Author Topic: Best build and Class to learn Chambering.  (Read 2714 times)

Offline Perverz

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 180
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Perverz
Re: Best build and Class to learn Chambering.
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2013, 11:37:10 pm »
for evrithing other there is Barabe_BloddyDeath (aka Illusion)
BARABE:
those without the necessary properties of good in human society, coarse, vulgar and violent man, scumbags

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013, 11:51:37 pm »
A slower weapon gives you a much larger time window to succeed your chamberblock afaik. Considering slow and long weapons (maybe a CT weapon) might be a good idea. As everybody said, use 2h and pump str.

Also try to learn chamberblocking without unlearning the rest. Chamberblocks also work when you were blocking right before you do them, usually people will see very fast that you try to chamberblock when you stand idle awaiting for their attack. So try first blocking in the right direction then attacking at the right moment in the same direction (might be awkward without inversed mouse movement attack settings).

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2013, 11:51:58 pm »
Instead of changing class just target hoplites and 2d weapons on the battle field.

That will give you a feel for chambering pretty quick. If you chamber accidentally reward yourself and you will see it happen more and more until you are doing like an ordinary block.

Target those with short weapons or use along weapon that way if you mess up a chamber you are out of reach anyway.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2013, 12:56:06 am »
+4
Me and BADPLAYER trained to be good at chambering by both using the wooden Practice Longswords with plate helms and just using overhead swings.  Do it enough and you can make it a fun game of trying to chamber the chamber over and over to see how long it goes for.  This simple exercise makes chamber timing make way more sense, and with heavy armor and a weak practice sword you will be able to make plenty of mistakes.

If you don't have a buddy to practice with, just use a greatsword on random people in duel and try to chamber as your only offense or defense.  Remember to step away from their swing to help your timing while you work on it.

Overhead chamber hoplite thrusts when you can on battle or anywhere.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2013, 01:17:40 am »
I'd say 2h as well.. suggest 24/15 build, a 90 speed sword should be fine. To increase the success rate you should turn into the enemy after successfull chamber, otherwise he will most likely just block it.

Hardest weapons/attacks to chamber for me are flamberge and glaive swings, 2h facehuggers and 1h leftswing.

Chamberblocks for stabs and overheads often fail, after successfull chamber because of turn limit - really annoying.

Me and BADPLAYER trained to be good at chambering by both using the wooden Practice Longswords with plate helms and just using overhead swings.  Do it enough and you can make it a fun game of trying to chamber the chamber over and over to see how long it goes for.  This simple exercise makes chamber timing make way more sense, and with heavy armor and a weak practice sword you will be able to make plenty of mistakes.

If you don't have a buddy to practice with, just use a greatsword on random people in duel and try to chamber as your only offense or defense.  Remember to step away from their swing to help your timing while you work on it.

Overhead chamber hoplite thrusts when you can on battle or anywhere.

Had a training session with rasFrenzy recently, I think we managed to do like 15 successfull chamberblocks in a row with long spear while moving :mrgreen:

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2013, 01:27:03 am »
Well, chambering isn't the same on different melee weapons. I can chamber with poles, but not with 1h or 2h. Each once has to be timed differently. Ofc, once you've learned the basic idea of it, all you have to do is learn to time it right on different melee types.
Not sure if someone already said this, cause I couldn't be arsed to read all the replies.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2013, 02:10:53 am »
+1
A better question would be what to chamber against. Normal 2h swings are the easiest to chamber, followed by polearm thrusts and 1h attacks.

I personally find polearm swings difficult to chamber.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2013, 04:29:12 am »
I play primarily 1h/2h (recently, played all classes).

I'm more than competent at chambering. Beyond some already mentioned tips, theres different ways to learn. My buddy, Bacon, who I learned with, kinda simultaneously, would attack, and expect their attack in the same way and would swing in that way chambering. I rely on maintaining on mid range(for the weapon) and try and convince the enemy to attack me rather than attacking them. Attempting it on fast Agi based characters is hard and requires a shit ton of timing, and you might be better off using regular blocks and attacks.

As a 1h, with shield, it's harder to chamber as your Block to attack animation is slower so your window is harder to hit(but if you get it, it's almost guaranteed hit).

If you wish to learn, try all three class, go to duel, and REFUSE to block. Do nothing but chamber, work on timing(and footwork!). All of these are good for you to learn. If you're NA, I'll gladly help you out.

Chambers work wonders on 1h as they are often caught off guard. Against your average 2h player, they are miracles. You might not be able to beat them in a normal duel, but throwing out a chamber will knock them off their rhythm and often allow you to win duels.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2013, 07:16:18 am »
That is allot of good advice, much appreciated. Thanks guys, its a skill I always wanted to pick up. 
“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline Lansamur

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lansamur, The_Prisoner,Beer_Storage, Carebear_Ravenei
  • IRC nick: Lansamur
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2013, 08:28:38 am »
+1
Just go to the duel server and ask somebody to train with you. Chambering is viable for every class and once learned can be used with any class. So it dsn't really matter which you choose to learn it. Dont try to practise it in the battle server to begin with though, just use the duel server.

Pretty much how I learned it, and it works with every class, too. The only thing you need to adapt to is different weaponspeeds, but that comes with practise.
[22:17] <@chadz> congratz cmpxchg8b, you managed to put 995 errors into the item sheet!
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> epic winning
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> beat that Fasader

Offline enigmatic_stranger

• King
  • Renown: 1118
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2013, 09:07:26 am »
+3
IMO the best way to learn chambering:

1. Go to tutorial in native, fight with trainer bot, learn chamberblock mechanics.
2. Go to nditions duel server, fight with bots there. Learn how your ping change timings of your chambers.
3. Go to crpg duel server, pick your favorite weapon and ask somebody to attack you at random moments(not constantly spamming, but sometimes just stand and suddenly attack).
4. Fight with random players, using only chambers. It is the hardest and maybe frustrating thing, because people will use fast fients, delayed attacks and footwork to kill you, but it's very good! It will teach you to keep all your attention on your opponent, you will learn when you can chamber and when you should reset your attack and block.
5. Try to implement chambering in your usual fight style, for example you can try to chamber every third or fourth attack of your opponent.
6. Repeat paragraph 3, 4, and 5. For example after you launched cRPG you can go to duel server, chamber random weapon attacks with your buddy, then do paragraph 4 and then 5, then again 4, then again 5...
7. Change your fight tactics so that you force enemy to do predictable, easy to chamber attacks.
8. Enjoy all QQ from some not very skilled players like "You just a stupid spammer!!11" or "Y u no look at all my fabulous macro fients and just kill me after my first swing?!?!? :'((("

Good luck, I hope this little guide, written in terrible english will somehow help you :D

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2013, 09:10:37 am »
And a small advice; if you re playing on eu and if you re located on eastern europe or asia and have doomed ping, never try chamber block cuz you will fail.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2013, 10:26:12 am »
+2
And a small advice; if you re playing on eu and if you re located on eastern europe or asia and have doomed ping, never try chamber block cuz you will fail.
I can chamber on NA quite consistently, you just have to adapt your timing and then it is pretty much the same.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2013, 12:24:06 pm »
And if you do this a lot, then it will eventually become a thing of reflex for you, making you constantly die, because of attempting to chamberblock everything unconsciously.

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2013, 06:40:29 pm »
Would chambering work against someone who feints allot?  So you try to chamber a feint knowing it is probably a faint, would the guy get hit before he can switch his feint to a real attack?
“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee