Author Topic: Gameplay video (robbaz)  (Read 3448 times)

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Gameplay video (robbaz)
« on: October 03, 2012, 01:47:44 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iFaQ6ipMCw

theres some multiplayer gameplay in there. looks very shallow compared to m&b as expected, don't look as laggy as AoChiv. the graphics/gore/sounds/animations are pretty sweet, does look immersive and reasonably fun.

Offline Kato

• Count
  • Renown: 227
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
Re: Gameplay video (robbaz)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 02:17:17 am »
It's good.
I don't like combat system there, but really enjoy intensive brutal action.(burning people and cut limbs off feels great) :P

Really nice arcade game when i can play and have fun for 30 minutes and then turn it off and doing something else.

It has nothing on warband, but still it's worth of money and impressive job from that small team.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1416
  • Infamy: 2146
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 04:15:07 pm »
It's nice video but these guys are s-key heroes :lol:

Blocking does seem harder than in cRPG, probably because you need better timing.

Offline DarkFox

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 07:04:38 pm »
+4
think that combat system may be a bit deeper than people think.
It definitely is. Personaly for me Warband feels very spamy compare to Chivalry. By spamy I mean that you can attack and block almost at any moment, there is no any weight in youre actions. Footwork, timing and tactics becomes useless if your enemy knows how to block. In Chivalry however you need to be extremely accurate. Every wrong action you do is a chance for your enemy to strike. Combos, kicks/shieldbash, ducking under swings(EPIC) and sometimes jumping above, dodging, sprint attacks, feints. Of course some M&B players may not like it because its different, or because they believe that nice deep melee game cant exist without warband directional combat.
It's nice video but these guys are s-key heroes :lol:

Blocking does seem harder than in cRPG, probably because you need better timing.
It can be hard can be easy, depends how skilled your oponent is. Basically there are 3 ways to break oponents defence: by timing, hit around a block and draining stamina.
  You cant hold your parry like in warband, it stays for like 2 seconds. That allows to do some tricks with timing, making strikes faster or slower by moving your mouse, but mostly with feints. Even with slow weapon good feint is almost unblockable. Not so effective against shields though. Unlike parrys you can hold youre block with shield as much as you want.
  You can hit above a block with overhead, you can jump above a block with thrust, or you can try to hit aside. All this things require footwork and accuracy. To counter such strikes you need to aim with your blocks, move it towards enemys weapon, even if you are using  shield. Sometimes require good reflexes.
  This is not implemented yet, but will be added soon. If your weapon is heavier, your oponent will lose extra stamina while blocking. So  for example if you are using 2H maul and your oponent has a 1H sword, you dont really even need to hit him directly. Just force him to block few times and you will have the advantage.
 btw I like how archers are implemented here. Powerfull, slow, decent in melee but cant kite like in crpg. Also they have +50% backstab damage, so they are more like archer/rogue class.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 07:08:07 pm by DarkFox »

Offline Kato

• Count
  • Renown: 227
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 08:48:24 pm »
Darkfox, pretty great explanation of differences in comparison to warband.

I played about 10 hours till now and still cant get to used to it, but even noob like me can get a tons of kill by simple spamming + backstabs, however against some of aoc veterans, who probably already played for few hundreds hours during alpha and beta i have no chance in 1v1.

Its really mystery why feint key cant be mapped on the same mouse button as block  :rolleyes:, because of this, other than some jumping around and kicks, only trick that work for me its warband like dragged lolstabs.

What need to by changed a little is how spam can be effective, i get tons of kills when i was doing skillless spam and kill people left and right without even seeing them.

New 3rd person camera, similar to warband cam is nice addition that makes group fights a lot more controllable, and greatly decrease amount of teamwounding at least from my side.

The mod support is gonna be great thing for this game.

(click to show/hide)

Offline DarkFox

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 09:59:08 pm »
+1
What need to by changed a little is how spam can be effective, i get tons of kills when i was doing skillless spam and kill people left and right without even seeing them.
Majority of beta players never tryed similar games and you have 2000 warband hours.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 10:28:38 pm »
The mod support is gonna be great thing for this game.

Didn't they fail to reach the kickstarter target to add modding?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2559
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 11:22:57 pm »
Didn't they fail to reach the kickstarter target to add modding?

True.

But let me ask you something, who funded two years of cRPG development?

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 12:14:31 am »
+4
But let me ask you something, who funded two years of cRPG development?

No idea, I just get the money and don't ask questions.