Author Topic: [Guard] The Caravan Guild (Recruiting Worldwide!)  (Read 83858 times)

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
Re: [Guard] The Caravan Guild (Recruiting Worldwide!)
« Reply #1215 on: August 28, 2014, 07:10:36 pm »
Good excuse to buy a completely new system! :D

True, but i'm kind of pissed that it happened just after the vacation ended and I spend all my dough.  :cry:
And Now I can only work like 10 hrs a week at a lousey 7€/hr..

BUT I am considering trying to stop smoking to save money. Nicotine or gaming addiction.. Choices choices!
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #1216 on: August 28, 2014, 07:29:17 pm »
Both have equal health risks.

Well, a new system would last you quite a few more years, and if you can hold out for another 7 years (that's a long time for a computer if I'm honest. I've had mine for three years and I was thinking about getting a new one a year and a half ago) then you're going to have a solid investment.

Then again, I haven't a clue on your financial situation, not really my place! :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: August 28, 2014, 08:36:44 pm »
True true, yeah i'm not sure how I managed tbh, I guess im too used too awefull graphics to really bother about it(I play c-rpg on near minimum settings, otherwise mad framelag). the only thing that ground my gears every now and then is that for example in Skyrim my render distance was about 20-30 in game meters, but that is about it.

Well, as of now I am putting around 50€ aside on my savings. My total savings atm is like 30€  :rolleyes: had a good vacation though.. :P but then again, I dont have to pay for housing/electricity/etc whatever, so I could just try spending less on bullAntshit.

Reckon I could put together a semi decent PC for 400€? I actually was planning on starting with the very basics I need and then upgrade when financial situation allows me too. Maybe spare some money on trivial stuff like sound card or something. Then purchase that later.

I do have all the cabling/monitor/speakers/ etc, so it would just be the PC.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: August 28, 2014, 09:40:12 pm »
+1
The hard drive isn't fried right? You can save that one, probably save on the tower too, depending on your RAM you miiiiiight be able to get away with that.

Minimal savings but it'll help. You could get a workable PC for that much, although that's the equivalent of about £315. Looking about you could grab a pre-built (with low end graphics card & I5) for about £400 over here so I would say it's doable, to get you back onto cRPG.

To be fair, my laptop I bought for Uni four years back can run cRPG, that was £500 then so...

If you are looking to upgrade at a later date, personally I would prioritise the motherboard since most things fit to it. Hopefully give you a bit of room to maneuver, I've never been good with building computers to be honest, I just use them. :)

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: August 29, 2014, 05:45:26 pm »
The hard drive isn't fried right? You can save that one, probably save on the tower too, depending on your RAM you miiiiiight be able to get away with that.

Minimal savings but it'll help. You could get a workable PC for that much, although that's the equivalent of about £315. Looking about you could grab a pre-built (with low end graphics card & I5) for about £400 over here so I would say it's doable, to get you back onto cRPG.

To be fair, my laptop I bought for Uni four years back can run cRPG, that was £500 then so...

If you are looking to upgrade at a later date, personally I would prioritise the motherboard since most things fit to it. Hopefully give you a bit of room to maneuver, I've never been good with building computers to be honest, I just use them. :)

Excellent! Ill take it into account for sure. I actually called a computer wiz mate of mine to check if anything is salvageable from my old rig, that could save some money aswell. Hopefully!

I know one or two things about building pc's myself but i've practicly always let friends do the heavy lifting for me, the chance is too big to buy something bad is too grat imo, better let someone who knows his stuff handle it.  :lol:

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Aion

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Acke
« Reply #1220 on: August 30, 2014, 10:39:08 pm »
+3
Well well , it took me a while to figure out which forums we use these days , guess i found it :P

First thing i want to say, im back after a big break from crpg. I even tried to make my comeback as a thrower , but that story did end soon. Why? Mainly because i rage much more when playing thrower then other classes and two , because i didnt got any good times with it ( i even got a lot of hate over me).

So that happened , time for a career change. From here i had 3 options ; 1 : hoplite (pole/1h hybrid) 2 : Cavarly (back in 2013 i have been cav for 2 gens ) or 3 ....... become an archer.

