Author Topic: Star Citizen  (Read 108526 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2116
  • Infamy: 251
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Star Citizen
« Reply #1290 on: May 29, 2016, 04:17:40 am »
Nope, Xant is trolling. That other kid has turd for brainz, looks to be genuine Shitizen. Check this out (first 30 secs):

Early alpha testing phase. Prone to wipes. They are selling alpha currency for cash. Ship cost 350 dollars. To spawn it after being blown you need to pay 12 bucks or wait 20 mins. Game has 1% promised features yet they spend time implementing pay2win or in their case cash4grabz feature while there are still idiots blowing money on this steaming pile of poo. Feature they promised won't be in this game. With these guys every new day is another low point in game making business. Like they are going for negative record or something.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: May 29, 2016, 04:23:20 am »
Mass Effect Andromeda pre-order. That game is going to rock and deliver everything SC and Elite promised but ultimately failed to deliver. Which is understandable, who else has better experience how to create massive, ground breaking MMORPG other than Bioware? They learned a lot making SWTOR.
LOL
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #1292 on: May 30, 2016, 12:15:38 am »
I honestly don't care. If they make it, great, I'm excited to play. I do believe they'll finish it eventually. If they don't, whatever, there's other shit to play.
^ this

got my cheapy cheap 24€ game, forgetting it until it´s baked and fresh, then I´ll have a look at it again
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: May 30, 2016, 03:01:53 am »
If you haven't played it yet, once 2.4 is released to stable you should get your money's worth already.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tibes

• Count
  • Renown: 150
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: May 30, 2016, 08:16:41 am »
+1
Well I wasted quite a bit of time following this crap so I'm bit salty. Time wasted following their stupid hype machine spreading lies hurts way more than 24 euros spent on early bird package.

They might make the game but it will probably be massive letdown, like DNF and Colonial Marines. Both singleplayer and multiplayer will be that level of shitty.

You should have just payed 24 and let it go until done. You should have known better already by 2012. Kickstarters potential to be finished isnt that related to hype, fanbase and received donations as youd think. I somehow believe the developers just got the money, were superhyped to start working at first and after a couple of years got rather uninterested in the whole thing. Mainly considering that they technically sold the game to atleast half the potential clients years ago for like half the money AAA games go for these days. Even if they finish it with everything promised, that profitchart will not go very high.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1841
  • Infamy: 2307
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: May 30, 2016, 11:40:43 pm »
If you haven't played it yet, once 2.4 is released to stable you should get your money's worth already.

Truth to be told, I've already got my money worth with Arena Commander 1.0. But getting 24 euro game in exchange for 24 euro isn't the reason I backed this. Wanted that crazy ambitious perfect game in every sense CR pitched at the start.

At least he did something right. Without his crazy promises, publisher smear campaign and insane cult following I highly doubt there would ever be interest from the big guys to try and make game he originally pitched. Now plenty of them have that kind of game in the works. Without crazy talk of Chris Roberts, that probably wouldn't be the case.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: May 31, 2016, 03:26:54 am »
I think Chris' decision to go for 1:1 TPS and FPS animations was a huge mistake. Some of the competing games look a lot better in the animation department with a lot less money and time, because they're not autistically trying to make it perfect like that. There's no real disadvantage to "cheating" there as long as it's close enough.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: May 31, 2016, 11:05:16 am »
You've wasted way more time recently being salty and 'following' this game in order to complain about it. So your time cant be that valuable to you

he's got a point leshman

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 757
  • Infamy: 2168
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: May 31, 2016, 06:52:28 pm »
Actually that is not the case. Spent like few hours talking shit about this game compared to tens of hours promoting it and reading every piece of info about the game I could find.

I think Chris' decision to go for 1:1 TPS and FPS animations was a huge mistake. Some of the competing games look a lot better in the animation department with a lot less money and time, because they're not autistically trying to make it perfect like that. There's no real disadvantage to "cheating" there as long as it's close enough.

I don't find first person movement so bad, they improved a lot. Networking is really bad and makes everything seem lot worse. Game has many rendering issues, lightning is very inconsistent and they can't contain it in local grid most of the time. Also they put those annoying blink lights all over the hangar and space stations. Graphically, this game ain't so great. Textures are top notch quality but they are too sterile looking. Lightning is complete mess. Stuff pop all over the place. Some effects are overused (glare, blur, fog particles).

But physics easily trumps graphics, sound (not too bad but buggy as hell) and animations when it comes to being awful. Nothing in this game moves like it should.

Edit: My point is, even if they switch back to traditional animation model this game won't become smooth as Doom. Crysis for sure isn't.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 726
  • Infamy: 1971
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: August 20, 2016, 03:33:42 am »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: August 20, 2016, 01:46:04 pm »
So you're shutting up now Leshma?  :lol:

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #1301 on: August 20, 2016, 03:03:34 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #1302 on: August 20, 2016, 07:12:05 pm »
Saw most of the gamescom stuff on it, and entering the atmosphere and planet was cool, but the rest was pretty meh. It looks pretty in its 15 fps, but it doesnt seem fun.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 1821
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: August 20, 2016, 07:20:17 pm »
Yeah, ship fighting is weak and gun fights are even worse. But adventure part is nice. You go there, talk with some people, pick some mission, go elsewhere to play mission, something happens, emergent gameplay. That kind of thing. Kinda like Shenmue. Freelancer was pretty much the same, dogfighting sucks but sense of adventure it offers is what people like about it.

It's like Expanse Online or Firefly Online.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: August 21, 2016, 09:06:31 pm »
Star Citizen Gamescom demo was the most impressive game video I have ever watched. That kind of seamless experience with that kind of fidelity is unbelievable. The "city" looked amazing too.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.