Poll

What old-norse word should I name my new gen?

Herlid (war-force)
11 (13.6%)
Frodr (well-informed, wise)
10 (12.3%)
Vindr (wind)
18 (22.2%)
Reidi (wrath, anger)
17 (21%)
Skald (poet)
17 (21%)
Vote here if you've got an idiotic joke suggestion (please, share, I guess.)
8 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Author Topic: Guide me though my first retirement (with custom items + a poll + snacks)  (Read 1734 times)

Offline Lord_Bernie_of_Voodoo

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove Great Lances 2015
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Bernie
Maybe the Rawhide Coat? The Woolen Cap? But, I really don't see the point in changing your look, those screenshots have to be the manliest thing I have ever seen.

Offline Commodore_Axephante

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 38
  • Jumping with my overheads since '04
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Reidi_the_Unfettered
Maybe the Rawhide Coat? The Woolen Cap? But, I really don't see the point in changing your look, those screenshots have to be the manliest thing I have ever seen.

No I'll look like those screenshots - to me. The question is, what armor will I "replace" with that look. What will I look like to you, you know?

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
No I'll look like those screenshots - to me. The question is, what armor will I "replace" with that look. What will I look like to you, you know?
Do you want light armor, since you throw aswell there might be restrictions on what you can use taking wpf in account. also do you want to look rare to yourself, for instance if you'd replace the kuyak and war mask you would surely see alot more raging berserkers running around the map. :)
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
Here's a light set of nordic looking armor that you will almost NEVER run into. Haven't seen that hat in-game for as long as I can remember. Not the most fashionable when combined, but it doesn't look like you picked items with your eyes closed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Nordic Leather Helmet
 Leather Armor
 Hunter Boots

I voted for the name Vindr, but i think you should add some kind of suffix to it, like a compound word. And keep an eye on the tarot thread tonight!

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

• Earl
    • View Profile
Do you want light armor, since you throw aswell there might be restrictions on what you can use taking wpf in account. also do you want to look rare to yourself, for instance if you'd replace the kuyak and war mask you would surely see alot more raging berserkers running around the map. :)

No throwing in this next build - I just really like to be light on my feet - speed is paramount.

Here's a light set of nordic looking armor that you will almost NEVER run into. Haven't seen that hat in-game for as long as I can remember.
I've definitely decided on that hat myself. For armor though, so far, I'm leaning toward the rawhide coat. Nobody seems to wear that, and it's Nordic enough. Boots I'm going Nomad boots, since they match the forearm bands I made, but I may re-color them :).

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Reidi, just like my castle.

• Earl
    • View Profile
Reidi, just like my castle.

You do know your castle is Reindi, yeah? You scared me there. Because if I made my name Reidi and there was a castle by that name... well, we would be less civil, I think.

In native singleplayer back in the beta days, Radoghir castle was one of the only two, and guess what I always named my lord?

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
You know looking at those pictures we just found the first char in crpg that works out. 

Curls for the girls baby !!!!   :mrgreen: 
“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

• Earl
    • View Profile
+2
And so Reidi the Unfettered was born!!

I'll put the berserker armor in its own thread when it's finished, maybe later this week.

Thanks for your help everyone.