been and it should be golden. I'll help you admin it too, as I did on Community.

Heck, I'll even donate a bunch if you get that going!
It never lasts, and you know it won't too. Keslord doesn't need to waste his money, there are plenty of servers empty already and as such, like I said previously, there's no need for another server. Do it if you want another one, but don't do it because you think there's a "need" for it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bullet441

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2013, 01:28:13 am »
+2
It never lasts, and you know it won't too. Keslord doesn't need to waste his money, there are plenty of servers empty already and as such, like I said previously, there's no need for another server. Do it if you want another one, but don't do it because you think there's a "need" for it.

When the previous community server was running, there was a steady population of around 20 during primetime.  A lot of the players that I saw playing there consistently usually don't play big battle.  A new NA_Community server will do just as well as the first, and will do little to detract from the mighty 120 player battles that have been spoken of.  Most players will start playing again on the community server should Zino set it up. 

Another point, where are these "empty servers" that have been spoken of?  The only battle server in NA is the massive official battle, and some players don't enjoy playing in battles with 50-60 on each side.

Offline Smithy

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • immer Kameraden
    • View Profile
  • Faction: iK
  • Game nicks: iK_Smithy
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2013, 03:48:55 am »
+3
There is most definitely a need for a new Community server.  NA_1 at peak times has what, 100-120+ people?  I personally hate playing in those conditions.  So much in fact, that I've actually quit cRPG entirely, unless Zino can get this server on the database.  (We came up with the idea after Community_1 went down)  As Bullet said, there was an everyday population of 20+ on peak times, of literally the same people, because they all hate 100+ battles.

I laugh at all of you who say this will "split the community" even more;  if anything it will bring some players back.  Like myself.  I'm in full support of this, and will (if Zino let's me) aid in the financial end of the deal as much as possible in hopes that this server wont suffer the same fate as Community_1.

Long live Community!

Smithy

Offline Fringe

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Blackfist T.T
  • Game nicks: Fringe, Bane, Bane_of_Fringe
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2013, 03:50:10 am »
When the previous community server was running, there was a steady population of around 20 during primetime.  A lot of the players that I saw playing there consistently usually don't play big battle.  A new NA_Community server will do just as well as the first, and will do little to detract from the mighty 120 player battles that have been spoken of.  Most players will start playing again on the community server should Zino set it up. 

Another point, where are these "empty servers" that have been spoken of?  The only battle server in NA is the massive official battle, and some players don't enjoy playing in battles with 50-60 on each side.

Very true, plenty of skilled players were consistent with the old server.

Also he was talking about what used to be an empty siege (filled up on some nights,) and rageball (we actually go some people in it today, was fun :) ) Anyways, I also see a private server, which is never used. Also just saw the server for the first time. After strat battle I'm on it.

EDIT:
(click to show/hide)
Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2013, 05:23:32 am »
+2

Maybe because they kept locating them in Chicago even though they were told that primary draw for their servers would be an improved ping time for a different segment of the population? I know a number of players who are interested in how "elite" certain players with a 9-27 ping vs 80-100 pingers will be against those same players when the ping is reversed.  :idea:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2013, 06:26:07 am »
Whats was that? Toronto for the server?... Well if you insist

Lol, totally agreed Toronto, best place for the server.
“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2013, 07:17:14 am »
+5
Find something else better to spend your money on, like real life shit... Stop wasting your time on such a shitty game
Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.

Offline Krosis

• Count
  • Renown: 166
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2013, 07:56:56 am »
+2
Texas server=best server..

Seriously though if you leave it at Texas I'll be on that bish quite a bit.

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2013, 08:21:58 am »
+3
I'll just repost this here from the old NA_Community server thread

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2013, 02:47:45 pm »
Find something else better to spend your money on, like real life shit... Stop wasting your time on such a shitty game

Though in LLJK we got one nerd to pay for Texas Battle every month for like half a year that was just goons griefing each other nonstop, then occassionally clans would roll in and completely shit on LLJK with banner balance for nonstop multis (usually Chaos).

Then we somehow got Zealot to start up then host all the official servers for 6+ months, he even stopped playing the game and we still had him paying hundreds of dollars every month like a chump.

Basically if you host a videogame server you are probably a dumbass, a drunk, or have way too much money.  So thanks in advance. 

No one will play on this server anyways.  It will be filled with dirtbags and trolls with bad maps and horrible admins, and will be dead at primetime within a few weeks.  Enjoy!
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2013, 05:59:31 pm »
Though in LLJK we got one nerd to pay for Texas Battle every month for like half a year that was just goons griefing each other nonstop, then occassionally clans would roll in and completely shit on LLJK with banner balance for nonstop multis (usually Chaos).

Then we somehow got Zealot to start up then host all the official servers for 6+ months, he even stopped playing the game and we still had him paying hundreds of dollars every month like a chump.

Basically if you host a videogame server you are probably a dumbass, a drunk, or have way too much money.  So thanks in advance. 

No one will play on this server anyways.  It will be filled with dirtbags and trolls with bad maps and horrible admins, and will be dead at primetime within a few weeks.  Enjoy!

What a bitter point of view.

There are people who actually care about the community and want to give something back - in addition to enhancing their own game play experience - by paying money out of their pocket for the benefit of others. I would be someone who is willing to contribute as well to gain more server options.

That this is not always appreciated is to be expected, but that the attempt is even being mocked by some people is just sad.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2013, 07:54:52 pm »
What a bitter point of view.

There are people who actually care about the community and want to give something back - in addition to enhancing their own game play experience - by paying money out of their pocket for the benefit of others. I would be someone who is willing to contribute as well to gain more server options.

That this is not always appreciated is to be expected, but that the attempt is even being mocked by some people is just sad.

Those same people have already put a lot into the community to make it interesting and also by simply being another body that actually still does play this game. Many people are just showing frustration

because they are tired of seeing a game with such good game mechanics go to shit and get nerfed to the ground. Game is backwards and they should start reverting things drastically to get some sort of a

population. All the old time and best players have already quit. Sadly enough it is hard for some people to even get a roster during prime time for a strat battle. I am one of those that is showing some

frustration and basically done playing this game anymore as well. Might see me in a strat battle once in a blue moon, not sure though, this game has become too lame for me to tolerate. Have fun ...   :wink:
Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2013, 08:09:33 pm »
Those same people have already put a lot into the community to make it interesting and also by simply being another body that actually still does play this game. Many people are just showing frustration

because they are tired of seeing a game with such good game mechanics go to shit and get nerfed to the ground. Game is backwards and they should start reverting things drastically to get some sort of a

population. All the old time and best players have already quit. Sadly enough it is hard for some people to even get a roster during prime time for a strat battle. I am one of those that is showing some

frustration and basically done playing this game anymore as well. Might see me in a strat battle once in a blue moon, not sure though, this game has become too lame for me to tolerate. Have fun ...   :wink:

I agree with some of your frustrations, but that's really not what this thread is about.

Here is someone still willing to give and I for one are more than happy to receive.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2013, 09:42:16 pm »
+2
Okay, wait...

We have the main servers in Chicago...
We also already have a community server with the secondary small population in Chicago as well...

So why do you want another community server in Chicago...? We already have one, and it already suits the needs of people who want ping in that area with a small population instead of the big population of the mains...

I don't get it, what will be different? Will there be radically different crazy-fun-time maps or something?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2013, 09:47:28 pm »
+2
First off, put it in Seattle.

Secondly, put it in Seattle.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"