Author Topic: Help me help you.  (Read 1415 times)

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • There can be only one....Winner of each round.
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
  • Faction: The Highland Clan,KUTT
  • Game nicks: (Crpg)Sword_for_hire,MACLEOD_
Help me help you.
« on: February 26, 2014, 04:56:27 am »
I need help with the last step for getting it working. I loaded warband got the seed code then pasted into blank_08 where it is suppose to be(As in the copied crpg folder I called crpg-maps) and when I loaded the map from the scene editor (Loaded warband/crpg-maps) it was not my seed.

I followed all the steps from the post perfectly I am not sure what I did wrong. If you need to know exactly let me know I want to solve this.
Devilize vrs. MacLeod
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fips

• Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
Re: Help me help you.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 12:13:31 pm »
You sure you edited the right file and put it in the right place in the scenes.txt and loaded the right map?

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 11:11:29 pm »
You sure you edited the right file and put it in the right place in the scenes.txt and loaded the right map?

Scenes.txt from the cRPG-mapping folder. I copied the crpg folder itself and just renamed it. I may have to go through the steps again.
Devilize vrs. MacLeod

Offline Nordwolf

• Earl
  • Renown: 492
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Nordwolf, 4 other Nordwolfs, Wolf_in_the_Van Victory, Earngrim, Core, Farewell, Akaio_BlackSpear +**
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 11:39:13 pm »
That's a good idea to do it again, also don't forget to run cRPG-mapping mod when lauching the game.

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 02:28:05 am »
Scenes.txt from the cRPG-mapping folder. I copied the crpg folder itself and just renamed it. I may have to go through the steps again.

I am resetting it it now. I have a couple other questions if you guys are around like a seed for a pure flat map for one.

I recopied the folder.
I opened warband under native an generated a terrain code.
I opened scenes.txt in the copied crpg folder and pasted the code over the blank_01 code.
I loaded my copied crpg folder and I loaded in blank1,and I get some really messed up map with hills. A castle too floating...

I copied the entire blank one line and made 2 gaps and pasted this in the line before blank_1

scn_a1Training_Grounds a1Training_Grounds 256 none none 0 0 100 100 -100 0x000000003000050000083a0f00005f9f0000055100004686 0 0 outer_terrain_castle_9

I don't see it in the list. :/
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 02:58:30 am by MacLeod_ »
Devilize vrs. MacLeod

Offline Fips

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 03:12:02 am »
Don't use blank 1 and don't rename it in the scenes.txt
Unless you set up a whole Module system for your mapping module, the game will only recognize the new scene code if you leave the name as it is. If you want your map to be called like that in your mapping module you also have to edit the script and string-pys from the MS. But this is nothing you need to worry about. Leave the name as blank_20 or whatever and work with that. If the maps gets to a point where it can be submitted, i will just rename it and bring it into the game with whatever name you want.

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 03:36:02 am »
Don't use blank 1 and don't rename it in the scenes.txt
Unless you set up a whole Module system for your mapping module, the game will only recognize the new scene code if you leave the name as it is. If you want your map to be called like that in your mapping module you also have to edit the script and string-pys from the MS. But this is nothing you need to worry about. Leave the name as blank_20 or whatever and work with that. If the maps gets to a point where it can be submitted, i will just rename it and bring it into the game with whatever name you want.

Fips! I am using blank 20 now. I talked to elindor and he told me the same thing about the numbers. I mainly changed the name to see if it would show up in the list. Anyways I loaded up blank 20 after I put the code in and I cant do anything but walk around in the map.

I set controls to default just for editing purposes I pushed space nothing.
Devilize vrs. MacLeod

Offline Fips

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 12:34:16 pm »
Fips! I am using blank 20 now. I talked to elindor and he told me the same thing about the numbers. I mainly changed the name to see if it would show up in the list. Anyways I loaded up blank 20 after I put the code in and I cant do anything but walk around in the map.

I set controls to default just for editing purposes I pushed space nothing.

ctrl+e

(You should really read the guide from peasant women again =P)

Offline MacLeod_

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • A Singleplayer Manual
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 04:01:51 pm »
ctrl+e

(You should really read the guide from peasant women again =P)

It is a great guide. I overlooked control-e because it was not put in the controls section I was staring at the controls for a while. Maybe control-e should be put in bold print so people can find it easier. I am still worried about this map not being the same one I remember the one I made in the terrain code generator looking much flatter.

I wish I had someone to talk to to ask these questions in voice.   -_- I just want to start and not be a damn amature.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 04:04:57 pm by MacLeod_ »
Devilize vrs. MacLeod

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 04:10:49 pm »
+1
It is a great guide. I overlooked control-e because it was not put in the controls section I was staring at the controls for a while. Maybe control-e should be put in bold print so people can find it easier. I am still worried about this map not being the same one I remember the one I made in the terrain code generator looking much flatter.

I wish I had someone to talk to to ask these questions in voice.   -_- I just want to start and not be a damn amature.

In time young padawan :)

(we're all noobs to map editing cause the editor is atrocious)
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 11:32:47 am »
I am resetting it it now. I have a couple other questions if you guys are around like a seed for a pure flat map for one.

I recopied the folder.
I opened warband under native an generated a terrain code.
I opened scenes.txt in the copied crpg folder and pasted the code over the blank_01 code.
I loaded my copied crpg folder and I loaded in blank1,and I get some really messed up map with hills. A castle too floating...

I copied the entire blank one line and made 2 gaps and pasted this in the line before blank_1

scn_a1Training_Grounds a1Training_Grounds 256 none none 0 0 100 100 -100 0x000000003000050000083a0f00005f9f0000055100004686 0 0 outer_terrain_castle_9

I don't see it in the list. :/

suck a dick you mlp bundle of sticks
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.