The hoplite and cav i played before like i mentioned , but the archer ... . This idea comes from a time when i made my STF archer and played a lot with tenne. If the big master of them all (tenne) do compliment you on shots you easly get flattered :P

But it did become hoplite. Why? Cus crpg needs extra melee more then archers ( :D ) but also cus i think with a melee char i enjoy it more.

Also.... this last part is a response to Tenne. Tenne didnt asked me something , no he didnt. But before my break i felt fear in my chats with tenne. Sometimes i mentioned that we become very inactive on the part of crpg and also other games. In the moments i played (still aslo as thrower) people on Eu1 gave me more attention then i was used too. And tenne also noticed that , like me. Some kind of recruitment was going on after me ( i laughed when i typed this). To call names : Templars and Mercs. But from the templars was more clear then Mercs. i think merc were just tickling me( LOL). Tempalrs tried when they merced with SB.

But what i want to say is this : it doesnt matter how inactive we can be (cus we have lifes next to our screens) , i will never , eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever , leave the Guards. Why? There is no reason to do so. Guards is in my opion the most mature and fun clan there is. i have learned some things from a lot of our members , and it was bifi , good old bifi who got me in. I was a noob , was struggling with the build system and was playing polearm. I asked for help many times until bifi stepped up and guided me through it. He also gave me builds to try and from there i grew more and more in to the Caravan family. It became so far when i applied for the guards , most of them thought i already was one :D.

So this my reply , after a long time of silence from my part. Now you guys know everything again from my part. Hope to see you guys soon :).

Greetings,

Acke Cuego

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: August 31, 2014, 07:30:35 pm »
Hehe, welcome back Acke!  :D

Guards do indeed have, from my own personal experience, the most polite and nice members!

(I had no idea you left tbh, I thought I saw you play a month ago or so, it was on siege though.  :mrgreen:)

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: September 01, 2014, 06:39:20 am »
+1
Annoyingly, Imageshack have decided that we no longer needed our images on the front page of our thread so it now looks very empty.

Elmuri has kindly rewritten the front page to make it more casual but now we need some more images or the old images (which I never saved since they've been there for niegh on two years...).

Also, Mr. Cuego has always been around and has always had build problems! :P It's always reassuring to hear long time members say that they'll never leave, I'm pleased that the environment of the clan breeds that kind of thought process, it means the indoctrination has worked to some degree.

Anyway, I've also got to apologise for my huge inactivity, I'm completely bogged down with rubbish until at least the 12th, then I actually have to leave to go to the real world and get a proper job. No more dossing about in University...

EDIT: I've added Elmuri's changes to the opening post. Enjoy! :)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 06:50:35 am by Tennenoth »

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #1223 on: September 03, 2014, 08:37:25 pm »
+3
I'll never leave !
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Bifi

• Count
  • Renown: 211
  • Infamy: 6
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Bifi, Mr_Turtle
  • IRC nick: Bifi
« Reply #1224 on: September 05, 2014, 03:01:45 pm »
+2
Never.
[16:30] <@cmp> real programmers don't make webpages
Quote from: cmpxchg8b
- fixed Jesus bug

Offline SayAttack

• Baron
  • Renown: 115
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: September 08, 2014, 07:21:24 pm »
2Tennenoth

Is it true that in England  if someone said  to you that it would be nice to have a tea someday, it means that this person  never going to do it with you?

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: September 08, 2014, 07:23:41 pm »
T's a normal thing for Brits to be rediculously polite and then scrub the floor with you as soon as you leave through the door.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline SayAttack

• Baron
  • Renown: 115
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: September 08, 2014, 07:28:35 pm »
+2
^^
 i am just impressed by this gentleman's way to say: fak off)

going to take it into service

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: September 08, 2014, 08:46:48 pm »
Hehe, ok!

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: September 08, 2014, 11:04:21 pm »
+2
Err, generally if someone says something like "I'll have to invite you over to dinner sometime" it means that they're never going to do it. It's just a way of saying "I don't want to talk anymore".

Similar to "I'll let you go" or "I'm sure you are busy, I'll leave you alone."

Tristan posted this way back when, it sums everything up pretty nicely: