Conquest is Better !!
17 (68%)
Siege is Better !!
2 (8%)
Undecided
6 (24%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: April 12, 2013, 11:16:31 pm

Author Topic: Conquest or Siege ?  (Read 452 times)

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Conquest or Siege ?
« on: March 23, 2013, 10:15:23 pm »
I am still hopeful that conquest will work out.  The only thing that bugs me about right now, besides the crashing problem, is that it does not pay well in xp or in gold.  Unless you go into a conquest map from a siege map with X2 or better you will most likely spend the next 30 minutes ridding on x1.  Which sucks. 

Maybe give a multiplier for each flag taken for attackers and a multiplier based on time defended per flag for defenders?

Anyway what is your view, Siege or Conquest? 
“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
Re: Conquest or Siege ?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 10:56:42 pm »
THIS IS NOT CONQUEST ITS JUST SIEGE BETA AND SIEGE AS WE KNOW IT WITH ONE SINGLE FLAG WILL STILL BE POSSIBLE

beta siege is also still in the starting phase, they know whats wrong and it will change soon.

Offline Oarsman

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Oarsman_HRE
  • IRC nick: Oarsman
Re: Conquest or Siege ?
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 11:04:40 pm »
+1
Ozin already announced that he is going to change the XP/Gold entirely. With the current system conquest is either heaven or hell on earth because you are stuck with your multi for 30-60 minutes.

But back to your question:
I really love the idea of Conquest but at the moment it is just a pain in the ass.
A huge cluster fuck and without a a clan stack you usually don't come further than 2nd flag as attacker. And even with a bunch of clan mates you can't win as attackers. ( On Friday evening we were about 10-12 HRE's took the first 4 flags in less than 10 minutes and couldn't take the last one because the defenders were spawning too fast )

In my opinion, if these things get changed, conquest will be fucking awsome:
- New XP/Gold system
- Longer respawn times for defenders
- More ways to get to the flags/ opener maps
- Change spawn points, so that the defenders don't spawn directly at the flag behind the attackers. This just makes it even more impossible to take down the flags
- Disable/limit stacks or at least add cooldown timer so they don't get spammed on the same fucking ladder every 5 seconds
- Enable QML as long as the old XP/Gold system is still working, conquest is just full with leechers

Edit:

THIS IS NOT CONQUEST ITS JUST SIEGE BETA

What did i tell you 20 min ago on TS?  :mrgreen:

I'm going to find you and club you to death  :twisted: